AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Offering help.

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Offering help.
Total Posts: 7

Anise

For all those of you that want to write better I can wholeheartedly recommend the following book. 'Getting to grips with Punctuation and Grammar'. It's by Letts Educational and is, I think, available for Smiths for about a fiver (UK).

No offence intended here but I've seen so many stories with poor or non-existent punctuation that it lets an otherwise good story down. I guess a lot of readers don't care about that but I would imagine a lot of others do. I do. I got this book years ago because there were some points that confused me. Get it, you won't regret it.

Anise.

the_demigod

there IS a few good books about writing.

Scifi writing books are also important.

Cougar

It could come in handy, i have this just "instinctive" feeling that there are some grammer and punctuation mistakes in my stories, so I think i'm gonna take a lil peak into this, Smiths did ya say? Hehe, i got one of those shops in town, walking distance from me, shame its now 12:43 here in England at the moment, otherwise I would step outside into the freezing cold and freeze my arse off and get frost bite, better than dieing from a chest burster though, i suppose, ehe...

So anyways, I will see you guys around, thanks anise, I am sure that I am gonna learn something from it... I hope so anyways, .

Cliff

I not to good with my punctuation and grammar but it seems that that bookstore is to far away.

AlienSlof

This is a good idea - I have a whole set of books including dictionary, thesaurus and various punctuation and grammar books. I find these invaluable as I hate making mistakes, and using the same words over and over - I think my thesaurus is my most read book in the house!

I like my writing to be precise and correct without being stiff and too formal. I'm a fussy old bugger and it has to be RIGHT!

[ This message was edited by: AlienSlof on 2002-02-17 04:23 ]

the_demigod

I have three writing "bibles" at the moment:

Stephen King "On Writing, a memoir of the craft"

its an awesome story of his literary life with some deeeeeep thoughts thrown in

David Gerrold "Worlds of Wonder, How to write science fiction and fantasy"

Brian Stableford "Writing Fantasy and science fiction"

Both books deal with everything from storyline, structure, character developemnt to manuscript preparation.

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2002-02-17 07:16 ]

Cougar

Kewl. I just take what I can find, I have a bunch of Dictionary, grammer & punctuation books though already in my loft, but still... I might go into town on Monday and take a quick look at it, .

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 0afe3c539956f9287080557d24df5412)