AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Planets

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Planets
Total Posts: 13

AlecAssant

What planet was on Fury 161?

What planet was the SULACO above on on the opening scene of ALIENS? The one where Ripley's sleeping face dissolves to.

SM

Fiorina 161 is a planet in the Neroid sector of the the Outer Veil. It orbits an insignificant binary star and has a rotation of approximately 10 days.

The dissolve from Ripley is to the Earth. If memory serves the shot pans across to Gateway which is in a geostationery orbit over the UA.

Other planets mentioned in the films and directly related materials...

Arcturus

Ceti Epsilon NC-104

Icarus

Kawlang

Kellarat (LB-329)

Konor Minor

Kulik X

Liberty Echo

Liebnitz

Mach

Motinea

Neptune

Pluto

Skyfire Down

Thedus

Titan

Torin Prime

the_demigod

I think that Fiorina "Fury" 161 was grossly underused in the movie....

DaggleC

The didn't even get the sodding name right in Alien: Resurrection! I dismay, I really do!

SM

Hey could they have used Fiorina more? The whole windblown planet thing had been done twice in the first two films.

As for the mispronunciation by Gediman - he's a doctor, so why would he care about a planet where they only thing that ever happened that was slightly interesting occurred 200 years ago. People mispronounce things all the time, and the lesser the importance the more likely you won't bother to check if you're saying it right.

I believe Gediman calling it Fiori 16 was entirely intentional.

DaggleC

Hey, c'mon, with Joss Whedon writing it, I doubt he'd be clever enough to make it intentional... It's even classed as a goof on imdb...

the_demigod

which part of the name/pronounciation is a goof????

SM

IMDB goofs are frequently incorrect. Hence their listing of things 'Incorrectly regarded as goofs'.

Gediman pronounces it "Fiori one six" when talking to Ripley. Still reckon it was intentional. Gediman isn't a navigator.

the_demigod

if the planet was called Fiorina "Fury" 161, then the Fiori part of Gediman's statement would be close enough -assuming the time difference between Res and A3...

SirYawnalot

Well I've only seen Res once, so I'm not the most well-educated of people, but maybe he was just slanging the name? The fact that he said one-six makes it sound slangy to me, in which case he'd probably have shortened Fiorina too. Everyone on the project would be very familiar with the name of the planet so it would make sense to them, I would have thought.

Which, as SM says, would make it intentional.

Cliff

Perhaps they changed the planets name it is possible.

Cougar

Maybe they changed the planets name like Cliff said - after the events of Alien 3 so that no one else could figure out what happened on Fiorina 161 . The company after all wanted it kept as a secret, didn't they?

Cliff

Well a lot could have happened between A3 and AR perhaps someone else brought the planet. It almost like the city I was born in its original name was Port Rex (I think) but then they changed it to East Londen and I have only heard people call it Port Rex in histroy lessons (a long time ago becaused I moved out of east Londen 5 years ago).

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 32911162bfc5a32ae5a7410a9afa6417)