AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

DATABASE

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: DATABASE
Total Posts: 31

HOTSHOT

Hey HOTSHOT here, just thought that a database on all three species would be great.

It could include specs on marine weaponry, Predator technology and alien breeds and variations.

It could be updated by sending a certain member of staff infomation and they can then decide what goes in and what doesnt.

If you think the idea could work try looking at the alien interactive page which has a database of all encounters in the movies.

It could include both movie and comics infomation and should be quite a good idea.

Anyway let me know what you all think and maybe the webmaster can do something about it.

-HOTSHOT-

Prezes

We ARE working on the begginings to such a Database.

It IS [admittedly] a logical step in building an all-encompassing site.

Community cooperation is most desirable.

If you or anyone wants to contribute [or work on] to a specific section of a specific species- you're more than WELCOME!!

HOTSHOT

Yeah thats a great Idea a database built by the fans for the fans

If you ahve any sugestions to how it can be organised please let me and any other fans know.

Personaly Id love to work on all three species lol but let us know what needs to be done and I and any ohter of you fans out there will help,

-HOTSHOT-

Prezes

things HAVE been set in motion. within days our scheming will become apparent...[evil laughter here]

HOTSHOT

Hey good on you Im shure all the avp fans out there will join me in saying thanks for the effort in not just this topic but the whole site.

-HOTSHOT-

the_demigod

thx.

every day we work from 6 pm to 4 am, coding the blody thing.

its [finally] coming together nicely.

the bugs are getting ironed out...

HOTSHOT

So the database is a definate idea (yey) but whats the layout gunna be are we gunna get 3 differnt sections (Aliens,Preds n Marines) or is it going to be a big collection of stuff? Hopefully the database will contian a vast number of things and maybe even programs and stuff that the members could contribute to. I could shure go for some new stuff for my computer ,

-HOTSHOT-

Prezes

I think the database will be devided into a few catagories which could then filtered to your hearts content

HOTSHOT

Yey I am realy loking forward to this and several other things on the site. To be in the presence of the site during its making and creating is amazing thanks for being so kind to all us fans out there. Oh and will it be possible to send in stuff to add to the database such as infomation, pics and programs,

-HOTSHOT-

Nostromo

I'm not gonna be able to assist too often on the Pred database [with my OKP site being created with Demi's and Prezes's help] but, yeah, when its completed it will rock!!!!

I know that Herne has begun work on the first pages... and I wish him all the best! Maybe in a month or so BOTH our projects will be the first completed sites hosted by AvP2.net!!

[ This message was edited by: Nostromo on 2001-10-10 20:52 ]

HOTSHOT

Ok guys I have been looking forward to this datbase, And I know how much work has been put in to the site. So let me know when abouts the database will be up and running. And Dont forget to let me know how we put stuff on to contribute,

-HOTSHOT-

Prezes

When its finished, there will be some sort of submission system (like the authors have). But at the moment it is just emailing us (me, demi, etc.)

[ This message was edited by: Prezes on 2001-10-11 18:40 ]

HOTSHOT

Ok after I get some time to search for some stuff I'll send it, but is there some rule bout using other site stuff? I mean if there is say I dont want to get the site into trouble. Thanks,

-HOTSHOT-

the_demigod

there is enough information availbale in books, films, etc for you to gather EVERYTHING you need.

We're not a 'other site' reference point.

If you place stuff here I want you to be able to say "yeah 95% of this is my own digging and reading..."

Cliff

Good idea I see the pred database is up and running. You could always ask Xenomrph to help with the aliens and marine info if he is willing to help you.

the_demigod

herne did a good job

HOTSHOT

Hey good job on the database just loike a true pred would appreciate,

-HOTSHOT-

the_demigod

hey man!! good to see you back.

Yep- Herne did a good job on the first section. he's dropped out for a while [personal issues] but once he's back it'll resume.

wanna participate??

Cliff

So when can we expect the expansion of the Database?

Cliff

Hopefully it will be soon

[ This message was edited by: Cliff on 2001-12-28 19:45 ]

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 04dc6c7c18ea60e13ef2721c2dfc5b1b)