AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Alien Evolution Theories

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Alien Evolution Theories
Total Posts: 23

NiteStalker

everyne seems to have a theory on the evolution of aliens, be it on their evolution to a queen or on their evolution from the genetic scum pools which all life originated from (ooh... i like that... i may have to use that in one of my stories...... )

just one rule. if you wanna disagree with someone elses idea, do it nicely. and dont diss someone unless your willing to put your own theory up yourself.

gentlemen, start your engines....
(gentle women too, ya sexist prick...)

Acid-Death

I only think that the alien will incoporate the idea of DNA from host. e.g. Dog=runner drone. But to me Aliens adapt when its needed i.e. certain conditions in their enviroment will force them to come up with more ideas. Or when an Alien has come up against something its never had to do before, because of their excelerated growth can quickly adapt.

NiteStalker

actually, to be fair, i should probably start off with one of my own.

i reckon, that a queen, or even a queen mother/empress/whatever you wanna call it, is an ancient drone (kinda). if a praetorian is kind of a 'improved' drone, and many people see a praetorian as being kind of a smaller queen, why cant they just be stages in evolution?

a species as hostile as that would want all the survival skills possible. only the strong can survive. so wouldnt it make sense to have the only ones worthy (or even able) to propagate the ones who have already survived for a large amount of time? as a drone gets older, it grows. we know that. so why have we never seen a drone as big as a queen? what if we have - maybe it is the queen! and then the queen gets even older, stronger, bigger, wiser. it moults into an empress, and extends its rule from a planet to a solar system. it is so strong, so intelligent, it's children would be so invincible, as it tells them how to survive to the point where an entire human base could be levelled in seconds with maybe no alien casualties, and a minimum human body count (until they wake up pasted to a wall with junior chewing his/her way out ).

we can only fear that it ever happens.

or if your like me, pray for the day our majestic queen mother sends us on our fight for rightful universal domination and revenge for our species

NiteStalker

due, you posted that just as i press 'submit'!!!!*******

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2003-03-17 03:27 ]

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

I think the genetics of xenos is something to be much respected. they have very complex genetics. the evolution of a drone into a queen may seen as some sort of immpossiblity. i tell you with the bio mechanics that xenos have it is very possible, for a hive in need to select the right drone and she will evolve. i know to some one who thinks that i am a meat head will think "wat the F*c does he know?" well i have read many different storis on the evolutions of the xenoc species and i found that most actually revolved around the bio mechanical evolution theory. now no one knows fpr certain. so i am going with a feeling on this one. WISH ME LUCK!!

}{elios

In my eyes aliens are perfect, the only dissadvantage is lack of tools, meaning no armour,no ships,no longrange weapons,just skill,Heck ill take a bug over a pred or man anyday.[IMG]null[/IMG]

Shadow Drone

Yea the alien is a practically perfect creature. But they are lacking technology. I dont see this as a problem if the alien is smart it bides its time waits till dark sneaks in and tears the prey apart. The pred is the only other thing that I will play as the people are so insignificant. The alien is deffinately the creature for me.

Acid-Death

The alien to me is nothing more than a plague designed to wipe out. Even Ridley scott saw it as a plague. It is to perfect to be naturally made. Think about from my perspective.
If the aliens were just part of an ecosystem then they wouldnt be so strong. And they would be born through eggs (without facehuggers) Because their lifecycle forces them to use other animals, and so to breed and to eat they would wipe out entire planets. And their rate of growth to. Also once they killed everything they cannot breed. Forcing them into dormancy. Just like a weapon
--case closed--

Crazy Alien Lord

i play as all of the species. i will sometimes go into a server with a bunch of preds and becomee the only human. well ap rounds for shotgun handle that. the minigun is good if they decide to kill only you. personally i love the double pistol. iwth that you do not want to mess with me. i am your worst night mare. to bad that it isnt also on aliens vs predato 2 instead of just on primal hunt. i love all the species. but i despize the corprates. i will once in a while be one of them but not usually. with pred. well i have one thing to say. you disc me to many times. well if you all rememeber your history class. on ww2 on how germany bombed the british for a long time. well lets just say you wont see much besides disc. aliens are good.

Shadow Drone

Ok well then into alien evolution. I beleive that if they dont evolve out of needing host they will end up sucking the galaxy dry of almost all its life. The demand is too much.

TheBlackCat

The thing is aliens need a space-faring race to transport them from planet to planet. A massive outbreak of aliens would definitely destroy a lot of life on many planets, but it would also destroy the spacefaring race they need to move about. Its like they are an incredibly virulent virus that infects planets, the ebola of planets. Like ebola, they cannot spread on their own, they need some sort of vector to spread them from host planet to host planet. The problem is, like ebola, they kill off the vector much to quickly, so the alien outbreak is intense, but relativelty short lived. They kill of their vector, they kill off complex life in the host worlds, then they wait for a new vector, a new spacefaring race, to turn up and the cycle repeats. But the races are killed off too quickly to spread to every world in the galaxy. Either that or the race finds a way to keep aliens relatively contained, and then they cannot spread as quickly forever. Also, aliens do not live forever (although their eggs might under certain conditions), so after they wipe out all complex life on a planet, they will die, and it gives simple life a chance to evolve back into complex life.

