AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

1 of the best games for years

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: 1 of the best games for years
Total Posts: 21

nidge

ON pred campaign was stuck on escaping core ,thx to all ,i'm now on next level.I decided to give marine canpaign a go" f**king hell" i almost s**t myself ,100 times better than res evil games i like to play .Cannot wait to finish pred missions so i can start on marine ones.

the_demigod

weird. I always did Marine first to get the level layout and THEN do the monsters to have fun....

Dan

Bought AVP2 last Saturday, I played all 3 species to begin with but I think I will play the marine campaign right through then the predator then the alien just so that I don't get the story-lines mixed up.

When i'm the marine I shat my-self to, it's just so f**king scary

DLSBlade

Played avp2 for a couple of days, hated it, went back to it the other day and complete marine campaign in 2 evenings, alien in 1, pred in 1. WAY too easy, multiplayer is not good enough to keep me interested. A great disappointment. And what happened to developers claims of welding doors shut?

Cliff

Well I am borrowing my friends AvP2 and I am currently playing the Marines first then Aliens.

the_demigod

It seems the developers have given us welding OPEn doors rather tha shut...

Cliff

Yes, wouldn't that be interesting a bunch of aliens are behind you you run through a door and on the other end weld it shut.

AlienSlof

I started with alien, then pred, then marine, then did alien again, then pred, then alien twice more!

And I still like the alien best!

Terrorfarmer

die alien on normal

alien on hard

pred on normal

marine on normal

pred on hard

SirYawnalot

Or alternatively you could push a button and close the door the way it's meant to be closed...

i started with the Alien cos my experience of it in AvP1 was the easiest

Marine campaign's my favourite though (except for the beginning of the Pred campaign.. muhahaha)

Cougar

Yes, as in Aliens, they dont use welding torches to open a door, they used it to seal of doors!! ****duh****. Anyways, I think in AvP3 you should be able to weld a door shut so that the aliens have to bash through it. And the motion tracker should be a part of the "equipment" as wherever you are, you have it . Plus you dont get InfraRed as marines .

Terrorfarmer

well... didn't found alien "easyest" in avp1 but it was the most relaxing.... as aliens are the most frightening enemies in the game.... and you have none cuz ur an alien urself

SirYawnalot

Hmm i think i heard of this mod being made where one of the aliens' new moves is to bash open doors, and humans can weld doors shut... looks like an interesting mod, i'd give you a link if i could remember what it was o_O

Yea, actually the main reason i found the Alien campaign easiest in AvP1 was cos you didn't have to fight any aliens, lol..

the_demigod

give the modding community some time... although the explosion in terms of levels, new community entrants and sites NEVER happened.

Cougar

The AXP:Siege mod that was recently added to Planet AvP and here at AvP2 DoT NeT looks good to me - I am looking forward to it. Modding is something not easy to master and I can't wait to see what the future for skinning, modding and stuff holds for AvP2. Maybe someone will make some models for marines from the films? I noticed in AvP there were some skins for the marines that change them to Ferro, Vasquez, Dietrique from Aliens. They even had DutcH!

SirYawnalot

They weren't very good though... mainly because it's very difficult to map photo-realistic faces onto the default models-- and there was no model editor for AvP to allow modders to change the actual contours of the face. Most weirdly of all, there wasn't actually a female marine model so Vasquez got skinned onto the default male marine!!!

Eradicator already released a Dutch skin for Harrison in AvP2, it's pretty decent. However I don't think multiplayer mods will be making much of an appearance because if you run the game with a mod you can only join servers with that specific mod... that's a problem with AXP, there are so many versions that even if you can find an AXP server they're usually running a different version so you can't join.

I don't see the AvP2 mod scene taking off very high unless Monolith make some pretty major engine alterations in an expansion pack.

Cougar

Where did u see the Dutch skin? (I am the new line of skin reviewers -- which means god help the skinning people)

SirYawnalot

It's at www.avp2files.com but it was rezzed wrong, it explains how in one of the comments. Good luck with the reviewing!

Cougar

I was um.. joking but you probably realized that ... have you noticed a large activity drop lately, mate?

*PS: Cheers for the link *

SirYawnalot

Yup, seems to be just you, me and Demi making the conversation in the best topics round here at the moment! Mind you, I think the community does need a skin reviewer-- there's so many sites just posting every skin they receive, but I don't think any of them actually either give a detailed description or review...

I think avp2files.com went RIP a few months ago they haven't posted anything new for ages...

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || d60095f938e5e481542275fb8a120bb0)