AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Presense of the Predator

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Presense of the Predator
Total Posts: 13

Swiss

you will go read it now, i jus' finished it and for a first time writing using the english language, AlienQueen's done pretty well. Although I was one of the few who actually enjoyed alien 3, and her opinion by changing events isn't exactly always a good idea, this time it was pulled off nicely.

Now move like you've got a purpose over to the alien stories section...

AlienQueen

Hi Swiss!

Thanks a lot for your kind review! I must admit, I had my problems with ALIEN III - not only for the obvious reasons as a Hicks-fan: While I certainly enjoyed the bleak, hopeless atmosphere (typical Fincher), I didn't find myself on the edge of my seat even once during the entire movie and even surprised myself by checking out the audiences reactions during the movie... something I'd never done during ALIENS, because I was so mesmerized by the movie itself that I didn't care for others. I also didn't like most of the characters (this is where ALIENS was unbeatable, imho), and they all more or less looked the same with their bald heads.

I like it as a 'separate' film, and its certainly a very good SF film, but as continuation of the Alien saga, I would have wished for something else... and I tought that a short story would be the right way of exploring this path

Although, come to think of it, I'm currently working on a different take of ALIENS, too, which will probably take on epic proportions... (deals with 'What would have happened if the atmosphere processor didn't blow and they would have to hang tough in Operations for the entire 17 days...??)

Hicks

Quote:

On 2001-11-23 07:14, AlienQueen wrote:

Although, come to think of it, I'm currently working on a different take of ALIENS, too, which will probably take on epic proportions... (deals with 'What would have happened if the atmosphere processor didn't blow and they would have to hang tough in Operations for the entire 17 days...??)

Now that sounds like a cool idea! I wish I had thought of it myself!

dvVIII

I have to agree with Swiss. I'm getting nothing done at work today because I've been reading Presence... Bravo AlienQueen! I'm eager to read more of your work.

the_demigod

I will be asking AlienQueen to strat thinking about submitting her German stuff tooo....

We'll simply add a 'language category' to the book table in the databse. Going multilingual has ALWAYS been my intention with this site....

RE; Aliens- I still have my [mostly finished] para-military analysis of the movie [just like Kodiaks analysis of the Hunter]....

AlienQueen

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!! DArnitt, I just typed up this looooong reply, and just when I hit the 'submit' button, the stupid P.C. threw me out! @*

AlienQueen

demigod: I'd love to submit my German story (another different take on Alien III, LOL... is it just me or is there a pattern ?)

But this one's really loooooong: Over 300 pages in 11 pitches, not double spaced. Will it fit

the_demigod

I was just going to offer to chop your "Presence" story in shorter bits [called "chapters".... ] so that the page would load faster...

Answer to last thing- if you divide it into chpaters we have the database set up to allow 97 full chapters [any length] and and ntroduction and a conclusion.

THAT should be enough.....

My Defence is only 29 chapters....

AlienQueen

Sounds like a deal

You're going to chop 'Presence' to pieces, while I'm going to hack away on my

'Alien III: Into the Fire' (that's the German one , in case you're wonderin... )

So, when should I do it? Guess I have to wait until you're done with this 'multi-language' thingy, huh? Until then, I'll be sharpening my claws, LOL!

the_demigod

it would be best if YOU decide where to chop it into chapters.....

the first two are easy- on the dotted lines, but later.....??????????

dvVIII

Lemme jump in here. I've got free time this weekend so I can take care of reposting "Presence" in chapters. demigod's got a point that it would be better if you did the chopping.

AlienQueen

Attention: Contains spoilers: Please don't read if you don't know the story yet but intend to do so!

Alright...

Maybe the prologue ends pretty soon, before Hicks is introduced, after:

"It was a silent night, and full of anticipation..."

Next chapter ends with "The sound of something heavy getting up" (when they're closing in on the derelict).

Next: Hicks enteres the duct, and the chapter ends with. "Wish me luck" . And with the next movement, he was gone..."

Next chapter ends with Hicks following the injured alien: "If it wasn't dead, the injury should at least have slowed it down."

Next: After the second encounter with the alien (in the dark tunnel), the chapter ends with "Okay, I'm going after it. How far is it, Duncan?"

Next: After the final confrontation, with "Can't... can't breathe...!" He passed out.

And then all the way to the end.

Thanks a lot for the effort!!!

the_demigod

okay, will begin the chopping procedure...

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || d6b7ead0bddad247dc0148e7cc9aefc4)