Preds, at least in the comics, are the wild cards. They have found a way to co-exist with aliens, but are not containing, them. Preds are actually knowingly, although probably not purposefuly, contributing to the spread of aliens. But preds still probably would not cause the complete destruction of the galaxy, it is in their best interest for aliens to remain at least somewhat contained.

I personally see no real reason for aliens not to have evolved naturally. I personally like that idea a lot more than that they are bio-weapons, but the comics and books and movies have no sure indication either way (although there is talk of this in AvP War 0, it is just pred folklore so it is not completely reliable). The thing is, if they were bioweapons, there are notable improvements that could have been made to make them better. They are incredibly deadly, but they could have been a lot more deadly with a few changes.

At least according to the comics, aliens have been around so long their origins are probably undeciferable. Whatever world (or race) they came from almost surely doesn't even exist anymore, and if it (the planet) did it is so different it would probably be completely unidentifiable as an alien homeworld.

Shadow Drone

The ebola virus can also be transmitted through the air and in the water. it doesnt need to be passed from host to host.

TheBlackCat

Well, not the air, and that was just an example.

Preliator

Hmm as they seem to be now I find aliens HIGHLY inferior. humans too are not real high on that list, they are slow, they're stupid (most of them), poor nightvison, hearing smell, shall i go on? Aliens go up to human level with their hightened senses strength and speed. Yautja top both of them. No hear me out cuz I know your going to say "but pred technology is so poor. . ." No thats not the case, do any of you hunt with a Tank, ok how bout a RPG, perhaps a M-16? no? well good ol preddys dont either, in their technological equivilent, so instead of using RPG equivilents to hunt, they use their crossbow equivilent, I am pretty shure their technology FAR surpasses human, and their stremgth and speed are equal if not more so than a mach for aliens, So my deducton is Predators are THE top species out of the three.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Mar'kel-ja thinks that preds would open up a six pack a whippass on anything that challenges them!!
WHY?
COZ MAR 3:16 SAID SO!!!

TheBlackCat

Yeah, I agree with that. In the comics they have some pretty heavy weapons. In the comics, their bazooka equivalent can take out large spacecraft that is just entering a planet's atmosphere, with one shot, and their ship-board cannons can level entire buildings with one shot. Preds definitely have the best technology.

Actually, a guy in one of the comics had that exact reaction, he was a bit skeptical about a pred's technological superiority because the one he saw only seemed to be using a huge sword.

NiteStalker

somebody get some help to Marcuspred! he's been watching to much WWE!!!

ok, sorry, theres no such thing.

hes been watching the Rock too much!!!

preds are technologically advanced. but put 2 aliens inside a single small pred ship, and who would come out on top? each species is best in its own element. once the bugs gets close enough, the other races have no chance. for overaskill in everything, preds are the best rounded out. for out-and-out firepower (normal equipment, not going into the realms of bigger weapons), the oomies have the other 2 beat, easy.

if you really wanna debate which race is better, there are already about 10 billion forums on it

Acid-Death

Quote:
The thing is, if they were bioweapons, there are notable improvements that could have been made to make them better. They are incredibly deadly, but they could have been a lot more deadly with a few changes.

If you make a virus in real life you dont want it to be so powerful that it affects even you. Thats the entire point behind anthrax, its as effective as smallpox on a single person, but doesnt spread so easily.

Quote:
once the bugs gets close enough, the other races have no chance.

Just hope they stay far away!

Cliff

Quote:
I beleive that if they dont evolve out of needing host they will end up sucking the galaxy dry of almost all its life.

And how would they suck the galaxy dry they don't have spaceships thus they can't travel from planet to planet and I'm sure if they were build or evolved nowhere did the idea 'what if someone a space-faring species comes along' really come up.

Now on to my theory. Aliens evolved naturally (I personally like that theory more but have little proof). Now as someone around here has mentioned before AR showed that aliens could be all that biomechanical since an alien queen was cloned form DNA.
My theory is that on the alien homeworld the wild life would also be able to reproduce quite fast or would have to evolve an ability to survive an aliens birth. Or there could only be a few species on the alien homeworld that could be hugged which would mean that a quick reproductive system is almost a must to survive. Another theory I have is that drones don

NiteStalker

some people reckon that the clonability of the queen proves it is biomechanical. sheep are natural occurances on earth (or so we think.... *cue 'twilight zone' music*), and they have been cloned. and the movie is set in the future, and technology is advanced.

if there can only be one queen, made slowly and gradually, that means a hive is destroyed once the queen dies. it doesnt make sense for a for a race so dedicated to survival on the instinctive and evolutionary level for that to be the case, and if they were created, it presents a major weakness that the target could exploit.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || c32b4417ad7144d2352de1957b1c1d89)