AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Too long?

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Too long?
Total Posts: 13

CorporalHicks

Hey everyone! I wanted to know if there's a page limit in our stories? I'm working on an Aliens vs Predator (featuring Hicks in it!) that runs 300+ pages. If I could describe it in one sentence: "Dawn of the Dead" meets "Aliens/Predator" meets "Heavy Metal." LOL. Anyway, could I post it up? Or is it too long? Thanks!

the_demigod

no. but there IS a chapter limit. 98 of them to be precise.

if you wanna post stories [in the literature section] get in touch with dvVIII [our Literature Director] and he'll set you up.

I assume that in your case 1 page does NOT equal 1 chapter???????????????

CorporalHicks

LOL, TWENTY pages... now THAT'S a chapter!

Prezes

A chapter that would impress us would be about 10,000 words in length

CorporalHicks

Actually, one page in my Alien story IS 10,000 words alone, lol. So does this mean you want less? Or more? Cuz I've got over 300+ pages, non-doubled space and only at 11point font. LOL. My fingers are tired... Must get rest... Must... (fingers fall off from typing)

Prezes

unless you're writing on the back end of a billborad poster, then a standard A4 paper holds no more than 500 words.

Tell you what- send demigod a single chapter- he can have a look and we'll set you up in a day so that you can upload.

If you really need more than 98 chpaters, we can think of something later...

CorporalHicks

LOL, thanks for the heads up!

the_demigod

and???

CorporalHicks

Hey, I was wondering, once I'm set up with an author's account, can I atomatically load my story up? Thanks!

Hicks

yup

the_demigod

and???????? I'm still waiting...... [unless dvVII stepped in???]

CorporalHicks

Do you want me to just submit the entire story to ya, Demigod? BTW, thanks ABUNCHA for taking care of the ill-fated chapter. For some reason, it didn't want to delete! Thanks!

[ This message was edited by: CorporalHicks on 2001-11-24 17:23 ]

the_demigod

so, CH: d'ya wanna talk about how and where to chop the piece for uploading??????

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 4ed02c0e2d3fb0df1dd4eb284b689573)