AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

internet madness

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: internet madness
Total Posts: 24

leichaolan

When I join an internet game, either my loading screen never finishes, or I start the level and everyone else is running in place doing nothing. When I TAB to check my ping, it is usually under 200. When I look at the "time remaining counter" it is frozen. I can move around, but I cannot hurt anyone or pick up items. Happens very often and rarely solves itself. This is under Win XP. When I try it in 98 (on the exact same machine) the problem is still there but to a much lesser extent. Otherwise, running on XP is near perfect. I don't think it's my connection since I've got cable and my downloads are just fine and I can run NOLF multiplayer no problem. My frame rates are even better. Here are my specs.

AMD Athlon 750

VIA kt 133 mainboard

hercules gamesurround fortissimo II sound card

geforce2 mx400

Windows XP

DX8.1

latest nvidia drivers (21.83 for win XP i think)

latest hercules drivers for win xp

Thanks for reading this long, long post.

Hicks

Have you installed the patch released by Sierra? Isn't it suppose to address the multiplayer problems that were present in the demo as well?

P.S. Where in Ontario are you from? I'm in The Nation's Captial!

[ This message was edited by: Hicks on 2001-11-22 08:17 ]

leichaolan

Yep. That patch does nothing. NOTHING!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! Dude, I live in Markham. We're neighbors!!!!! We have a game one day.

Hicks

Well, I wouldn't exactly say we're neighbours, Markham's got to be a 4 plus hour drive from Ottawa, no?

If you've got the origional AvP I'd be all up for a little multiplayer action, as unfortunately I don't have AvP 2 and probably won't get it until I upgrade my pc, which won't happen until I graduate.

[ This message was edited by: Hicks on 2001-11-22 11:31 ]

leichaolan

Given how big this country is, I still think we're neighbors. Anyways, I'm running XP and it doens't agree with avp gold, but I might install avp gold on my 98 hard drive for some classic gaming....

the_demigod

I know some countries where you LEAVE THEM after a 2 hour drive.......

Hicks

That's one of the nice things about Europe though, you can see and do a lot in a short amount of time. A friend of mine moved to the UK (first London, now Edinburough) about a year and a half ago, and has been all over the place. He loves it, but misses home.

As for Canada, Ontario itself is huge. From here in Ottawa to where my girlfriend is from in Timmins (yes that is where Shania Twain is from, I know!), it's an 8-10 hour drive. And that's staying inside of Ontario the whole time. It's a gorgeous province with sooooo much wilderness. Especially Northern Ontario (the Timmins area). So ya, if you look at it that way, I guess leichaolan and I ARE neighbours.

leichaolan:

Now, I don't have AvP Gold, so could we still play if you were running Gold and I wasn't?

Btw, has anyone seen the price on RAM lately?! You can get 256 Megs of PC133 168 Pin RAM for like $30! (that's Canadian dollars of course, which are worth about as much as a Mexican pesos right now ). Anyway, I think I may invest.

[ This message was edited by: Hicks on 2001-11-22 17:51 ]

strider68744

hey, man! I live in Scaroborough, right next to Steeles ave, and Warden! yo, we're neighbors...

the_demigod

I don't think that AvP Gold and normal can coexist....

Terrorfarmer

no they can't, however, avp regular and avp gold are at a very low price and you can install avp1 on a zillion pc's legally cuz you don't need the cd that's something i love about avp.

the_demigod

I bet Fox and Rebellion were happy about that....

TomM

u can see it now. All the cash that they could have got if they made sure you needed the CD

Cliff

Well I like the fact that you don't need a cd and my friends feel the same way.

Swiss

Dont play AvP2 online.

Ever.

Cliff

And why not Swiss?

the_demigod

cause the online protocols suck

Cliff

Don't you this hate online protocols.

Terrorfarmer

i did play avp2 online for a while..... but i'm just too fucking frutrated that my alien drone can't even chase a marine because of it's slow speed.... very irritating..... and the pounce doesn't work that effective cuz of my lag

Cliff

Damn I almost feel glad that I haven't played AvP2 online.

Dan

How can you not like AVP2 online, it's the best, I kick ass at it, I don't know what my Ping is, but it rocks, it runs like a beast, and I run it on my laptop, specs:

Duron 800

128mb

14.1 inch

dvd

15 gb hardrive(s)

As you can see, not the best specs, but it runs perfect.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || eaf997241cb5bc172a6c989de92d87ec)