AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP gold

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP gold
Total Posts: 14

Terrorfarmer

Hey me again . I played avp for a while and saw avp gold too but i was very disappointed when i saw it. Is it true that the only improvement are a couple of new weapons and some multiplayer levels?

Cougar

Dunno... I never played the gold edition but if those are the only additions to the game then I will be scrapping that off my mind. I wouldn't waste money for a few upgrades... But hey, thats just me

Cougar

the_demigod

the dual pistols on some Marine levels ae sooooooo cool...

Mariini

I think it isn't a worth of buying if you have the original... They should include the 'gold' edition in upgrade patch...

Cliff

They could have put in a few more improvements hell they could have put in a lot of improvements

Terrorfarmer

yeah.. more singleplayer levels.... not that those were that great in the original... but still...

Cliff

Yes, a lot more levels would have been good.

the_demigod

hey- remember one thing:

these "Gold" versions are a classic marketing trick design to milk the final few thousand sales from a declining market by introducing a minute change to the well-known original product.

simple...

Cliff

Those bastards how can they do something like thatto us

Swiss

AvP gold wasn't an expansion pack, it was an upgrade optional to non-owners. I personally bought the gold version after the original kept crashing on my system, and wasn't disappointed, it fixes a LOT of bugs, the extra maps are acceptable PLUS the offical extra maps on the net are only compatible with gold. The pistols justify the price alone, although the skeeter does suck.

Nostromo

But the pistols were at the same time such a pathetic appeal to the UT crowd....

or...

maybe Fox paid homage???

Terrorfarmer

pistols are ok..... the new maps are great (from the first three movies) nostromo, hadley's hope and leadworks and the pred map subway... these are great maps.... elevator is also ok... don't have the cd version though.... but the twilight version haha.... but the thing i liked on avp1 is that you could play it without cd making it a great game for lanparies where i was the only one with cd.

Cliff

well there are a lot of no cd cracks out there so you can play most games with out a cd.

Terrorfarmer

true..... but avp1 was actually legal

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || cc44a019163eeabcf5520c172e573125)