AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

RESURRECTION of ALIENS AND PREDATORS

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: RESURRECTION of ALIENS AND PREDATORS
Total Posts: 11

Crazy Alien Lord

For a good 6 years it seemed like Aliens and Predators were finally on their death bed. The only real thing keeping the series going was cheesy re-releases of the series in expensive packs and a few new computer games.

Then whispers came about Fox doing the AVP movie. Still, most people thought that it was just a new medication being administered to leach out a few more years of life from the series. Then Fox starts talking about doing another AvP, Mclaren toys starts producing AvP toys even after the movie hype is falling faster then the Alien queen fell to the bottom of the ocean. This could all be seen very easily as just a way to extend the life a bit longer.

But two things have happened that I believe not only extends the life of the series but wakes the xenos out of their stasis and has the yautja sharpening their wrist blades.

1. The first new Aliens book in over ten years has just come out: ALIENS: Original Sin. And another new book is now available for pre-order from dark horse. ALIENS: DNA WARS.

2. The rumors for AvP2 movie havent died, there still whispers right now, but the whispers arent drifting away like they normally do.

Perhaps we could even get ourselfs a new video game on the next gen consoles.

Alien Lord

Prezes

It is genre that desperately needs a revival.

With all due respect to all those who have worked hard on any number of the AvP projects (the latest games, etc) how ever good the products are, they simply do not build the hype any more.

The latest movie was well made, but it was a pure action flick. It was a welcome change from the previous movies. They were action thrillers and horrors, with the un-mentionable 4th blunder being some sort of weird blend of past movies, evolution of ideas that was badly put together (ie the ending).

Coming back on subject, with the recent release being drowned by the endless supply of Hollywood’s recent obsession with comic book adaptations and epic blockbuster, our newest member in the movie club just vanishing into the past.

The latest game child was a pure consol release; us, PC gamers, have been completely left out. And with the prices of games still at a rather high level (these are sent by retailers not publishers/developers!), people are very choose on what they buy. Only the very hardcore fans buy the products no matter what. This simply discourages great investment into a genre that recently has proven to be rather quiet.

Again, I want to point out that the products all good in each of their own rights, but this genre does lack the hype it once had.

hardkoreUSMC

Well they could add some spice to the series by drastically changing the scenarios instead of using the recycled Three species on one small sector, humans surviving with one or two people, nearly all aliens getting iced, and a few predators dying. Instead they could make an epic war movie out of it like what was dreamed of in the posts of the threads.

Prezes

Quote:

Instead they could make an epic war movie out of it like what was dreamed of in the posts of the threads.

That could be a possibility.

With the latest generation CGI technology, Hollywood is going through a phase of epic movies and huge virtual battle scenes.

It would also add the spin on the current overplayed genre that it would bring it into the C21.

We need some big, massive, epic scenes that are described in the books and are in fashion in Hollywood at the moment

hardkoreUSMC

They could instead use the typical mass xeno horde against waves upon waves of marines and tanks fighting to take a ridge, or better yet, show a coastline become an acid wastleland from massive millions of xenos being shot while storming a coastline...kinda like in War of the Worlds and Warhammer 40K.

Prezes

that woud be nice, loads and loads on xenos doing their thing

but is that all we want out of the next movie?

Put your suggestions on record now.
What would you want in the next movie?

hardkoreUSMC

I Want To See:
1. MORE MARINES (KICKING ASS TOO)
2. More Yautja Lifestyle
3. More Xenos getting decimated by large guns!
4. MORE MARINES! (And they better be kicking ass!)

SpreadEagleBeagle

I want to see humans getting decimated in large numbers by a few (20 or so) sneaky old school aliens (like the one in Alien and Alien 3. Because swarming aliens suck!). Give me a handful of predators as well. Show me aliens tearing a tank apart. I want to see a predator shooting down one or two heavy military choppers. I want to see marines shitting their pants when aliens and predators totally own their ass. HUmans should be the cannonfodder species.

Viray

Swarming aliens are like the trademark of the species now. But still, it would be cool to seem them as lethal like in Alien. I would not want to see humans just getting slaughtered because the humans are usually the protagonist and the story would not progress without them. Unless of course it is from the predator's view or something. That would be interesting.

SpreadEagleBeagle

But they/us/humans can still be the protgonists even though being the cannonfodder species. You know like the humans in War of the Worlds (well, untill Tom Cruise starts to toss handgrenades all around). We still have a bunch of people that we follow through the story. But their main task is to run and hide instead of spitting oneliners and machinegun fire. The providers of action should be aliens and predators.

And I'm kinda pissed off at those Aliens comics and AvP comics that have rendered the aliens/xenomorphs into brainless and stupid insects. Talk about devaluate the species. Cameron somewhat planted the seed in his addition to the Alien saga. But still the aliens in Aliens snuffed 20 or so heavy armed marines, trashed 1 Dropship, imobilised 1 android and captured and impreganted or killed around lightly armed 150 civilians. The numbers of alien deaths (without counting in the nuclear blast in the end) lay around 40-50 adults and like 20 eggs, 2 facehuggers, 1 chestburster and probally 1 queen (she may still float around out there, hibernating or something).

The trademark of the aliens is not being the swarming mass of giant ants that the games and comics show us. If you look at the aliens in Alien and Alien 3, yeah even in A:R, you will see an entierly different creature. A malignant and careful being with some kind of strange extra terestial and primordial intelligence. Deadly and stealthy. A creepy eyeless nightmare on legs that is instictly fascinated by the terror and fear they inflict in living things, ready to violate and abuse you: rape your skull or worse.

Viray

True, true. The xenos in Aliens are the kind I want. Big numbers but smart enough to cut the power and find their way through traps. Yeah, it the aliens and predators should duke it out but if it was just them with the humans gawking stupidly I think it would kinda get stale. I agree that the humans shouldn't be blasting through an army of aliens and predators but I still want them in the action somewhere, pulse rifles blazing.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 1aef4697176ca15104d884a7d9f640bd)