AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

I may not be buying AvP2...

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: I may not be buying AvP2...
Total Posts: 3

Swiss

It genuinely looks awful, i know for a fact my PC could just about cope with average settings, but i played the demo with minimal interest, the water feature doesnt seem to have been used as much as i would have liked, multipayer is through GAMESPY which is the worst of them all, the welding torch gets little use in its debut and the levels have been accused of being easy. Co-op has gone, the modding community will flop and the weapons look like they were stolen from quake (bulky and unrealistic to the films)

Counter these reasons please, I am seriously putting thought into not buying this and just staying content with the original which was close to flawless.

ComeGetYaSome

First of all, I am your average joe blow user. The demo doesn't do the full version any credit. The atmospere, the effects, and the story line is much better than the first one in my opinion. I found myself going through the missions and story on easy in order to really enjoy the story.

I honed my skills on the multiplayer. In all honesty, if you don't play against other people, is it really a testament of how good you really are if you just beat the game on hard? -- Which I did with the first one on director's cut. It was pretty frustrating though.

I am a newbie when it comes to playing online against other people. --With the exception of star trek armada and avp2. However, this game rocks in multiplayer.

Long story short. It is a great game. If you're not as sure as I am you can always wait until the price goes down. That's good also because all the latest and greatest patches and fixes are available then.

the_demigod

Some info.

1. the demo's don't to shit to the game itself. They are trully un-representative of the gameplay.

2. True, the initial skill levels are easy but on 'hard' and above you will get slaughtered often. THEN it gets interesting.

3. I cannot really comment on the MP mode since I'm a SP sneak freak and have a 56kcrapthingy.

4. The storylines are engaging enough for you to GET the game, so are the monsters.

In all honesty I found myself moving from my love of Alien in AvPI to Predator in AvPII.

the Marine is as always a simple FPS, but the other two are VASTLY improved compared to AvPI

One thing I didn't place in the review was my private question: why NOT give SP mode the option to play WY?????? a foureth storyline could easily blend the main 3, prioviding a binding force that would take the game to ANOTHER level altogether.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 9fe29cbf89b8f5bacc026477d2f80aad)