AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Alien and Predator Crossovers

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Alien and Predator Crossovers
Total Posts: 37

HOTSHOT

Hey HOTSHOT here just thought the site could do with a crossover topic;

So if any of you have read the comics or novels im shure you have spotted a few crossovers around. This can sometimes work and sometimes not. For example Alien vs Predator worked fine, they could exsist in the same univerce and so it was realistic thats what made it work.

Then we have a crossover which is slightly more unbeleveable "ALIEN vs PREDATOR vs TERMINATOR" I mean its not too realistic but it may has a small chance.

Now we move to "ALIEN vs SUPERMAN" and "BATMAN vs PREDATOR". This is not a very realistic addition to our avp univerce but maybe some other fans like the idea.

So if anyone would like to continue the discusion of crossovers, maybe a crossover I havent seen before or and Idea of a crossover you have. Whatever it is Im shure the site would love to hear it.

-HOTSHOT-

the_demigod

ahhh, you've hit my sore spot!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand more than our very own AvP as a crossover.

Its a desperate ploy by the copyright owners to exploit additinal sources of revenue from desperate fans.

WHY?? Instead of publishing new material that pushes the storylines and the genre as a whole forward, develops its, modifies it, the creators make pathetic attempts at 'crossing' diamterically opposed entities [Batman and Predator for example] hoping that it will draw in the $$$$$

in essence: crap.

You can't beat the following crossovers:

AvP versus Simpsons

Predator vs South Park.

HOTSHOT

Hey HOTSHOT here, So demigod which is your worst crossover so far?

If anybody knows of any other crossovers please say and we will discus it.

To all avp fans out there Whats the best and worst crossover yet?

Any in your dreams crossovers maybe Alien vs Buffy or Alien vs Mary Poppins(the bitch is back)

Keep the topic hot and send me your ideas.

-HOTSHOT-

the_demigod

AvP crossovers or crossovers in general??

I honeslty don't "even go therew" when it comes to crossovers. I simply don't buy/touch comics and read CAREFULLY the front and back cover of a scifi book to KNOW 100% that it ain't "Dune vs Tommyknockers vs The Big Giant Head vs Space:Above and Beyond [the Sequel] plus Gremlins"!

BTW: why DON'T they write a book where 'versus' is exchanged for 'plus' ??

If one load of crap sells, why don't others??

HOTSHOT

Well it's good to get your view on it and if anyone else want's a say your welcome. I am actualy buying myself alien vs predator vs terminator, yeah it's farfetched but a chance to see this crossover well I can't resist. I'll let you know how it is. Oh and if anyone knows anything about any other crossovers please let me know. Im avoiding the batman n superman crossovers with avp but terminator might be a laugh,

-HOTSHOT-

[ This message was edited by: HOTSHOT on 2001-10-07 12:19 ]

dvVIII

I'm torn on this subject. I agree with Demigod that most crossovers usually turn out to be lame attempts to create fresh excitement in one universe by introducing elements from another. They're cheap, uninspired and hard to take seriously. On the other hand, I often like it when the writer/creator doesn't want said crossover to be taken seriously and spoofs the characters. For example, I haven't read it but imagine Superman vs Aliens to be incredibly boring. Yippee yippee, the man of steel kicks everything's asses, yet again... But a piss-take that ends up with a Pred pulling the skull and spine out of a not quite dead yet Superman would be great. Well, IMO anyways.

the_demigod

so in the case of "Superman vs aliens" we're back to the "how would a chestburster chestburst out of Supermans chest if its so strong??" typa debates??????

dvVIII

...but if a facehugger impregnates Superman than wouldn't the embryo use some of his DNA and become a super-chestburster? Maybe with a little red cape and "S" on it's chest. da-da-daaaa....

HOTSHOT

lol I have been away for a few hours cxome back and get 3 new replys to my forum. Well Alien vs Superman. Lol it has to be one of the wierdest crossovers i've herd of. But how is it then if anyone has the guts to buy it lol. There are other crossovers and I looked into one wich was Batman vs Predator, It seems a predator has taken a trip to earth to hunt as usual. Starts causing trouble in a "gothum city" and soon meets up with some guy I have never herd of b4......"BATMAN" lol (jk) They fight batman wins and the day is saved. But then they have done 2 more books. And its basicly predators have broken promice and hunt him again. Anyway if anyone has read em tell me about it. Oh and I will let you know all about Alien vs Predator vs Terminator.

-HOTSHOT-

the_demigod

why??

Swiss

Quote:

On 2001-10-07 12:12, the_demigod wrote:

AvP crossovers or crossovers in general??

I honeslty don't "even go therew" when it comes to crossovers. I simply don't buy/touch comics and read CAREFULLY the front and back cover of a scifi book to KNOW 100% that it ain't "Dune vs Tommyknockers vs The Big Giant Head vs Space:Above and Beyond [the Sequel] plus Gremlins"!

BTW: why DON'T they write a book where 'versus' is exchanged for 'plus' ??

If one load of crap sells, why don't others??

there was a SEQUEL to Space Above and Beyond?

holy shit... i thought they like.. killed everyone off.

man i loved that show..

the_demigod

no there wasn't S:A&B the sequel.

