AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP Gold

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP Gold
Total Posts: 16

the_demigod

I just reinstalled my AvP gold pack [since I couldn't find AvP original ] and after I finally tore myself away from another trek through the world of Unreal...

Man, it'gonna be a tough coupla nights... aliens everywhere, Predators wanting to kill me...

MolBaNdA

Hehe. Do you play on GameSpy Arcade? My name is the same as here if you wanna play sometime.

the_demigod

I have gotten to the point where I avoid gamespy as much as possible.

Besides with all the accusatins of Gspy installing all that spyware on your comp, I'd stay away from Arcade even more. Who knows what kinda spy crap is in it?????

Terrorfarmer

aaaaaargh fuck gamespy...... gimme my mplayer.com back (ok it lags but at least it was fun)..... damn.... i wanna play avp over the i net again

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Gamespy are a pack of wankers. the one time i down loaded a patch off the shit hole site it sent a virus to my cpu.

AlienSlof

I've never used 'Gay'spy for reasons like that!

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Yeh i sort of learnt the hard way (F**K it)

the_demigod

agreed. Gamespy ain't too good at Client Management (ie taking care of gamers) cause they're too busy on the corporate side of things.

BUT... if all works out the way I want it to [and has been planned and analysed] Gspy will wake up to some nasty and vicious competition.

pred19

I spent forever trying to install gamespy, then I found out they CHARGED you, of all things, and then I heard about all that KaZaA-ish software they secretly upload into your computer. Thanks but no thanks.

As of AvP:GE, I enjoyed it more than its sequel or any other 'Aliens' game. It, to me, was most like the movie, and always fun to replay. I hope Monolith picks up the franchise for a third game, if it develops. They did the best, coolest, and most faithful job of recreating the movies (like the Ferarco level).

the_demigod

As mentioned on the mainpage of AbsoluteAvP, we're looking for people who enjoyed AvP and AvPGE to help us in increasing our AvP-related content.

That includes:
- screenies [we'll make a separate gallery for them]
- species characterisitcs
- walkthoughs
- tactics
and anything else you guys can think off.

if ya wanna/are interested, mail me for a chat.

Chris B

Well i disliked them anyway, there software was crap, there service was crap, and then they closed down AxtionXtreme. Bastids. So i vow never to avoid them as much as possible.

killadutch

Monolith did a good job, in my opinion wnyway.

Chris B

Aye, i prefare 2 myself, but they still got a long way to go IMO.

Terrorfarmer

well i prefer AvP1, way more scarier.... the singleplayer was kinda crappy and the lack of save ability (until the patch) kinda sucked. However, i loved the alien physics... you were fast and could jump over great distances without making that SQWEEQ sound so that everybody knows where you are and the tail damage was cooler than the tail stun.

AvP multiplayer ruled, the lag however was en still is horrible

}{elios

Gamespy 1.2 is atotal advance in technology,voice chat ingame and everything,But now GSA is charging $20 a year for registered features, Allso AVP! is about 20 times better than AVP2, Avp has more speed,Its more realistic,Less lag, Even though Avp1 leaves something to be wanted Basicly graphics it has way too many glitches.AVP2 is cool better grapics better levels better chracters,but the missions and the lags sux bad.Way too slow on the net,Three people playing together will lagout the sysem.

}{elios

Uhhh screw my last reply...

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || d6d4b5c478ec0519a1d7b262627e1db8)