AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

I was hopeing for scary queen

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: I was hopeing for scary queen
Total Posts: 17

nidge

What a letdown ,no where as near good enough as the queen in alien triology on playstation.Still will try marine missions now and see how story differs from pred missions.

Mariini

Liked more of a AvPs queen than AvP2s, bigger, throws stuff at you and really pissed off. Queen should use different tactics than droids, maybe use their tail or something special, not such a good enemy, i agree...

Who the fuck spoiled predators disk in AvP2? It is totally useless, slow piece of shit. And it doesn't even come back at you like it did in AvP. It would be an ultimate weapon in outside maps like the ones predator has in his first missions. But nooo...

"Let's screw this, and try something new now on AvP2 boyoz..."

So much good ideas in AvP, so much wasted opportunitied in AvP2...

Terrorfarmer

yeah.... the queen was more frightening in avp.... and in the marine campaign also more original..... that you had to blow her into the airlock

the_demigod

she could have at least carried a few facehuggers on her....

strider68744

hmm I didnt realize that it was a queen I killed until it was too late I was firing and firing like crazy, and I sorta got suspicious it was some kind of super alien! lol

you know... even if she wasnt so devastatingly deadly and difficult, think of it this way; she's a bigger, stronger, slower, and uglier alien than the drones... thats all!

Mariini

She looks too much like a praetorian...

Terrorfarmer

hmm yeah.... I don't know how u think... but in my opinion the queen in avp2 looks somewhat fake..... just as the preatorians..... that was way better in avp1

murtaugh

True, most true.

Iwas really dissappointed too, even worse was the majorly armed rykov after the mother. Really an anti-climax. So easy...

Terrorfarmer

aha murtaugh.... ook nederlands....

Cliff

Well I'm still trying to get to the queen can't wait to kill me some queen.

Terrorfarmer

well... i can only say that she'll be a big disappointment..... you can kill her very easily.... ok playing as the marine she did prove some challenge... but well..... which stupid creature lays all sorts of marine weapons in her arena..... i don't understand the connexion..... and i think it was way cooler in avp1 to blow her into the airlock

Cliff

Geuss they thought it would be better to kill the queen instead of getting ride of her in a more interesting way.

SirYawnalot

Who the hell just said the Queen in AvP2 is easy to kill?!?!?! On Hard level as the Pred I had to pore all my ammo for every gun into the Queen TWICE (Energy Sifted to get more pistol shots) to drop her. Hardcore was about 3 times my ammo... plus, she's a lot faster than her AvP1 counterpart, i remember you could run in a circle around the AvP1 queen shooting her because her turning speed was so slow..

Still, the Marine way of dealing with the Queen in AvP1 was definitely the coolest final battle in both games. Still, it would be better to have a multi-part final boss, with the Queen first attached to her egg sac, calling upon her Praetorians to attack you, then detaching and chasing you around until you squash her under a door or something (ala AvP: Prey)

Plus dunno if anyone else noticed but I found it really difficult to tell the difference between the AvP2 Praetorians and Queen...

CorporalHicks

I loved the Queen in the playstation version too Nidge. Glossy and funny looking when you got up close and personal with a shotgun or M41A pulse rifle. Some of the levels with her were kinda funny and her being unable to enter the large tunnels on the last level of Alien triology is downright hilarious. I hope the queen looks even cooler in the playstation2 with Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Ah... be still my beating heart...

If anyone thinks the Queens in the computer and game console games are wierd or stupid, has anyone played the arcade version of "Aliens"? Wierd... Especially that large alien queen lookalike that moves left to right very fast spitting balls of acid at you. At least, that's what I'm HOPING they were...

DLSBlade

Where there actually any Praetorians in the Marine missions (of course there must have been)? I just seemed to plough through everything with the smart gun, they all look alike

And when i thought i'd finally got to a Praetorian...it was the queen. Disappointing

SirYawnalot

unless you were ploughing through the game on Easy, the Praetorians are pretty noticeable.. mainly due to their almost complete resistance to smartgun fire

Cougar

Well... as you leave the POC to the hive in the drop ship tomiko gets from the Verloc, you need to kill a Praetorien then. The queen's model on the marine campaign IS a praetoriens!!! What a let down, way to small i think, they are only like, double a drone to me. The alien trilogy ones were hard to kill even with fucking grens but still, it looked much better to the one in avp2. I was hoping myself, for a big mother fucker, surrounded by eggs and who god knows what, original, but better than a bloody drone but twice the size!!

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 240595ca00f08e1cb743586b7a9ae049)