AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

this probably does not belong here, i have heard of apcs, but what about all out tanks

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: this probably does not belong here, i have heard of apcs, but what about all out tanks
Total Posts: 58

razorback

i am clueless as to why humans don't have any tanks??

SM

Fish tanks, scuba tanks, or just plain old caterpillar-tread-whaking-big-gun tanks?

In the Colonial Marines Tech Manual they have:

M22A3 Jackson medium tank

M34A2 Longstreet light tank

M40 Ridgway heavy tank (not to be confused with the M40 grenade)

M292A2 self propelled gun

I guess neither the films nor games had any use for tanks.

the_demigod

they'd be too overwhelming me thinks- look at what JUSt the APC can achieve...

SM

Tanks would be overwhelming for all of 5 minutes before Aliens swarm all over them, spill acid, then take them apart like they were made from tin foil.

SirYawnalot

Yeah exactly. The APC is designed to be heavily armoured to protect the troops inside, and have a fairly light weapon that could fire very rapidly to disperse groups of enemies quickly. Sounds ideal against bugs, eh? But read the novelisation to find out just how useful (or not) the APC was in Hadley's Hope's atmosphere processor. Now a tank, which would probably be less armoured and have a heavy but slow weapon, would stand even less of a chance against the bugs. They'd be pretty useless really.

razorback

what about some light tank armed with duel chain guns flame throwers, and a motion sensor with a range of 100m. also is remotely controled?

the_demigod

we're pushing it.

It appears that vehicles don't do any good against the aliens...

maybe against the Preds, but aliens simply overwhelm anything with their numbers

SirYawnalot

They wouldn't even be any good against Preds... cloaked Pred hides in tree, fires a plasmacaster round into the fuel chamber as they have a tendency to do with helicopters, and boom!

Snoopafella

how the fuel tank would be heavly armoured as it is a weak spot, only the russians were that stupid to have external fuel tanks.

SirYawnalot

#1: Russians aren't stupid. Some of my friends are Russian, they're a lot smarter than you or me.

#2: You seen what the plasmacaster did to Blain? His solid ribcage didn't even slow it down. The projectile would burn through the tank's hull just as easily as xenomorph molecular acid.

Snoopafella

i was talking about the russian t-72 tank and BMP and i wasn't calling the russian ppl stupid just there the design of the tanks and how do u know how intelligent i am, actually

[ This message was edited by: Snoopafella on 2002-05-09 16:39 ]

SirYawnalot

Your punctuation..? just kidding. Thought you were making a reference to the Predator book Cold War. Point is, both Predators and Aliens would make mincemeat of a tank. Nuff said.

Snoopafella

so what would u rather be, in a tank or on foot

[ This message was edited by: Snoopafella on 2002-05-09 17:06 ]

SirYawnalot

I'd rather be the Alien personally!

Snoopafella

personally i would rather be real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowDancer

Just a moot point snoopafella:

The russian MBT's external fuel tanks are just that; external fuel tanks that let them have a greater range, similar to what most fighter planes utilize. They do, of course, have armored internal fuel tanks, and drop the external ones before they enter a combat zone.

Oh, and I'll rather be snug inside an ALICE!

[ This message was edited by: ShadowDancer on 2002-05-19 20:30 ]

SirYawnalot

Pah, if Aliens, Preds and Exosuits were all real, even the Suit wouldn't stand a chance against any of them! 'tis just another example of how AvP2 wasn't designed to be realistic.

ELFY

True Alice would be fucked from the pred disk...

And what good would it be with aliens all over it?..not much me thinks!

alice would be better in a human war..

maby i'll try that on the pred levels!!!

Snoopafella

Quote:
The russian MBT's external fuel tanks are just that; external fuel tanks that let them have a greater range, similar to what most fighter planes utilize. They do, of course, have armored internal fuel tanks, and drop the external ones before they enter a combat zone.

what have you never heard of a ambush, tanks aren't always prepped for combat one stray LAW on the external fuel tank and boom, goodnight

the_demigod

please note that most tanks use DIESEL fuel and that bugger don't JUST explode....

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 320ad85a7635fd657347c76e3c9b42fc)