AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

An epic task...

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: An epic task...
Total Posts: 11

Dark

Once again, this is rumor control, here are the facts:

(Be warned...long post)

A trilogy of novels bringing a solid, definitive close to several of the underlying themes in the Aliens versus Predator universe (Including the fate of the other Ripleys, ((Ripley VIII and the ?Ripley Android? featured in Steve Perry's brilliant "The Female War")) the conclusion of the final battle against the single minded evil of Weyland-Yutani, and the true identity and motivation of the "Space Jockeys") Yikes! Is that a job!

Dare I try such an epic undertaking?, laughing in the face of the likelihood that I'll get totally bored of AvP in the couple of YEARS to come?

I think I will. What do you think?

What warranted the change, you ask? (at least, I hope you ask.) Seeing as before I was using a Laisse Faire policy to updating Blood Hunt and not really contributing to the forums at all, and now I'm gung ho enough to dare try write a decent ENDING onto the saga of the AvP universe, you might well be asking that.

The inspiration for this new inspiration of mine is the presence and works of such truly prolific writers as Demi and Swiss, who have written enough and apparently planned enough more to make my contributions seem downright miniscule. I salute you guys, and Demi, please, please, please don't quit on this genre of AvP just yet...to follow a thread from a long ago post of 'what's the point'

Anyway depending somewhat on your (the sitegoers) feedback, I may actually give this huge (for fan fiction, at least) effort a try. If I do, I will do my best to get out the first part (Aliens: Queen is the extremely tentative title) a while before Alien 5 comes along and makes it totally obsolete.

And, if any of you were, don't worry Blood Hunt already has been finished. This new project will not interfere with it in any way.

Signing off, for now, let me know what you think,

Dark

the_demigod

Fuck any potentially negative posts- WRITE THE STUFF.

You know I love your work cause its as big and expansive as mine. Gives me something to read.

The Space Jockeys is the most exciting species in the whole Universe- thats why I decided to bring them in as the ultimate badasses.

They are barely defined [and supposedly dead, but who cares..] which means you [and I] got plenty of space [he he] to develop a WHOLE RACE to our liking.

The ultimate form of scifi writing- xenobiological psychology, socilogy, etc.

CAN YOU resist such a challenge??

To continue "whats the point" I'm simply distracted strongly by other projects [which I see as more valuable to MY OWN development and potentially, financial welfare].

On a site note: remember to submit a news item with a short quote after each chapter upload so we can simply aprove it for the main page. YOU know BEST when the upload occured and what segment/quote will best give away the "feeling" of that particluar chapter.

Other than that- again: WRITE the fucker.

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2001-11-28 19:21 ]

UJITTA

HEHEHEHE FIGHT THE MAN, MAN!

I, personally, would love to read the final product of such a monumentul undertaking

DLSBlade

I agree, go for it man! Alien 5 looks unlikely, i doubt AvP: The Movie will end either of the Predator or Aliens series, and Alien: Resurrection was, well, shite. Give us a good ending, for the love of God!

dvVIII

Go for it Dark! I know YOU can write a piece of such huge proportions. And as Demigod points out, how can you resist the blank canvas the Space Jockeys give you? Oh man, the possibilities... . I can't wait for the first part.

Swiss

ooh the possibilities...

this has me thinking.

AlienQueen

Hi Dark!

May I join in on the chorus with that old Nike slogan: "Just do it".

As someone who has always had a special liking for the "What-if" stories, I don't think that "Alien 5 - the movie" would make your story obsolete. There's always room for those alternate universe-fics, and I enjoy going down different paths than the ones we've been dealt by Fox myself (I guess many of you know by now that I'm not too fond of Alien III and IV myself...).

Right now I'm also stuck with an AU epic which explores what would have happened if the atmosphere processor didn't blow (in'Aliens') and our marine squad would have to hang tough for those 17 days... but of course, this is when a completely different storyline evolves (involving a secret W.Y. space station, cloning, genetic engineering... bla bla bla...) I just don't know whether I will be able to complete the story in this life-time (working title: Aliens: Chrysalis).

Swiss

Quote:

On 2001-11-30 06:47, AlienQueen wrote:

Hi Dark!

May I join in on the chorus with that old Nike slogan: "Just do it".

As someone who has always had a special liking for the "What-if" stories, I don't think that "Alien 5 - the movie" would make your story obsolete. There's always room for those alternate universe-fics, and I enjoy going down different paths than the ones we've been dealt by Fox myself (I guess many of you know by now that I'm not too fond of Alien III and IV myself...).

Right now I'm also stuck with an AU epic which explores what would have happened if the atmosphere processor didn't blow (in'Aliens') and our marine squad would have to hang tough for those 17 days... but of course, this is when a completely different storyline evolves (involving a secret W.Y. space station, cloning, genetic engineering... bla bla bla...) I just don't know whether I will be able to complete the story in this life-time (working title: Aliens: Chrysalis).

no sweat, you need anything written etc.. you know where to find me - here

Swiss

Quote:

On 2001-11-28 19:18, the_demigod wrote:

The Space Jockeys is the most exciting species in the whole Universe- thats why I decided to bring them in as the ultimate badasses.

They are barely defined [and supposedly dead, but who cares..] which means you [and I] got plenty of space [he he] to develop a WHOLE RACE to our liking.

The ultimate form of scifi writing- xenobiological psychology, socilogy, etc.

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2001-11-28 19:21 ]

The Space Jockey's became extinct thanks to the aliens. Only two survived, one was killed after killing US president, another died later...

its up to you really what you wanna do with the story but the space jockey's are actually slightly off key, they became corrupt and this lead to them becoming mainly human...

if you want to work on a species, go right ahead but they were killed off for a reason - it was to prove how humanity was heading that way too.

Dark

Thanks a lot to everyone for the positive feedback and encouragement. Looks like I'm actually going to try to write this thing

Demi, your f-bomb vocabulary in particular has been a great motivator

To put it simply (and profanely):

Fuck fucketty fuck fuck, I'm really going to give this bastard a shot!

As for the space jockeys, they are not ALL dead, at least, defintetly not in my writing. I've been toying around with the idea of them as really, advanced beings, and having a war between them where they use xenocs, Yaujta, and even us poor Humans as pawns and soldiers, since they're far too few of them left to do their fighting themselves. I can imagine them behind the scenes as puppet masters of sorts. Sort of gives a different meaning to Alien Vs. Predator...

I may end up ignoring much of the established stuff on them, I liked it better when they were shrouded in mystery, and like Demi said, it was up to us to write the book on them.

Anyhow, Aliens: Queen is underway, features those "other" Ripleys, and the prologue may be appearing sometime in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your support, peoples

This is Dark, signing off,

AlienQueen

Hi Swiss!

Thanks for your kind offer! You know, I might just take advantage of it

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 63d3ec6a100c319e3d0d7e65df4c61f5)