AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Sloffy Help!

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Sloffy Help!
Total Posts: 14

Artemis

i usually play as runner alien and i can frag most anybody but i need sometips on how 2 beat ultra lame smartgunners, minigunners, caster users and well u geddit help!

AlienSlof

I wrote this for AbsoluteAvP - try this and see if it helps: This covers tactics for Alien players only - I only really know tactics for aliens as that's all I play as! Here goes:

I only ever play as the alien, and I manage well enough even against auto targeting weapons, being spawn killed as a chestburster, etc. In most of the games I've played I can still run the other races ragged despite all their fancy weapons. Here are a few of the tactics I've used to dominate multiplayer games!

Successful alien play is all about making full use of its unique abilities - apart from launching an attack on a player below, I aliens should rarely touch the floor unless they absolutely have to. I can't stress this enough - USE THE WALLWALKING! Spend a lot of time on the ceilings in dark corners and ambush - many people I've played against are used to games where you don't need to look up, so often don't look for an attack coming from up there! I know it can be confusing to some people when running around all over the walls, practice offline running around a map without touching the floor!

Another tactic to use as alien is to sneak up on 2 antagonists duking it out, they are often so involved in their own fight they don't notice a creeping alien - it's a good way to get 2 kills in quick succession! Same goes for if you are a facehugger, remember you are small and fast, picking a target that is intent upon something else is a nice easy kill! Stealth is the alien's best weapon, after all, you have no ranged attack, and everything has to be up close and personal! Nothing more humiliating than rushing in on the ground only to die at your target's feet!

Sticking to walls just over doorways then as someone comes through, dropping onto them is a good way to pick up a headbite or two, especially on well populated maps. Make use too of the taunt key - aliens hiss, and it can mislead those hearing it, not to mention it's quite scary for non-alien players. A scared player will make mistakes in his panic! Make extensive use of ducts and vents, and know where escape routes are on the map - these are places you often can't be followed through - more of the map is available to you as an alien than any other species.

Using the pounce, not only for killing, but also for getting around the map, or making a fast escape is also useful. Used in conjunction with wallwalk you can leap quickly to ceilings and walls, even bounce from wall to wall as they did in Aliens. This I find confuses other players and makes them waste ammo. Another thing I noticed was you can break weapons, armour and health kits lying on the ground, denying them to the humans and preds!

And yes, the exosuits - 1 headbite will take them out completely! Only found this out by accident, when I cornered my friend in one and my inner jaws shot out!

I hope this is of help to you.

TIKI

*wonders about something*

SirYawnalot

Yup good tips, but remember Marines have motion trackers so any player with any experience will know if you're attempting to ambush them. If you're hanging around a door waiting for someone to come through, make sure you're slightly to one side (otherwise they'll know you're wallhanging above the door) and well above the ground (otherwise they might suspect you're a Pred and saturate the entrance with grenades), then when they use up their usual countermeasures and eventually come through the door (they WILL eventually: curiosity is such a shortcoming ), quickly strafe till you're right above them, drop and flail your claws on the way down so hopefully you'll do a much more damaging headshot. Against Preds if you try an ambush just make sure you're nowhere in their line of sight, because darkness isn't such a disadvantage to them as to humans.

I'd just like to add in my general combat tip, in case you get caught out in the open at range with nowhere to escape to. Slof's trick of wallwalk+pouncing from wall-to-wall is a great idea, but if the walls are too far between or you're just not confident enough with this maneuvre yet, just make sure you don't stay on the ground: pounce towards your enemy, if you miss then immediately perform a crouching leap into the air-- remember it's not just Preds who can do this. When you're on the ground again you should either be close enough to use your claws or have taken up enough time to do another pounce. Unless you're a Queen or Praetorian, stay crouched all the time so you can quickly perform crouching-leaps if someone launches a grenade your way. This general-combat technique works best with the PredAlien as it performs huge leaps and pounces, plus its pounce is almost impossible to intercept.

Artemis

wow guys thankz for the tips hav e2 go and tryem out, seee yyaaaaa....

Durandal

Minigun is not so lame

otherwise whoever uses it should win always vs every aliens

with mini u have slow movements

it's up to you ( alien ) sneak up the marine and use the walls and not only a straight ground attack

expecially if u r runner

if u keep running in circles round ya prey the marine can't turn and lock at u as fast as a runner can circle around him thus alowing u to attack him and mess with him. ( with minigun ) if they get a pulse good luck

experience, good aim ,. and motion tracker will fry the alien

Seikken53

**NOTE**
i dont play PH so none of my tips apply for that game...

i find slofs tips to have merit (by that im just say subtly AWESOME STUFF!!!!).. but there is one thing that an alien cannot face...

u know that secret room in DM alley? well on overrun as a marine or corp, rush to it (this only works with minigun...) and hide in a corner, go ahead and make the minigun spin with alt fire... u WANT them to come to you!

the space is small, no use wallwalking in there... and jagged enuff to make pouncing useless... and since there are only 3 entrances, and u get a heads up from ur tracker and the noise, any alien that comes in there is toast...

usually, the aliens would come to me last in there, and one at a time... idiots if you ask me.. but i racked up so many points doing this i almost laughed til i cried...

also, i have a remark, i HATE going on marine, alien and pred servers... i jsut HATE it! for one, too confusing,... two, i prefer to reinact the movies, and picture myself as one of those hapless marines..

i think marines and aliens need a sort of med kit like preds... it would make sense for a marine to have a first aid kit, and aliens natuarl first aid kit is to drool all over themselves

anyway... tips... on pred (my main man!) always always always, scare ur opponent! thats the only way to do it!

use the taunt, and yank out the spear gun and shoot him a couple of times (i only use spear gun, spear, remote bomb and net... and sometimes pistol if i have it)

i love to net people off ledges, and then pumping em full of spears when they land...

for aliens, hmm... the pistol does wonders.. stun em, then blast em to next month

aliens also underestimate the power of learning to duel (my clan requires to beat the leader in a duel... im now the leader... so im da best dueler ) crouch jumping is the key to out meleeing aliens, and the downward slash, tears thro thier lil tender necks... now queens and praes... stick with pistol and spear gun...

spear gun in head for the queen should down here quick, cause u can out manuever her in small spaces and such

exos... spear gun em to bits, and i dont find it cheap to use disc on an exo, u cant lock onto it... (pistol and remote bomb is nice too!)

also, you could just remote bomb everything... but where's thre creativity? unless u know a huge squad is coming and u set up a trap and slowly kill the survivors one by one...

thats my 10 cents...

Durandal

pistol vs alien is good but i'd never use stun VS runners nor drones, unless i get 4 runners/drones vs me at the same time but it's rarely that something like that happens
if i have to, i stun good predaliens and queens

TIKI

Yes usually on predaliens and queens good point

Seikken53

it takes practice, but the pistol is THE weapon for aliens... u need to hone ur twitch skills... and im my opinion, thats the only weapon that does really anything to aliens... unless you disc all day

SirYawnalot

Lol, what you talking about? It takes five minutes to become proficient with the pistol.

Plus, pretty much all the Pred weapons are useful against aliens, although the speargun and wristblades are only really much use in the hands of an extremely good player.

TIKI

Plasma rules on xenos lol

Slicer

slof your style of playing is outdated i tryed it, doesn't work. People these days have alot better 360 degree aim then when you played the multi universe

AlienSlof

Well, stop bloody asking me then, FFS! I don't play the damn game online anyway The same goes for those who PM me about IGI2 - I don't even play the goddamn game!

My main online game was Quake 3, not AvP.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || b53671c0074e27ca68be973804784b87)