AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Gaming Tips

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Gaming Tips
Total Posts: 6

DS_Blade

Need Hints on Single Player and Multiplayer.

SirYawnalot

Single-player-

If you can't seem to find the way out of an area, look for these things.

1. Concealed exit-- could be located in a corner of a room or obscured by an object. Very common in Alien missions. Scramble around until you find a way out, and use both vision modes (as an alien it's often hard to spot exits in Navigation mode (white) but easier in Hunt mode (normal), and vice versa).

2. Operating door / hackable panel / torchable lock-- both Preds and Marines can hack panels and open doors, but this happens mostly in Marine missions-- and it happens a *lot*. Look for something resembling a door, or a grate in the floor, and find some sort of control for the door or grate. Most common in the Forward Observation Pod levels.

3. Break something!-- More common in Alien missions, just attack objects or grates until you find one that breaks. Doesn't happen particularly often, and can be a bugger to spot.

4. Scripted sequence-- the level designers might have put in a sequence that's designed to take place when you trigger something-- press a button, walk to a certain spot, shoot something, kill something, etc. Interact with anything that can be interacted with in the ways listed above, and if you're jammy something might happen. Or more likely, something won't and you'll be stuck until you choose to resort in desperation to the final solution.

5. Cheat-- find a walkthrough, or use that ever-handy "ghost" cheat that lets you fly and walk through walls. Press enter, and then type: mpsixthsense and then press Enter again. You might want to turn on God mode too cos flying too far can lead to a painful and buggy death-- mpcanthurtme

Multiplayer-

1. Don't be lame. If you're a good player, and you want to show it, or even if you're not so good and need practise to become better, don't EVER resort to auto-aiming weapons! It will make you lazy, it will make everyone else leave the game (not as fun as it sounds, trust me), and when someone else auto-aims and you say "God! What an unskilled lamer! Can't the guy actually aim?!" then you will also become a hypocrite. Oh and using the flamethrower on aliens (except Praetorians) is considered unsporting. Only by using weapons that actually require you to aim will your aiming become better. And that's what makes a good player.

2. Pick your server rules wisely. If you're a human player and aren't too fond of invisible Predators sneaking up on you and knifing you from behind, you won't want to walk into one of the many Humans versus Predator servers out there. Likewise if you can't deal with the ultra speed of Aliens, go for a server with a low Alien player limit. There's lots of rules, get to know which ones you like, which you don't, and which you can bend to your favour.

3. Species. It may seem obvious but many people make bad choices about which species they play. If you're a Pred but you run around uncloaked gunning down your foes with the pistol and plasmacaster, you're better off being a human-- because humans are better equipped for it. Run-and-gun Pred versus run-and-gun Minigunner? As Blain would say... "Payback time." It often takes a while for you to discover which species is best, so even if you feel comfortable with, let's say, a Runner alien, try the other Alien classes and even the other species on offer, just to get a taste of what it's like to be different.

4. Join a team with terrible odds. For instance, if it's a game crawling with Aliens and Marines and Preds, but nobody seems to want to be a Corporate, go on, be bad. It may seem like essentially suiciding, but as every other player is a target, you can shoot anything that moves, so you'll often very quickly get an extremely impressive frag count-- and it will look even more impressive as you don't have any backup. Obviously if you're the only human in a server full of cloaked Preds, this probably won't be the best idea.

Herendthelesson

[ This message was edited by: SirYawnalot on 2002-04-20 04:46 ]

Terrorfarmer

just what i thought!

DS_Blade

Okay, just to say... I play with mpicu cheat alot and it isn't "noclip" mode, it is a 3rd person view.

Also, thanks for the online hint... I always use Marine but could never be in a game where it was just me, but I found one and my score was in 2nd with a 5:00 round on Team DM... 32!!!!

Thanks!

SirYawnalot

Excellent! Now you just try being the only corporate (with a minigun), and see how hard you can whoop the bastards!

Erk @ the cheat. Been a while since I've needed to use them! I'll go change it right away.

Artemis

Sir yawnalot im interested in your multiplayer tips and veiws i would like 2 learn more email me: numerals2002@yahoo.co.uk

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 1d68b9a9e786d12ae14e71e018a4eea8)