AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Lacking inspiration

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Lacking inspiration
Total Posts: 8

Swiss

Well yes, its all being done at the moment - im running low on original ideas for once, this is quite simply a question to the community over which of two (well, three) ideas I have for stories. All of which have been started, but with little motivation to continue.

1. Competition entry.

I failed to submit my decent competition entry because i felt it could be better off as a full story instead of a short one. The alternative that i submitted was lame and decidedly was also withdrawn.

The plot is simple, Jonesy the cat has been left on Gateway, the story's first person from his perspective. Something happens on the station and he, as well as other animals, escape into the station, power's down and something's going wrong... horribly wrong. Jonsey doesn't give a crap though, he just wants to go find Ripley.

Want me to bother with option 1? Just say...

2. The rock.

Based on the film of the same name, this would be my first AvP story, including the predator of couse. The original movie was based around some ex-marines who captured Alcatraz island with the intention of firing chemical weapons at San francisco unless their dead comrades were honoured for their actions. The alteration is that the marine squad sent to the island to kill the mercs, finds them all dead. The weapons they were going to fire contained a special form of XenoZip which would cause mutation and alien infestation in the surrounding zones if fired. A predator begins hunting the marines, whilst the man sent with the team to defuse the problem, must destroy the XenoZip. Also starring 'that bloke Sean connery played'.

N.B The guy who played Hicks also starred in this movie, so it has alien connections hehe

There's a third option, although its kinda hard to see it as an option at all.

3. Jurrassic Park

Based exactly along the lines of the movie, with the exception that the island contains Aliens, the theory being aliens caused the extinction of Dinosaurs. Amazingly the island is due to become a tourist attraction, the aliens obviously escape and chaos ensues.

The third is merely a scrap idea from my suggestion for AvP3's plot, I have very few others although im open to suggestions, otherwise please vote for the story you'd like to see, alter these brief summaries as you see fit.

[ This message was edited by: Swiss on 2002-02-21 11:17 ]

[ This message was edited by: Swiss on 2002-02-21 11:21 ]

Swiss

Well yes, its all being done at the moment - im running low on original ideas for once, this is quite simply a question to the community over which of two (well, three) ideas I have for stories. All of which have been started, but with little motivation to continue.

1. Competition entry.

I failed to submit my decent competition entry because i felt it could be better off as a full story instead of a short one. The alternative that i submitted was lame and decidedly was also withdrawn.

The plot is simple, Jonesy the cat has been left on Gateway, the story's first person from his perspective. Something happens on the station and he, as well as other animals, escape into the station, power's down and something's going wrong... horribly wrong. Jonsey doesn't give a crap though, he just wants to go find Ripley.

Want me to bother with option 1? Just say...

2. The rock.

Based on the film of the same n
me, this would be my first AvP story, including the predator of couse. The original movie was based around some ex-marines who captured Alcatraz island with the intention of firing chemical weapons at San francisco unless their dead comrades were honoured for their actions. The alteration is that the marine squad sent to the island to kill the mercs, finds them all dead. The weapons they were going to fire contained a special form of XenoZip which would cause mutation and alien infestation in the surrounding zones if fired. A predator begins hunting the marines, whilst the man sent with the team to defuse the problem, must destroy the XenoZip. Also starring 'that bloke Sean connery played'.

N.B The guy who played Hicks also starred in this movie, so it has alien connections hehe

There's a third option, although its kinda hard to see it as an option at all.

3. Jurrassic Park

Based exactly along the lines of the movie, with the exception that the island contains Aliens, the theory being aliens caused the extinction of Dinosaurs. Amazingly the island is due to become a tourist attraction, the aliens obviously escape and chaos ensues.

The third is merely a scrap idea from my suggestion for AvP3's plot, I have very few others although im open to suggestions, otherwise please vote for the story you'd like to see, alter these brief summaries as you see fit.

[ This message was edited by: Swiss on 2002-02-21 11:17 ]

[ This message was edited by: Swiss on 2002-02-21 11:21 ]

DaggleC

Swiss, you're either evil, or telepathic. Or both. Grrr at you for stealing a storyline from my mind!

I'd much rather read one from the cats' perspective. Jonsey was THE pussy. :O

I think the idea's a good one, even if it does slightly differ from my one in my mind! I was also going to say something else too...though I forgot...

GET ON WITH IT NOW! <--- Motivation

DaggleC

Swiss, you're either evil, or telepathic. Or both. Grrr at you for stealing a storyline from my mind!

I'd much rather read one from the cats' perspective. Jonsey was THE pussy. :O

I think the idea's a good one, even if it does slightly differ from my one in my mind! I was also going to say something else too...though I forgot...

GET ON WITH IT NOW! <--- Motivation

AlienSlof

Yes - I'd go with the cat too - 1st-person cat POV - cool Jonesy was my favourite character (after Alien of course!) and it would be interesting to read a cat's take on the whole thing!

Peeps might have guessed by now that I don't like the human race that much! Aliens rock!

AlienSlof

Yes - I'd go with the cat too - 1st-person cat POV - cool Jonesy was my favourite character (after Alien of course!) and it would be interesting to read a cat's take on the whole thing!

Peeps might have guessed by now that I don't like the human race that much! Aliens rock!

Cliff

I like idea number 2 The rock I think if writen correctly it would be really good.

Cliff

I like idea number 2 The rock I think if writen correctly it would be really good.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 292bb9cf460eabd711a1d22139afb147)