AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

MY non-official review

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: MY non-official review
Total Posts: 3

Swiss

im too lazy to use the actual review system, so here goes.

Aliens Versus Predator 2 was worth buying for the alien missions only. Marine is a nice, rather bland shooter, Predator is no challenge to someone who has been playing games for years, even on the hardest settings, but the alien... ooh boy, everything's so much more enjoyable, easier typically and the predators seem to turn up very rarely. Its a blood bath!

Alice sucks major arse, in answer to Demi's question "who would win out of a powerloader and a M.A.X?" the answer is clear, Alice is an armed Powerloader and however nice she looks, she is blatently the most dull unoriginal use of firepower for the marines ever AND they ripped off the M.A.X/Demi's ideas.

There was a lot of blood which was pleasing to the eye, but much less in the predator than expected, his cheesy laugh every time he beheaded someone was irritating and was only broken up by a single other soundbite. The speargun was enjoyable, so was the spear itself, disc was lame and rightfully so considering it was a cowards weapon in the first place. The energy recovery, although realistic, removed a large amount of skill seeing as there were large portions of levels where you could just hide and reheal yourself, even though it became SLIGHTLY harder in the higher skill levels.

Multiplayer. The BIGGEST flaw in the game, its pure shit, jesus was i disappointed, i didn't think i was gonna buy an unreal tournament clone for multiplayer with a few varied functions, but i did, its totally lame and makes even the fabled "bad" MP from the original seem great (even though it WAS great)

What else... oh yeah, custom levels, i'll be making myself one of those with lots of marine cannon fodder for me to plough down as an alien...

The graphics were nice enough on my PC, a little bit lame due to me needing it to run on mainly minimum settings, although i reckon i can clock it up a few notches...

overall, im not going to give it a score because its such a bizarrely interesting game, with MASSIVE flaws and a few pleasant up bits, minimal replayability and a lousy multiplayer.

Dont buy it, instead, download it or nick a copy off your friends. The game is worth

the_demigod

would Monsieur like me to copy and paste the thing into "reviews".........................??

Swiss

Quote:

On 2001-11-26 16:16, the_demigod wrote:

would Monsieur like me to copy and paste the thing into "reviews".........................??

no, the psychological laziness of posting it here is symbolic of mankind's struggle against the aliens being one of "can't be arsed-ness"

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || e6335eb335c716313dc879ff7f62e616)