AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Don't bother...

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Don't bother...
Total Posts: 9

CorporalHicks

Welll, seeing how my uploading always sucks, if anyone's trying to read my story "A Tale to Tell", don't bother since it didn't load up properly. It's got these five wierd alien characters on it, instead. I don't know how to get rid of them and have no idea what textfile means. I just wanted to say this, in case any of you are scratchy your heads wondering if I decided to put my chapter in alien language. LOL.

the_demigod

its called a learning curve mate...

will check the database for ya.

Prezes

I've checked the databse, everythinf is fine, you didn't upload a textfile.

We don't accept files with any other ending (the characters after the " . ") than txt.

Make sure you are not uploading a document file (ie word file; "something .doc).

Just delete the chapter and upload it again...

CorporalHicks

That's one of the problems I'm having. I'm TRYING to delete the chapter with the "alien language" (LOL) but keep getting a "could not find chapter" message. And when I try to rewrite over it, it says that Chapter 1 already exists.

Good news, though, is that I finally understood what "textfile" meant and have converted my file into that. In fact, I just successfully uploaded the first part! I was able to put it under "Prologue" instead of "Chapter 1" and it worked. But I'm still trying to get rid of that failed upload attempt. Anyone got any ideas what could I do?

[ This message was edited by: CorporalHicks on 2001-11-22 21:35 ]

Swiss

similar problems, i cannot delete chapters the last time i tried, and im pretty sure that cpl. Hicks has just confirmed the bug is still there. Its slightly irritating, especially if you've made a major grammatical error and cant change it because the original page wont delete.

dvVIII

It's a drag to be sure. I thought your Prologue was excellent CorporalHicks and was bummed to see the next one wasn't there. I'll try and delete the wonky chapter so you can upload it again in text format. If I can't I'll get Prezes or demigod to nuke it.

Prezes

I've fixed it. There are still some bugs about after the the merger of the two database (the site and lit used to be seperate). So I'm trying to catch them all and still expand all the other features of the site allot of work....

Anyway, I've also deleted the first chapter, so you can carry on uploading them...

dvVIII

Thanx Prezes you da man.

the_demigod

Writers- sorry about these bugs, but we're ironing them out as they appear. The script is writtien from scratch by Prezes, and we're working on it daily- we will utilise it in a similar format on our next website [which will be ALL about fan game literature]

For now you are our testers.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || cf9236280da2d7ffe85c630981ddbbb8)