AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP and StarCraft

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP and StarCraft
Total Posts: 82

Hicks

This was a news submission from Jaglerz, but it's more of a forum topic than a news post so here goes:

Hi,

If anyone of you had read the whole story of starcraft and the supposed story of avp you certainly see some coincidence like: Terrans=Marines (obvously) Zergs=Aliens Protoss=Predator

First Terran,

They are some human that have been sent as colons for planet, got lost and are face to face with Zergs and Protoss.

Marine,

Military human that colonized planets and are face to face with Alien and Predator

Second Zergs,

They were created by the Xel'Naga race and are on a 'quest' to assimilate new forms of life to evoluate.

Aliens,

They're home as been infested with Marines and scientific and are using them as cocoon for their child.

Third Protoss,

They were a race also created by the Xel'Naga but they gone crazy and killed each other to finally kill each of the two race.

Predator,

They came to planets to hunt Aliens Marines got in the way and they are after them too...

I hope you see the similarity!!! Starcraft and AvP are pretty much the same and maybe they (Starcraft or Avp) are an evolution of the other!?!?! Maybe...

More to come,

Jaglerz

Hicks

Yup, I agree, something I noticed the first time I played StarCraft (which got really boring, really quick btw). Especially since the pilots say "In the pipe, 5 by 5".

Cougar

To be honest, i think that the first zerg, (zerglings) are quite similar to the aliens in the films. I even recall hearing the word; "Xenomorph" mentioned in the game. I think that starcraft took some bits of alien stuff and put it into the zerg species.

Cliff

I found Starcraft extremely interesting but it did become boring and what is with Blizzard hell why aren't they making SC2 hey damn idiots

But yes some thing are the same except for the little protoss law that says they are not allowed to interfere with lower life forms (terrans) but the preds they don't believe in that do they.

And the Zerg when infesting something they incorporate it into the whole species and not only one (the newborn).

But those are small thing but one of the things the marine (SC) says is taken from aliens.

Cougar

The burrow was an piss take about the camoflaughing on the walls! lol.the other thing was the protoss decided to obliterate anything in their way from them destroying the zerg. Plus the infestation thing with a zerg queen, at least they fly! lol. like the preds, they want aliens dead, aliens want marines dead, and marines want both dead. Its kind of like avp2 except its with 3 different species and different time. I expect SC took place either inbetween aliens and alien 3 (timeline ways - as in like what year ) plus did you noticed when the command centers are infested they are covered in what looks like resin? Should they just call the zerg xenomorph? Was brood war any way connected to the xenomorphs in different ways to the original SC?

Cliff

The stuff on the command centre does look like resin exept the colour is diffrent and it is alive and moves but the Zerg didn't want the terrans dead they wanted to make them apart of the swarm and you can't do that when they are dead.

Oh and one thing you all forgot the protoss have dreadlock like hair.

Terrorfarmer

ah here.... the starcraft master here....

how dare you call starcraft boring... death to all who says that... and yes there is a similarity though protoss are more like noble species and do not hunt for trophies like the predators. Also zerg have a wide variety of units and not only "alien" like creatures (for the balance of course) and well, terrans also use big tanks and stuff... in aliens they're just marines with apc's...

oh and btw... i think starcraft is the best game ever!!.... it even puts avp1/avp2 far behind

Cliff

Well it did become boring after I played all the campaigns a few times downloaded almost all the custom campaigns from 'Campaigns Creations' and a few other websites and downloaded a lot of custom portraits from 'Jasen 2001' and 'SA Portraits' but the main reason I said it became boring is because there was nothing really new out there for SC and the mods where good for a while but they to became boring.

But that doesn't mean its not a good game.

Cougar

Well...

I have made a number of campaigns for my own personal use, but I did at one time think about sending them out to people to download as I think some of them are pretty good. The last time I made one was atleast 2 months ago, as when I finally got avp2, I tucked SC neatly into my cupboard for future use, I have played it recently, but I prefer FPS games, they are more enjoyable to me.

I am not calling the game boring, I do like it. But I prefer the FPS ordeal's.

Cliff

Well I like blowing shit up and shooting the shit out of stuff and I also like 'skop skiet en donder' but thats basicly the same.

There is nothing wrong with building a army then blowing the shit out of stuff but I like the blowing the stuff up my self.

Cougar

I liked the siege tanks, ghosts and nukes... it fit well with the phrase: "I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit... its the only way to be sure." well, maybe something like that I guess... i too liked to blow the living crap out of stuff, especially the confederate army, huh?

Cliff

I’m more of a zerg person myself quantity over quality is more my thing and I liked using them infested terrans to blow the shit out of my enemies.

Cougar

Yeah, the zerg are like the xenomorph in that way as well. They can easily overwhelm a single group of confederates in seconds. My favourite batch would be the zerglings, you get 2 each time they have morphed, and they can easily outnumber people!

Terrorfarmer

well.... multiplayer is the most fun i've ever played... good latency... incredible strategies... realy cool

Cliff

Well I more like using my queens to broodling but 2 groups of Ultalisks always works good one gets hurt you use group two while group one is healing but I always sucked as the Terrans and Protoss.

Cougar

Yeah, zerg were the best! Then I liked the protoss but man the Terrans weren't so hot. Okay so they had some good weapons and vehicles but compared to the protoss they can really get their asses kicked. The zerg's could burrow and surprise the terrans any day of the week unless they have a detector. Here are ym favourite unit(s) for the SC:

-Zerg: Zergling - They can easily over power a smaller group of Terrans and protoss as they constantly grow in numbers and overwhelm, but with a larger group of enemies I consider using Hydralisks or Ultralisks. I also use the Zerglings on a "Hit and Run" basis.

-Protoss: Reaver - Extremely dangerous from a distance. The scarabs that hey launch can take out the most heavily armoured buildings in less than 5 shots! The only downside with these armoured tanks is the fact that they ran out of ammo fast and require crystals to rebuil the scarabs. With the extra upgrades though, they can become more than tanks!

-Terran: Siege-Tank: Although completely vulnerable at close range whilst in Siege Mode they can defend themselves well when they undeploy. When in Siege mode it will take more than infantry to stop these at long range. Downside is that they cannot attack air targets and are easily destroyed by a squadron of Wraiths. One thing I liked about these is the fact that they are in ways similar to the Protoss Reaver, they are just cause less damage.

What about the favourite unit(s) on SC for all you players here?

Terrorfarmer

zerg hydralisk

terran wraith

protoss high templar

actually i have more... but these are my top favo's

Cougar

All i wanted to know

Anyone still play the game online by any chance? I aint had a decent game in ages, and come tot hink of it, I dont remember my log in or password now! ... gonna need to make a new account, lol.

Terrorfarmer

yup.. me...

OO-Edds

all this starcraft talk. make me wanna play online

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 21dad448eb890700711d531ccae889c9)