AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

The comic books

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: The comic books
Total Posts: 5

AlecAssant

Was there a comic book or novel were the aliens reached earth?

If so, how did they? Did the Jockeys bring them in?

--------------

Another expanded universe question is, when the aliens can't get hold of humans, who will they use as hosts?

SirYawnalot

Aliens having reached earth is always a base fact in all the Aliens novels I've read. It actually happens in Earth Hive by Steve Perry, all the others make references to it.

Basically, this satellite or something drifts into Earth's orbit. It's man-made, and for some reason I can't remember it drifted into some uncharted area of space, before drifting back to Earth's atmosphere. A salvage ship goes up to investigate and see if there's anything worthwhile, or if it's just another piece of space junk that needs clearing up. There's an alien on board. If I remember rightly, it basically starts there. Personally I don't like the Aliens novels much, so it's been ages since I read it. Music of the Spears, AvP: Prey and the Predator novels (well the first 2 anyway) are decent though.

As to your other question, aliens will take any host larger than, but not including, a cat. There's lots of worlds out there with indigenous life, albeit not very intelligent life. Humans are just another lifeform really. Presumably on really massive lifeforms, aliens would just implant their embryos into the flesh of the victim. They'd probably do the same to any creature with no orifices, like mouths. 'Huggers can produce acid from their underbellies, so they can lightly sprinkle the host's flesh with the acid, then plant the embryo into the wound.

Prezes

the issue with aliens "facehugging" every type of animal is one of ecological balance- if the aliens have "no sense" they will kill/facehug every animal and deny themselves any further opportunity for population increase....

a self- limiting tool

SirYawnalot

Well, aliens clearly do have sense... the facehugger intelligently decides, and very quickly, where and how to implant a victim, because you can't implant every species of animal the same way. That's probably why the facehugger paused for a moment on the edge of its egg before attacking Newt, it was probably figuring out which was the best way to implant her.

So therefore, perhaps as aliens are smart enough to do that, maybe they're smart enough to keep themselves from making all prey extinct too-- ants are known to keep aphids in "farms" and "milk" them for some liquid they produce which is valuable to ants for some reason... I'm no expert but I know that's definitely true.

Perhaps to keep prey from becoming extinct, aliens might keep "farms" in their hive for prey animals to reproduce? What do you guys think?

ShadowDancer

Well, in the graphic novel "labyrinth", the aliens tried to produce more hosts by making a few humans breed inside their hive. Based on that, the aliens probably do try to keep a few hosts-to-be alive to breed and produce a continuous flow of "mothers". However, in "Aliens" they didn't, maybe the queens vary a bit in their cunning from hive to hive? (With S'liithsss currently at the cutting edge! )

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || f3cd885a573fc8273023225cc98a6033)