AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

avp2 online

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: avp2 online
Total Posts: 6

evil_turtle

hi im new here and i bought avp2 on dec.27 28 and yesterday i went online with gamespy arcade and i was very dissapointed. I am because i am always human any game i go into im human and when i press f1 i still can not change. I also am because it does not tell you the specs of the game and the load times are enourmous. I have a 56k so i dont know what its like on dsl but on 56k it takes like 2-4 mins jus to load the game and then most of the time you lag out after 5 minutes. i think they should add a setup screen and then once the game is started know one else can join because i go into a game and dont know what specise i am (wich has always been human) and then it takes so long to load that im dead when the game pops up. This is what all game services i have [played have had: tells you what type and what you can be has a setup before starting and once started no1 else can join and i think avp2 with gamespy arcade should have this and make it a fun enjoyable short loading time.

Terrorfarmer

i got a 56K6 too but my loading time is about 10 to 20 sec. i think your comp is your problem.... but i'm not sure.... plz give me your system specs... perhaps i can tell where the problem lies. And i don't have problems with the f1 character changing system either...

evil_turtle

well i dont think its my system it is

amd atholon 1800+ (1.43ghhz)

512 ddr ram

40 gig hard drive

geforce2 mx pro 400 (64megs)

windows xp home

52x speed cd rom

and ive tried today and it was a bit better but now i have longer load times and less time outs and ive finally been able to select different species. i also get around a 42-46 k connection

Cougar

AvP2 was a game that was designed for relatively faster computers than the standard packard 300 processor... Which is why it requires a minimum of 8 meg graphics card! The internet however was not what they wanted. Because of the high graphics they realised that most players with a 56k connection are likely to lag a lot. Including if you have a high performance computer! It is not your computer, the modem you have is connected at 56k and if you are on a server with about 10-13 other people it tends to overrun your connection with infomation on the other players which causes you to time out because too much information is going into the modem and out for it to count. For the team change thing, you might be on a hunt dm. You can only change the team your on in Team DM, DM and so on...

--- Cougar

the_demigod

I hate to do this on my own site but............

Wolfenstein MP on 56k ROOOOOOOOCKS!!!!!!!!!

no lag shit, nothing...

strider68744

oh yes, how true... the game is amazing, even on 56k.

as for evil_turtle, simple. You have a slow connection... try playing in games that dont have so many players in them. 6 should be the MAX, that includes yourself. I'm on cable and it's great even with a full server.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 415838a9f47bb8d8dcfa2acbae8d38e8)