AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Sick Humor

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Sick Humor
Total Posts: 30

AlienQueen

Okay guys, somebody seems to have a real rotten sense of humor here! Why? Well, I noticed that someone (2 ppl probably) gave "A Tale to tell" a *real* rotten voting - even though (and here it comes!) the story hasn't even been uploaded again! It's not even there, so how can you judge it? What's the sense in that other than uselessly depres-

sing others? (And yes, the author noticed and *was* depressed when we talked yesterday).

Thanks a lot! You greatly succeeded in chasing a very promising writer away from the site!

Anise

Personally, I've been gagging for the rest of that story and enjoyed it when it was there. The odd thing about Daring Do was that it got three 10's then suddenly a 1 dropped in. If someone makes a mistake (like I've done in the past) do what I did, email Prezes or Demi and ask them to take it off. It is easy (at the moment) to forget to select a rating before hitting the rate button.

To those type of people that just like to nip and a bang a couple of 1's in for nothing more than pleasure then your getting your kicks in a sick, sadisitic and barbaric way and you need serious help, full frontal lobotomy springs to mind.

As to Daring Do, I gotta admit it was a piss-take on the all action-blam-blam-gratuitous-violence merchants )

[ This message was edited by: Anise on 2002-03-22 03:53 ]

dvVIII

It's the same old story. Those that can't create anything themselves becomes critics...

AlienQueen

If only they were!! But how do you rate something that's not even there in the first place? Or why do have ppl insult others by commenting "YAWN" under their artwork? How in the world is THIS meant to be constructive? Damn, people, why don't you swallow a pulse rifle and pull the trigger?

[ This message was edited by: AlienQueen on 2002-03-22 09:48 ]

Istaros

TIJAMB

Red_Dragon

Is there a way i can get my hands on a copy of "A Tale To Tell"? It looks really interesting and I'd like to read it.

AlienQueen

Dragon, why don't you give Corp. Hicks a private message? I'm sure she'll mail it to you. Or maybe she can even be convinced to up-

load it again... despite of the experience.

Cliff

Don't you this hate it when someone give you a bad score I believe it also happened to Anise but they also send her e-mail.

AlienQueen

Well, of course it's not nice getting a bad score... but then again, you've got to live with the fact that maybe not everybody likes what you like. But there are other ways of expressing critique than uselessly trashing other ppls work without even the slightest attempt of being constructive.

And it would be easier too to accept a bad score if there were actually anything to judge ... except for an empty space where the story should be.

Cougar

Quote:

On 2002-03-23 07:12, Cliff wrote:

Don't you this hate it when someone give you a bad score I believe it also happened to Anise but they also send her e-mail.

Yes they sent her a very *upsetting* email to her, thats what she said before. Damn bastards who find pleasure in hurting someone inside.

Cliff

Yes, it isn't bad enough that they have to rate her story poorly but they send her those e-mails.

Anise

Fortunately, the story didn't get it's rating hit (other than a six that crept in), it was the emails that were the killer blow. Anyway, I bounced back from that and TMBG start to get a very respectable rating (9.25 I think). Then the crash happened and the old "I've removed" description went back in from the backup and finally 3 chapters re-appeared but the description still remains wrong. Because the writers page is locked off I can't do anything about it and it's looking bad. It was Daring do that got the 1 rating, and that was hot on the heels of 3 tens. I must admit, I didn't expect it to be rated at all as it was a spoof piece that I knocked out in 15 minutes.

I'll be happy when Gamestory goes live and we can start again and I can get the whole of TMBG up.

Cliff

So Anise have you e-mailed Demi or Deviate about it perhaps they can fix it.

the_demigod

everyobody gets a series of "1" votes- its simply the morons having some fun [again]

Cougar

I agree with Demi, there are always those that are left out because they aren't as good as others, so they just try to annoy that person as best as they can...

Assholes...

the_demigod

therefore me thinks that even when [ ] we introduce the reader AND writer separate voting schemes @GS, the reader voting will be only for registered users- that at least shows/requires some comitment and seriousness/enjoyment from them.

comments?

Cougar

Its a good idea, Demi, its just that I didn't know that non-registered users could vote on anything at all except for the poll on the main page!

AlienQueen

Sounds like a great idea, Demi - I'm all for it!

the_demigod

Quote:

On 2002-03-24 13:36, Cougar wrote:

Its a good idea, Demi, its just that I didn't know that non-registered users could vote on anything at all except for the poll on the main page!

yeah- the story pages are not yet fuly intergrated into the site engine.

Cougar

Hehe, yeah well I got nothing better to say now and I am not going to argue at all: Go for it Demi!

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 97aa2f7a35f5a5896c5355e8b21ee864)