I also adored the show [got it al on video].

"Who monitors the birds" was sooo cool.

vansen is a goddess [I was pleasantly surprised to see her in Millennium]

BTW: do we need a separate thread to re-live Space?????????????

CorporalHicks

Britanny Spears Versus Madonna... Now there's a crossover fight I'd like to see. Hopefully, an alien and predator will put them out of their misery. LOL.

the_demigod

Simpsons vs Aliens

South Park takes on Predator Pack XV77

Cliff

How about the crossover Predator vs Judge Dred I saw it on the Dark horse website so I was wondring what is the storie?

AvPvT wasn't that good the Human/Alien/terminator highbreds sucked.

Nostromo

Dredd would win.

Lawmaster and Lawgiver would "give" the Preds some headaches

Cliff

Of cource dred would win you can't kill a main character like that.

the_demigod

Quote:

On 2002-01-27 06:21, Cliff wrote:

Of cource dred would win you can't kill a main character like that.

You can kill anyone [if you have the balls as a writer, producer or director]

TheBlackCat

I own all the Alien and Predator crossovers. Although farfetched, most are pretty good. The worst by far is Predator vs JLA. It was HORRIBLE. Predators with JLA powers? Just stupid. The only ones who die are the predators. It is a long comic, but it goes by really fast and it leaves you wondering how such a short comic could be stretched into such a large issue. When I bought it I thought that the predator on the cover wearing JLA uniforms was just for a cool cover. It is not, they really are dressed a lot like the JLA members, and have their powers.

Aliens vs Wildcats was a small step of from Predator vs JLA, it was just an excuse for whoever made the Wildcats comics to kill off one of their other series, ignore it.

Batman vs Predator 2 was okay, but batman vs predator 3 was really good, but no where near as good as the original (best predator comic IMO, although not the best AVP).

Superman vs Aliens was actually good, it focussed heavily on moral issues which made it interesting. Batman vs Aliens was also good, focusing on human greed and evil.

Predator vs Superman was also pretty good, although the way they got rid of superman's powers was pretty lame. However, instead of the main focus being superman's battle with the predator, the focus is on his battle with some mad scientist. The predator is central to the story, but does not appear that much. They also made the loss of superman's powers central to the story. So what seem to be gimmicks in the summary actually are worked into the story really well.

For Predator: hunting heros, some are okay and some aren't. One only has a predator in it for like 1 page.

Predator vs Judge Dredd was not bad. Not much more to say about this one. Predator is hunting judges. Almost kills Dredd. Dredd gets pissed off and goes and tries to kill the predator. Think about Predator: Concrete Jungle in the Dredd universe with a telapath who cannot fight. Story is different but the action is about the same

Aliens Vs. Predator Vs. Terminator was really good. Instead of somehow getting both aliens and predator into the terminator world like I expected them to, they got some terminators into the predator world. Ripley and Call are the two main characters (takes place after Alien: resurrection). It is really cool and pretty dark and violent. It has the classic alien dark atmosphere even though the aliens do not actaully appear until the end.

The two Aliens Vs Predators Vs Witchblade Vs Darkness actaully vary a lot. Mindhunter is pretty good, the other one is not that good. Also, the other one is incredibly violent but not very exciting. Mindhunter is pretty exciting.

Predator Vs. Magnus is really good. It looks short (only two issues), but they squeeze a lot in so it seems a lot longer than it is.

Aliens vs Green Lantern is good, with a big twist at the end. I liked it.

Superman Vs Aliens II: Godwar has just started. There has only been 1 issue, and there has not been any action yet. I think the next issue comes out this week, so I should be able to say more about it soon.

Predator vs Tarzan is pretty cool too. It takes place in a prehistoric center of the earth (think journey to the center of the earth), and Tarzan has to fight both Predators and another dangerous enemy (although the other enemy is dangerous in another way). It is well done.

I do not really consider Aliens vs Predator comics crossovers. They have become so fundamentally linked in the comics that I consider any Aliens vs Predator comic a run-of-the-mill thing, nothing unusual like a normal crossover.

Although the idea of these characters together is farfetched, and they sometimes use ploys to weaken superheros, these comics are in my opinion sometime some of the best Aliens or Predator comics around. Many of them, at least to me, are really good. Now besides Myst (of which there was 1 standalone and the first issue of a series), I ONLY read Aliens and Predator comics, and any crossovers involving them. So I cannot comment on OTHER crossovers. But Dark Horse seems to take Aliens and Predator very seriously, and the crossovers involving them tend to be much better than you would expect, no matter how stupid they might sound.

And if they wanted to, Dark Horse could have killed off Dredd. They killed off another one of their Heros using a Predator (it was in one of the Predator: Hunting Heros comics, although I won't tell you which one because it would be a spoiler). And another company (the one that makes WildCATS) killed off their entire stormwatch comic series using Aliens.

[ This message was edited by: TheBlackCat on 2002-07-22 11:11 ]

the_demigod

actually, DH wouldn't have so much freedom with killing Dredd, since he belongs to 2000AD [which in turn belongs to rebellion]

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 4778146c4a158a7161e979d6a554fa55)