AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

GAME STORY?

Forum: Life As It Happens
Work [slavery], men&women, books, food, life as you see it.
Topic: GAME STORY?
Total Posts: 7

asdfasdfasdf

hi, could someone help me out for some reason i cannot get onto the game story website is it closed or somthing?

asdfasdfasdf

would someone please give me an answer?

Prezes

Well...

I guess it's time to post the full story

the other year, I transfered the domain to a new registrar, Stargate.com

During the transferm, the old company passed the domain over with their own contact information. Both the phone number & the email address was that of the old registrar.

The email address of "transfers@" was a bit of a give away.

The renewal come round and I could not login to renew the domain.

so it expired (thats when they took over the DNS control). This gave me limited time to do something about.
Started with emails, to the support team. But as I am in the UK, and they are in the US, the time difference... It ment there was 1 email a day, sometimes it took even 2 days !

I was asked to send a noterised email to change the details to admin@gamestory.net (apparently that's not an obvious request to those morrons).

So that takes a few days to sort out, then post it to them. So more days go by before they get it. Then I had to contact them again. But is seems they only have 1 girl working in the billing department who is [u]never in !!![/u]

So before everything gets sorted out, the 1 months provisional period that they keep the domain, expires and I loose the domain. So guy then buys it the second it becomes available (yeap, the very second as there as such service which monitor the availablility of domains that are in limbo).

So I had to contact the guy who is now incharge of the gamestory domain.

Well after sometime, I get a response (there were many contact emails addresses listed, but none seemed to work).

After a few days of emailing, the price was $750 to get the domain back.

But as that as much I pay per year for all the sites, I just don't have that cash.

So I am setting up other domains up our site.

I have all the data, nothing has been lost.

Now that my computer is up and running again, I should get someting running this weekend

asdfasdfasdf

thanks for answering my question i appriciate it.

though would stargate.com have anything to do with the movie or the television series?...just wondering

AndyUK62

Just checking....but is GameStory really really dead? I was
trying to get back into it and delete some stuff before I found this site. Thing is GS still replies to my requests for confirmation codes which do work, and passwords which dont, Can someone please bring me up to speed on this?

many thanks

Prezes

You're right.

I can't log into AbsoluteGameStory either :(

I'll investigate the code to identify the error and correct it.

ooops!

AndyUK62

Still cant log into GameStory yet I can access everything else, even the old AGN site, any idea when it might be up and running again, I really need to get in there?

many thanks

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 5838e9bd4020377815f791570320d36e)