AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Fomorian's official AvP advance thread

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Fomorian's official AvP advance thread
Total Posts: 34

Fomorian

Let me begin by saying how honored I am that my article is being featured on this site. Again thank you very much Demigod.

So folks this is the place to post all your questions, commentaries, reviews and ideas about the AvP for game boy advance articles.

I'll be here to answer them all.

the_demigod

its GOOD stuff- we'll whack more as time goes by [tease...]

BTW: I must admit that I NEVER expected a GameBoy thingy to be able to deliver stuff like you mention- I always seen such "toys" to be as competent as a Casio watch- a few figures and an 12by12 pixel image...

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2002-05-11 16:02 ]

Fomorian

Yeah! surprising thing this little gizmo.

Truly it gives a new life to side-scrollers, which is why I think AvP on GBA would benefit from being 2D.

(BTW Demigod... how come you get to have all those cool pics? )

the_demigod

So, I'm guessing graphics AIN'T gonna be the prime motivator??

pics?? I OWN this site......

Fomorian

Hey! just because it's 2d doesn't mean it looks bad... just that you won't get all those neat polygons and such :p . Of course, gameplay is much more the focus here...

Until I can draw those things that is...

the_demigod

what IS 2d in game design these days??

is it like space invaders or pacman or what????

Fomorian

LOL! I was thinking more in the line of super nes games, or maybe even playstation games like Castlevania

You know... with multiple layered backgrounds and lots of frames of animation per character. And cool lighting effects would be nice too (much easier to do in 2D than in 3D).

SirYawnalot

Argh! Nintendo! yuck yuck yuck *is sick*.. although the GBA is pretty good. I'll always be a Sega Genesis (Megadrive) man though.

On a more pleasant subject, side-scrollers, just take a moment and imagine AvP spliced with Streets of Rage. That is possibly the most erotic thing that has ever passed through my head.

Fomorian

LOL! you have a pretty weird definition of erotic... although I'll admit streets of rage was cool... twould make more of a "beat em up" avp though. We already have the AvP arcade game by capcom for that.

SirYawnalot

Ah crap.. true oh well. A beat-em-up AvP would be fine with me Streets of Rage needs rehashing anyway.

Fomorian

Aww come on! some of you must have Ideas, questions, suggestions, SOMETHING!

How do you feel about an experience system in an AvP game? do you think it will take out some of the action?

What would you like to see for each species? (Their articles are already done but they can be changed)

Do you still think an FPS would be better on gameboy advance? or maybe a beat-em-up?

please SAY SOMETHING!

SirYawnalot

FPS AvP games are prolly best left to the bigger screens of PCs.. a modern AvP beat-em-up on the GBA would be orgasmic though

Snoopafella

don't get to excited yawnalot, I wouldn't want you to soil your pants

Fomorian

So what's everybody's pick? If there was a GBA AvP, would you be interested in it (assuming you have a GBA)? Isn't there anything you wish was in there?

Fomorian

Hey Demigod my friend, when are you gonna post the rest of the article?

Fomorian

Well the new article is up (again Thanks Demigod!)

It's about how I think the marine should be in the game. What do you guys think?

the_demigod

once again, I'm shocked by the DEPTH and complexity of the game [potentially] offered by a pocket calculator.

nice one.

dvVIII

Is anyone else bothered by the fact they're making an 'Aliens' game for what is basically a kids toy with very limited power while at the same time cancelling development on Aliens:Colonial Marines for the Playstation2?

The 'Aliens' films, books, comics, and games all have a mature rating yet here we have a game being made for the 'Pokemon' system???

Fomorian

@ dvVIII: Hmmmmmmm... I am as shocked as the next man that Colonial marines is cancelled. However, If we CAN have an AvP game on the GBA then.... why shouldn't we?

dvVIII

Fomorian, my concern over AvP for the GBA is aren't the majority of Gameboy owners minors, as in not old enough to buy or rent games with a 'Mature' rating? I just don't see it as a good thing to market a game with mature content to an audience mostly made up of kids. What could likely happen is they'll censor the AvP universe until they can stick a 'PG' rating on it turning one of the greatest sci-fi universes we have into shit.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 6dd4238598553c8821854e1d3fef4785)