AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

My cd key

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: My cd key
Total Posts: 16

FullMetalJackass

I have been playing AvP2 multiplayer for a bit now, and tonight I discovered that somone took my cd key. I was wondering if somone you share some infinite wisdom and advise me on the best course of action. If someone knows where I can find a new one how to get mine back, without the hassel of sending in my cd, paying the 10 dollars and then waiting the year and a half to get another one back, that would be great. If you don't want to post you can email me at Calgar83@hotmail.com

Thanks for any help.

Hicks

Ah, yes, the old "someone stole my cd key".

Prezes

What the hell is going on!

For the last couple of days someone has been sending mail to me and demi asking for a CD key (they have also used this site's contact form)

Do you think we where born yesterday?

I know you got a rip-off copy, that you could not be bothered to buy the actual game.

So, NO! (to who ever keeps asking me)

If I give my code away:-

1) I will not be able to play online

(the developers have gone to allot of trouble to stop the illegal trade of this game)

2)I, and this site, will be liable to legal action, which will result in the site being closed, and me having to pay a lot of money.

P.S.

FullMetalJackass, if you really have lost your CD key, then as far as I know there is no other way.

immortal

Yes, but sometimes the CD key does get stolen, it rarely happens, but sometimes did, for example at my local LAN arena, i tried to play RTCW, and it said invalid CD Key, even though it was working just a few minutes ago. No one else could have got the Key, so obviously it conflicted with some Key gen, which was annoying!

Cougar

Someone told me about a sort of "spawn" thingy where if you buy a fake copy or somethiing like it, other people have the same thing with the same cd-key, this way only 1 person can play at a time, like a LAN but only 1 capable of playing.

the_demigod

Some thingy's:

1. I never trust these "I lost my CD key" stories. sorry.

2. The publisher provides options to such an "issue" and THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

3. By asking anyone else for THEIR CD key you'd be placing them in the same situation and thats SELFISH and unreasonable.

4. AvP2.net is a bit too public for DISCUSSIONS OF ANY OTHER METHODS. We ain't gonnna tolreate that.

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2002-02-22 14:25 ]

Chris

Buy from an actual retailer and NOT from a friend

Cougar

No offence, but usually the "old lost my cd-key" thing is just asking an invitation for someone to feel sorry for that person and share a new cd-key with the guy... I never gave out my cd-key, not even to my family!

DS_Blade

I am getting 2 new computers and INTENDED to play AvP2 on LAN, but with you guys saying you cannot have 2 poeple playing online w/ the same CD Kay I can get into trouble!? Why can't they make the game play on LAN with the same CD Kay if you bought it and using it in your personal home!? I Bought this damn game for $40.99 and to play against my brothers I have to get more!? That is bulls**t...

If you can use the same CD KEY w/LAN, please tell me. And The one who created the Furom [not the moderaters, FullMetalJackass] you are a dumbass if you can't buy a game from K-Mart or Wallmart but from a friend. Plus I think I have even been on GameSpy and you were asking around!? What if you get a 9 year old kid who plays sooo jolly everyday when he gets home from school and plays and you get him to give u ur key, HE CAN'T HAVE HIS JOLLIES ANYMORE!!!!

Huddson

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2002-05-22 13:15 ]

AlienSlof

Quote:

On 2002-04-20 01:38, DS_Blade wrote:

I am getting 2 new computers and INTENDED to play AvP2 on LAN, but with you guys saying you cannot have 2 poeple playing online w/ the same CD Kay I can get into trouble!?

DS_Blade - u don't need the CD key to play AvP2 on a LAN - I play at LANs all the time, often with ppl who have copied versions of games, CD keys r mostly for online play for the master servers to reference. The only time u even need the CD in is when the game starts up, so u can start up the server, give disk to other ppl on the LAN and so on for the purposes of that game. U would still not be able to play online with all the other LAN ppl tho.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and Huddson - instead of moaning in huge red caps about ppl not helping, why don't U offer some assistance?

the_demigod

all sorted then....

OO-Edds

well said slof. with big red text is some sort of bad mood newbie

[ This message was edited by: OO-Edds on 2002-05-22 13:22 ]

Cliff

Why do people use those big red text. Oh and what did Huddson say I always get here to late always to late. One more thing how did someone get your CD-Key FullMetalJackass (If they even stole it).

AlienSlof

Quote:

On 2002-05-22 15:15, Cliff wrote:

Why do people use those big red text.

Some ppl have an inferiority complex and a 'notice me, notice me' attitude

Deaderalien

I made my own cd key it worked i havent used it yet thought it is for moy brother

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 734f98d5f9467a0f56de86f0ff014145)