AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Giger & his Sil

Forum: Various Stories
Discuss the multitude of stories appearing at GS.
Topic: Giger & his Sil
Total Posts: 15

the_demigod

Seeing that I use Giger's pics as my lapper's desktops I occasionally think of his "creations".

How come no1 writes about Sil??
Is she too difficult to portray?? Would it be like writing from the POV of a virus???

DaggleC

She's uninteresting, femme fatale is uninteresting and the films are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far fetched. The only good thing about it is the designs Giger had made for it

the_demigod

You mean her perfection is uninteresting??

Sil IS the next step after the alien...

DaggleC

I just think the whole thing was uninteresting, alien hybrid kills folk.. it's nothing new

the_demigod

But the whole "sexual" angle [as nicely illustrated by the lady that played Sil] was something that went deep into societal psyche and our fears...

DaggleC

...Not mine it didn't.. lol.

NiteStalker

sil is the alien from Species, isnt she? ill just assume yes (im about 50% sure)

it was kool, cos it was the viciousness and cold-heartedness of the aliens, but still very humanlike in everything else. that touch of humanity is the creepiest bit of all.
who has read the book? its really good, because you get into her head at times, and you see what she is thinking and its almost like a feral human instincts mixed with superhuman intelligence. and her main thoughts are for her children. very 'Alien Queen' type stuff. very cool.

Cliff

Well I don't think it would be like writing from the perspective of a virus but I'm as far as I can tell I wouldn't be too good at it since it would appear to be a female POV, of course with a diffrence a big diffrence but still...

the_demigod

Natasha Henstridge played Sil quite well.

In my opinion focusing SOLELY on the [her] children is a wekaness, since you loose perspective...

NiteStalker

can someone lease verify my guess of who sil is? it would help me sleep a lot better.

she didnt focus on her children (assuming my guess was right). she focused on surviving, mainly, and having children second. the children were nothing to her. she abandons them after birth, immediately after birth. they hide on their own until old enough and powerful enough to go out on their own and continue the process.

the_demigod

Sil is the character from Species.

Her desire to mate is her overrriding aim.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Quote:
But the whole "sexual" angle [as nicely illustrated by the lady that played Sil] was something that went deep into societal psyche and our fears...

not fears for me boss man!! more life fantasies!!!
thank god my GF doesn;t have access to this site!! she would rip my head off!!

Ivan_Houzzen

hey dude why would ur GF rip ur head off......theres nothing BAD here is there

NiteStalker

ITS ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME SOMEONE TOLD ME!!!!!! thanx demi.

Quote:
Her desire to mate is her overrriding aim.

exactly. her desire to MATE. after it mates, good on it. it dumps the baby somewhere, and leaves it. little bub could probably defend itself in a matter of days, weeks at the most. in the book (dunno about the movie), the baby was able to defend itself a little when it was a few minutes old.

so nanananana.

the_demigod

the baby killed and munched on a rat pretty well in the movie

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || f9d4287db83b35009f7a87d9b0128dde)