AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

new AVP2 patch

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: new AVP2 patch
Total Posts: 15

Terrorfarmer

all ppl who have avp2 listen to this.... there's a new patch!!! it's great.... you can play as the queen when you kill between 1 and 10 enemies (depending on the server) and you can step into a exo suit...

SirYawnalot

Yea, it's well good, but of course i have complaints (don't i always?)

1. It's too bloody hard for an alien to kill an exosuit. Including a Queen if the range is far away enough...

2. Certain server admins make Queens spawn after something like 6 frags, while there are about 10 exosuits in the level... somewhat poor odds for us poor bugs eh? And when I complained, I got booted... this seems to happen a lot to me lately

Terrorfarmer

oh well.... though i was making this post as if i'm so cheered up by this patch actually i wasn't.... don't play avp2 online anymore so....

and if that balancing problem you say is correct... then avp2 would lose a lot of players

SirYawnalot

well it's really up to the server admins to decide how to balance the exosuits and Queen morphing. Although pointing out to admins that the rules of their servers are stupid doesn't help... as my 2 bootings from different servers today could prove

It's loads of fun being a Queen though.

Plus, exosuits are very vulnerable to other humans in particular, and probably Preds too, but I haven't seen any Pred on Exosuit combat yet.. or Pred on Queen for that matter. Odd.

[ This message was edited by: SirYawnalot on 2002-02-20 17:01 ]

the_demigod

I know its sacreliege on my own AvP site, but I've uninstalled AvP2 completely.

Personally I think that the game failed its hype and did not result in the resurrection of the community.

SirYawnalot

Well everyone I've shown AvP2 to loved it, the same people who a couple of years ago weren't even slightly attracted to AvP1. Plus, if you don't do multiplayer, you're bound to come to that conclusion

SirYawnalot

Just played a few more games with the new patch, and (as long as the server has a good balance between exosuits and queens - 2 suits & 4 molts to Queen being my recommendation) the Queen and Exosuit are actually pretty well balanced. Both have bloody good armour, but can't heal themselves. The Exosuit has heartstopping ranged firepower, but at close range the Queen can mangle even an exosuit in seconds.

Plus, I took down several exosuits as a regular PredAlien today, so it's not just Queens that can take em down

hmm, well that was a pretty pointless post

Cougar

Queens!! ... I got the patch yesterday, most of the servers I play on havn't upgraded to 1904 yet though, . Hopefully jolt can "jolt" to an upgrade, hehe. If you think that your post was pointless, look at this one!!! lol.

The game has a better atmosphere to it now, since it used to be that predators owned when they used the auto aiming non-stop, now the marines have more armour and weaponry, and the aliens used to get slautered from long range sniper rifles and stuff... they still can but anyways, queen has got to be cool!! .

Anyway... I wonder if there is a difference between the two different versions that Sierra have released, are there two? I am a bit confused, as yesterday when I went to use the AvP2 Sierra download program thing, it said: 1.9.0.4 - 1 ---or--- 1.9.0.4 - 3, or something like that anyways, answer anyone?

SirYawnalot

eww i hate the jolt TDM servers! who the hell would want to play on a Friendly Fire server? every time I do one of those pesky little aliens gets in my way just as i'm about to pounce a Marine, so not only does my pounce fall short, exposing me to the marine's gunfire, i've also killed some very angry person on my own team... on the subject of stupid server rules, I must point with all my fingers to Jolt. (good ping though)

In this thing in avpnews.com maybe I misread but it looked like they were planning on releasing another multiplayer mappack.. anyone wanna correct/fill me in on this?

Terrorfarmer

LOL.... i got the same pouncing friend problems.... but back to the exosuit thing... i haven't played it but i do know how powerfull the exosuit is... and i would say.... what chance do the other species make now?? flamethrower rox vs. alien kicking their ass in seconds.... marines have become strong... also a rocket launcher.... minigun like weapon and a powerfull laser..... what does stop the marine then? cuz you still get 25 point for killing a marine..... even in an exosuit... and preds didn't get any upgrades......

Hicks

Quote:

On 2002-02-20 17:00, the_demigod wrote:

Personally I think that the game failed its hype and did not result in the resurrection of the community.

Don't mind demi, he's hard to impress!

strider68744

Quote:

On 2002-02-20 17:00, the_demigod wrote:

sorry to hear that.. after reading that there's a patch, I'm just about to install the game again...

I'm sure its easy to balance... just lower the number of marines in the level if they use exosuits so much... although I know hardcore players will just own everyone's asses like bubba and his bitches... they can be:

A) kicked

B) kicked

C) flamed to death

D) turned into a solo marine, taking on hordes of aliens.

Cougar

Well... If the people you are playing with on a server and they are marines, I guess that if they have any idea of "skill" then they will attempt to just go on foot and leave the Exo-Suit for fun purposes and for the wussies, . I tried to get it yesterday but people either camp by it *smart idea though, i think, but also frustrating.* Or someone else has it and camps somewhere so enemies dont kill him!! .

SirYawnalot

I never go for the suits, cos it's so much fun when a player runs around in his exosuit thinking he "0wns", only to have several rounds of pulse rifle fire cap him before he can aim properly funnily an exosuit vs. a regular marine, given enough space, usually sees the one on foot as the victor. Preds can easily shoot the speargun in at the driver. And even PredAliens and Praetorians can mangle exosuits if they're very very lucky and aim high enuff.

Cougar

Basically though, the only defense mechanis, *hehe* an exo suit has is the laser when it is attacking at close range... maybe the flame thrower too, but anyways, at close range they can easily be destroyed, same with long range, but an Exo suit is best used for long range killing.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || a1b2b4bdc47505da03e125ceea5f98ea)