AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Too dark to play. No Gamma settings?

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Too dark to play. No Gamma settings?
Total Posts: 7

Stoney

Hi all. I just got the game and sat down ready to spend all day playing this beauty. Unfortunately, the game is so dark, that It is virtually unplayable. There is no gamma/brightness setting inside the game and the only gamma reference in the autoexec.cfg changes nothing. Is there a way to boost the gamma any higher? Thank you for your help

BTW- I expected the game to be dark, but also expected it to be playable. I've played around with the monitor and GF2 settings, but nothing has really helped.

partial specs:

P3-1Ghz 512MB

GF2/64MB -latest Detonator drivers

headache from strained eyes

Stoney

Never mind, I fixed it. Basically I have to tweak my settings on the geforce before I pla each time but it is well worth it. Before the tweak I could see nothing except what the lamp shone directly upon. Now I don't really need the lamp at all. The game is actually quite pretty with good lighting. Sorry to bother ya with something I finally figured out for myself. They could have added a brightness/gamma slider ingame to make things easier on folks though

Terrorfarmer

no problem

SuNK1LLeR

Its supposed to be dark so u get more scared u fucking chicken nothing personal but i dont think u should play if u cant stand the dark.

P.S. im not acting mean just annoyed.

DLSBlade

The reason they didnt add a gamma slider is so that people DONT slide it to full so all the dark patches appear gray (IE so you can see any nasty little surprises lurking there...)

This is a popular Counter-Strike tactic, so that you can see in the dark, and it doesn't really affect the light areas of a level.

Apone

Well, dark as it is....it's still great...

esp the marine campaign......

Mad_Max_RW

There's a cheat ingame which allows you to tweak the brightness.

mplightscale

Forward, back, jump, and maybe something else are used in configuration

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || d53c8f11a2b2313945fe0ab32b739e2d)