AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Battle Star Galactica-New series

Forum: Life As It Happens
Work [slavery], men&women, books, food, life as you see it.
Topic: Battle Star Galactica-New series
Total Posts: 26

Da'Yeyinde

Hey All,
Just watched the new Sci Fi channel series, a re done one of the 1978 or so original Battlestar Galactica one.
I like it, its pretty dark, but it raised a question for me.
In the second episode, a humaniod looking cylon wants to procreate with a human. She wants a baby.
Now they look and act like humans, but when you cremate them, you can tell they are made of synthetic compounds.

You may be asking what in the heck does this have to do with anything...
Well let me tell you.
If they look and act alive, and can possibly procreate with a human... Can they be infected by a Xenomorph??
I just want opinions.

Da Yeyinde

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Do they have human internal organs and human body functions?

Mar.

Da'Yeyinde

Yes,
They are apparently very human looking, sweat, bleed, but they have silicon synapsises in their brains.
Certain types of nebula storms, or things in space cause problems with those synapsis.
They do have greater strength, and are programmed. But can possibly even grow up as a human child would.
In the t.v. series now, one sleeper agent, is so undercover, she doesn't know she is one. And is just discovering that she is, but she seems to be fighting the programing she has.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Interesting, maybe the xeno would go inside one of these things, it would be a interesting turn of events, thinking of this as another story line maybe...?

Mar.

Da'Yeyinde

No. But after watching the made for t.v. movie, then the series on the Sci Fi channel. And hearing this one cylon say to the human she has been "helping" , that she wants a baby with him.
Made me think, gee if they can procreate, can a Xeno hatch in one of em??

Da'Yeyinde

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Only one way to find out...

Mar.

hardkoreUSMC

Doesn't the last remaining human ship that isn't under Cylon control the old hulking POS one?

Da'Yeyinde

No clue dude, But I will find out.

Da Yeyinde

TheBlackCat

I would assume the cylon would need to be significantly made out organic materials. Plus it would need to have energy-containing and structural molecules compatible with alien biochemistry, and have a biology a xeno is capable of successfully commandeering. It would also have to be sensitive to the facehugger neurotoxins used to paralyze victims.

Come to think of it, it is pretty strange that a human has all those characterstics. Plus humans and aliens must have identical DNA codon--> amino acid relationship, not to mention the same bases and the same number of bases in a codon.

Prezes

Does anyone know for howmany seasons this is going to run for?

As they are retelling the original story, and then there was only so many episode, will they do the same or willl they milk it for a bit more?

Da'Yeyinde

Prezes,
I know they are in their second season now.
As in the old series they meet up with another battle star..
The Pegasus I believe and have some problems with them.
As in the old series as well.
I find it interesting that the original "Apollo" is on the new series as a vague bad guy. A former prison inmate who is the "representative" for the colony/planet that is also the ship full of prison inmates.
They do a lot of stuff based off the old series.. but have changes that go into a whole new direction.
I haven't seen the second half of the second season yet. but its been good.
Even my brother...a black hole of idocy has discovered the series and likes it.
LOL
Da'Yeyinde

Crazy Alien Lord

I love the new series, I will respond more when my head is less filled with flem.

ALNS

Prezes

I am also religiously watching the second series, but I still don't know what to make of it.

Even tho all is very nice and fun to watch, I am often put off the very Earthy things they have...

They drive HUMVEE's, they have earth guns, etc... why?

At least Space:Above & Beyond and Farscpae did something about this.

Here they don't even bother to address it.

Is it to make the series easier to follow by the lame sampled viewing audiance that the American TV networks listen to?

Prezes

season 2 is progressing nicely...

Prezes

I have heard rummers that Galactica will meet up with a sister ship.

There are ment to be a couple of cylones on board as well...

We have already been told that there are 8 cylones in the current fleet. The reporter, Boomer...

Who else?

Vice president Gaius Baltar? The president dies and a cylon takes over, that be nice. would explain why he keeps seeing Number Six and that they could not find a chip in head. He is a cylon, doesn't know about and is communicating with NumberSix using the same technology that the cylons use to upload their memories when they die.

Or is he just nuts, and NumberSix is just an illusion?

Crazy Alien Lord

anyone see season 3 finalee?

Prezes

Season 3 Finalee?

I didn't even know there was a season 3 yet

Da'Yeyinde

I am having to wait for the end of season two or season three.
Not sure what it is up to now...
the last time I borrowed a tape that a friend of mine uses to tape the episodes on.. I lent it to some one else.. and he took forever to get it back to me...
So I doubt my friend will lend it to me now.. I will have to wait for the dvd to come out and rent it.

Da'Yeyinde

Prezes

what an ending to season 2 !!!

does any one know when season 3 starts

On a personal note, I hate wiessal like Baltar !!!
How come no-one shot him yet?

hardkoreUSMC

idk...same reason i guess humanity is getting exiled from its own planet.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 37db8fc8d3aab0a1792cc80808306bcc)