AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Weapons in AvP2

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Weapons in AvP2
Total Posts: 21

The_Cube

I can't see a thread about this so here goes...

What is your favorite weapon in AvP2 for each species, and why? I am interested in this. My favorite for marine is the smartgun, as I can't be bothered to aim for myself (lol), as pred it has to be the plasmacaster, as it is waaay cool, and seriously powerful. As alien... ummm, i've just realised that you don't get a choice... but I like the tail attack. I tail them, then headbite them. Haha! Ahem.

So, what about the rest of you people?

Cougar

Well...

As a marine I would go for the Flame Thrower, but only against aliens, then I would go for the shotgun against Predators, but overall:

--- Marine - Shotgun

--- Predator - Combi-Stick

--- Alien - Simple Claws

I like the profession of having, what people call: Hand to hand combat as an alien, its just that I would have the unfair advantage of my claws being awfully sharp, hehe. I prefer having fun with people byt running up behind them with the combi-stick and stabbing them, or cutting them in half...

And last but not least, I prefer to use the "awesome" power of the shotgun against my foes, I use normal rounds on the aliens, and armour piercing against Predators and the Praetorians, sometimes the Pred Alien, but you only encounter them once as a marine, and I don't think you ever do as a Predator.

SirYawnalot

well, just so long as your favourite wep isn't the flamer i'm fine with that ;P

As for mine....

Marine- EMP and Sniper Rifle combo. Requires a little skill to use effectively (more than the flamethrower anyway ), and when you get it right, it's game over man. Just be sure you're not trying to paralyse a human.

Predator- Every single one except the SC. They all have their uses! They're also *so* cool.

Alien- IS a weapon. I use all its attacks.

nice topic Cube =)

SirYawnalot

ARGH! you use the flamethrower! *points accusingly at Cougar*

FireBorn2001

Alien- Headbite

Pred-Combi Stick

Marine-Exosuit

With the alien one of my favorite things is to sneek out of a vent and head bite before they can see you. I just like the hand to hand feel of the combi stick for some reason. Anyone who has beten the marine campign you have to love the exo.

Cougar

Damn, this thread was hit as well by that crash we had a few weeks back now. Its a shame, we lost a lot of our post counts. If its not the hack we had its the crash? As I said before though - SYAL, I use the flamethrower for fun, but not much.

the_demigod

post counts can be resurrected. just post Ur demands in the relevant thread.

I'm a sniper freak myself [play as one in Ghost Recon, love it in H&D, etc] so the Pred's zooming tool and the spear gun are KING!!!

[ This message was edited by: the_demigod on 2002-04-13 12:28 ]

SirYawnalot

Shame the speargun isn't instant-hit anymore-- but there's a mod coming out soon (hopefully) that will fix this-- among other balancing errors.

WorldsMostVenom...

Feeel-thy Humans:Sniper rifle, hands down.

Pred:Speargun, with 2nd place going to da bomb.

Xeno:I like to pounce in the air, charge a tailwhip and bring it down right on top of them.

Also love a sneaky headbite from above...

Nothing, nothing is as satisfying as headbiting an exo.

Cougar

aliens... gotta love 'em

Yere

Marine: I love the smell of napalm in the morning--so the Flamethrower it is

Pred: The Disc. Man, how that thing CUTS!!!

Alien: Tail. Like to see them paralyzed, moving slowly, awaiting their death...

GOOSE

I AM THE WEAPON LARGER THAN LIFE AND TWICE AS UGLY WAAAHAAAAA HEH HEH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

wooshy

my marine weapon is the hand wielder nah really its the minigun 2 kill the aliens wiv.

& my predastor gun is the pistol cuz it kills the aliens.

& alien weapon is wen it dead !!! P.S if u didnt kno i h8 the bugs / xenomurphes/ aliens

wooshy

k i may have went a lil far on my lst thing bout aliens im jus sayin im not a big fan

AlienSlof

Awwwww - and I'm a sweet alien.....

Terrorfarmer

Marine: Pulse rifle/pulse grenade combo

Predator: Spear, SC

Alien: The acid of my dead body ... no just kidding... I usually do a pounch to damage/stun em and then run around them and tearing off all their clothes with my claws.... and once they're naked... I eat them limb by limb

AlienBait

Marine: Minigun for queens, Flamethrower, Sniper EMP combo for queens and preatorians, Normal Sniper, Smartgun for them pesky huggers bursters and runners, Rocket tracking for preds!, and pulsegun for drones.

Pred: I don't play.

Alien: All of their weapons.

Arteinis

For aliens...well...for aliens I'm not sure as my 56k modem isn't great when it comes to close up killing.

For preds,disc disc disc all the way,it looks nice and it can fit in your pocket,it can also be used as a can opener.

And for marines the flamer,useful for BBQing your lunch and for killing the aliens that interupt your BBQ.

WorldsMostVenom...

Come closer Wooshy...I wanna whisper something in your ear...

...and out the other side of your head.

PS--No, I'm not referring to the really icky scene in 'Scary Movie'. Just in case anyone asks...

Xenomorphmelt

For the marine, nothing, I MEAN NOTHING!, compares to the power of the pulse! The greatest rifle in existance come with handy explosive grenades, and it will kill anything. Bullets for the light stuff, grenades for the heavy, the pulse rifle reigns on high!

For the pred, gotta be the speargun and the combistick, none of that pussin' around with auto-tracking wuss weapons I say.

And for the aliens, I'm partial to the pounce and the claws .

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 0559f1b439a914f33aa59b008740274a)