AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP players???

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP players???
Total Posts: 17

the_demigod

I need some good [high quality] screenies from AvP [the FIRST game] to add to our rotating header thingy.

I currently only got a single pic of the Pred (on the left side of header) as it crouches in a level movie section.

Could use some more of all 3 species.

DaggleC

Next time I have it installed - I'll get snapping away then. I've not played it in a while actually... Hmm...

Nostromo

AvP pics are hard to come by these days. Good ones anyway.

Terrorfarmer

i could make them easily... i got the game installed on my comp and i play it in 1280x1024x32 and i would at least if there's a way to make screenies other than using print screen

SirYawnalot

There sure is... here's how.

Go into AvP. Start up a level-- any level.

When the game's loaded...

You know that weird button to the left of the 1 key? I think it's called Tilde or something. If you press shift+tilde when you're typing you get a

Terrorfarmer

ok if that works i will make some screenies...

the_demigod

thanks guys- I really appreciate that.

Hell, if more of you get active with AvP we could try to create a separate AvP gallery category.

I believe that AvP is a resurrectable game, depending on what Rebellion does/says that is....

Any ideas????

Terrorfarmer

i still think avp1 was better than avp2 though i like avp2 alot too but anyways... i would like to see some botmatch where you could fight enemies of equal power and the game doesn't lag.... playin on gamespy is undoable and skirmish get's boring quite fast since it is too easy to kill those mass aliens cuz they are so weak and i get deaf of their screaming.... also an improved singleplayer where you would be closer to the story line would be better.... and btw demigod... if i have the screenies.... where should i mail them to? your demigod@avp2.com??

Terrorfarmer

oh and btw.... how many screens do you need?

SirYawnalot

AvP1 was the better game, but it's very dated now, technology and game design have taken leaps and bounds since it was released. Technologically even when it was released it was slightly behind times-- having been in development for years it didn't have the benefits of learning from recent games or the amazing Unreal engine. Or the less amazing Quake II engine, which would still have been better than the one they came up with.

*sighs*

Terrorfarmer

i find the avp1 engine to be great... it greatly suited the things that the game needed... wall walking and stuff.. and you could surgically remove alien limbs

Prezes

Terror: demi's email is the_demigod@avp2.net

SirYawnalot

Yeah the limb removal was great, but the other features could be coded into any other engine. Plus, the engine was nigh-on impossible to create mods for-- the main reason why Half-Life (released at around the same time) remains immensely popular and AvP1 is a very dated and comparatively niche game. *sighs* if only...

the_demigod

The shitty modding killed the game....

it had SO MUCH potential as a community creator and all we got was a fucking GAME [just like the mistakes made with release of IGI and H&D]

Terrorfarmer

ok demi... but how many pics should i make if it works?

SirYawnalot

Exactly. And AvP2 only halfway improves modding capabilities. If you play with a mod loaded you can't actually join servers that don't support the mod-- in Unreal T games if you join a server that supports a mod then the game automatically starts downloading the mod, and if you have the mod but the server doesn't, you can join anyway. Niggling flaws like this stop mods like AXP from becoming as popular as they should be.

And then there's the level editor. I had a brief look, fought the need to puke, and exited. And here's me with plenty of experience with UnrealEd. It's not user-friendly.

So how about making AvP3 more moddable eh, developers?? Cos when we get bored of the contents of your game, and yes it will eventually happen, it's the mods that count! (Half-Life. crap game, great mods, so it's still one of the most popular games around)

}{elios

I'll het you some pic i have a whole collection, just tell me what you want and you got it, Im bored of doing nothing.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || c56ec280dbf6ac0e1d188aeffc08de43)