AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Happy end? Not likely...

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Happy end? Not likely...
Total Posts: 27

Acid-Death

The other day I was having a conversation with my friend about the endings on the Alien films, and after some lengthy discussion (and arguing) we finally decided that there was no happy endings.....
By looking at the pros and cons of each film we finally decided upon this...

Alien:
Pros:
1) 1 survivor
2) and cat
3) Shuttle found intact

Cons:
1) 6 crew members dead
2) Nostromo destroyed
3) Expensive loss of ore
4) loss of android
5) Loss of Alien specimen (Bad from the companies POV)

Aliens:
Pros:
1) 3 human survivors, 1 android
2) Sulaco intact
3) Dropship 2 intact

Cons:
1) Death of around 150 colonists
2) Entire Marine squad lost
3) Loss of colony
4) Loss of Dropship 1
5) Huge fallout across surface of LV426
6) Death of company representative
7) Loss of Alien sample

Alien3:
Pros:
1) Blast furnace sold as scrap

Cons:
1) Loss of Main character
2) Death of around 30 ex convicts
3) Death of 3 authority figures
4) Death of corpral Dwayne Hicks, Rebecca Jordan and loss of Synthetic "Bishop"
5) Dead dog
6) A REALLY bad film

Alien Ressurection:
Pros:
1) Death of human engineered Alien
2) 4 survivors
3) Civilian ship The Betty intact

Cons:
1) Loss of military ship Auriga
2) Death of most science and military personel onboard
3) Several civilian casualties
4) Mass destruction across surface of Earth

This is not just a standpoint looking at the cost of lives but at the finacial costs aswell, so as you can see even if the main character does get away the ripple effect caused is huge.
Tell us what you think....

Corpral Hicks

interesting!

Acid-Death

No need to be sarcastic, just putting my points forward...

R'iithsss the D...

Putting my point i'd say yu made sum slight mistakes. First off although Ripley died in Alien3 she was resurrected in Alien:Ressurection wich also explains the title. And in Alien3 those men werent EX-convicts...they still were convicts so the death of a lot of criminals is a pro and not a con.

And in Alien the los of the android wasnt a big problem either since he had mailfunctioned and was on a killing spree were humans would be the target mostly.

Also in Aliens the death of the companies representative wasnt a big deal either since his first attempt was to use the marines to carry the aliens home were they could be studied so the marines would be dead anyway (face it the aliens did them a favor by killing the loser) and his second attempt was when this failed he tried to lock the others up and let them there to get killed/harvested by the aliens if it wasnt for the fact that HE was the one that got killed.

Those are my opinions...the rest ill do later but i havent got time to put it all here now.

Acid-Death

All good points pal, but remember this is looked at from different perspectives (Not just one)
From the companies view someone would have got in the kneck fro letting Ripley die (Con) Also someone have to explain the deaths of the convicts.

Also looking at it from the companies standpoint Ash was the companies spy so when he got destroyed they lost all info.

And once again someone would have to explain burkes death, and he may have had family aswell.

What I am saying is that when all this sh*t happened there was a bigger ripple than everyone thought. E.g when all those marines died no one would have thought much at first but consider their families. One of the points i try to get across in teaching the alien.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Agreed. If you wanna think like this, you gotta really THINK about it, as Acid said. There are much more points to take into mind than just a character dying. You have done a nice job Acid, good work.

SM

Technically they're ALL had happy endings, because at the end of each film the immediate threat was defeated and at least one protagonist survived, whether that be Ripley, Hicks, Newt, Bishop, Morse, Call, Vriess or Johner.

So while not really 'happy' endings, the term 'bittersweet' is probably more apt.

Acid-Death

Very profound point SM

But theres always a sequel and those bluddy aliens keep on coming!! So watch out all movie goers....

R'iithsss the D...

Wel yeh acid, i gues i wasnt thinking about that multiple POV thing, srry bout that.

But indeed now you have to be more perspective, actually make copies of urself and let them all think different. Making more then one point of view.

And the term *bittersweet* is a very nice one, i wouldnt have come up with it anyway!!

But i still stand my point about the android being whiped out. This is a gud thing since:
- He had no family (or yu have to consider taking every other android as his family)
- He was evil and liked to kill people.
- The company doesnt bother much about defect androids so his demise wasnt a bad thing for them either.
But what i wonder why didnt they just shut the *ssh*le down took it back with them and repaired him so he could be used again in a SAVE way. But i gues with the Alien interfering that would have been kinda hard.

BUT.....if the Alien wouldnt have been in the movie would they have reacted thesame as they did now or would they have made another disicion?

Corpral Hicks

Same as i said to you on MSN bout this topic and i wasnt being sarcastic!

Acid-Death

Ok Hicks sorry for jumping to a conclusion.

Quote:
He had no family

You never know man, you never know....

R'iithsss the D...

Euhmmm acid...its an android....an artificially created intelligent lifeform *note:CREATED* its was MADE so it cant have family (or something very strange happened that no human can understand)

Malkalypse

Quote:
All good points pal, but remember this is looked at from different perspectives (Not just one)

Don't forget to look at it from the Aliens' point of view! From their point of view the movies were all pretty unhappy you know

Acid-Death

Quote:
Don't forget to look at it from the Aliens' point of view! From their point of view the movies were all pretty unhappy you know

well atleast they all died quickly.....hang on? Sucked into space.....sucked into space again.....covered in molten lead then blown open......sucked through a hole the size of a fist....

OK I stand corrected.

yeth

Some were blown away

J..here....

hmm.... happy ending... world saves? isnt that good thing?

Crazy Alien Lord

traitor...
doesnt mention in the cons the death of countless xenos...
you know we are living creatures too.

J..here....

yes xenos.. those little man-eating-kill-machines-who-just-try-to-survive.. and so long....................

Crazy Alien Lord

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

THIS SITE HAS GONE TO MUCH TO THE NOOBS FOR EVEN ME TO HANDLE!!!

J..here....

well we "n00bs" are much more intelligents than those who calls us with names.........

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 079b682681f7b1680c5b692b9b67acd7)