AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

I'm NOT a PC

Forum: Computers & Technology
Everything for your hardware gaming needs.
Topic: I'm NOT a PC
Total Posts: 10

Prezes

With billboards and TV currently flooded with ridiculous statements that Microsh!t has produced something worth talking about.

Who else hates their bug filled/unstable/un-reliable attempts at an O/S

Crazy Alien Lord

hooray for the crapshoot that is microsoft. unfortunately I do not mesh well with macs, otherwise I would probably switch. but even with all of mic's problems... i just get along with it better.

-Crazy Alien

TheBlackCat

I personally use Linux.  I really like it, I can do so much more with it than windows, and it is completely free.

Prezes

but with no DirectX for Linux are we not slaves to Windows for our gaming needs?

TheBlackCat

I don't do much gaming, but my understanding is that many popular PC games work fine under Linux using whine, which allows windows programs to install and run on linux.  It is not an virtual machine, it translates windows API calls (including directx) into linux API calls, so programs run as fast or perhaps even faster on linux than they did on windows.

Preliator

My dad has been using linux for many years, he seems to love it.

So what is everyone's opinion of the new Windows 7?

Prezes

Haven't touched.

Back in the day I bought Vista x64 when SP1 came out. I'm still trying to find a place where I can buy XP SP3 !

I just find M!crosh!t fill their OS with soooo many useless things (wizards, functions) that the money I spend on a new hardware is pointless as it's sucked dry by windows.

And don't get me started on the instability issues.....

... one can only dream of a Windows that is fast and stable :S

Prezes

Windows 8 is just round the corner....

...um

another failure, or do we finally get Win98SE back?

TheBlackCat

We'll so, but pretty much everyone seems to think it is a failure.

Tablets and desktops are very different sorts of systems used for very different things, so I really don't think forcing a tablet UI on a desktop is a good idea, and even if it was forcing people to use two separate UIs on the same system at the same time is even worse.

Prezes

I agree!

Microsoft is chasing Apple, it's success with iPhone & iPad & iPod ranges. You can see this has lead to increase in sales of Apples' laptop/desktop range.

Apple would not be stupid to mix these very different product ranges with a common Os. You have the iOS (now version 6) for handheld devices, and the Mac X (now Lion) for the laptops/desktops.

Why is Microsoft trying this strategy????

The have a failed OS after failed OS these days.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || d5e7a51370aa020a86cc0d7d5b7b846c)