AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

cant ply multiplayer mode

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: cant ply multiplayer mode
Total Posts: 11

Darksonrizing

every time i trie to play mp i get disconnected.

i have pent.3 540mhz

128mb ram

nvniada blah blah tnt2 card

sblive suround

56k modem

im connected throug AOL

any help would be great

AlienSlof

And therein lies your problem - AOL

I'm not sure how good that is for gaming on. I'm not exactly sure, but I don't think AOL allows online gaming thru them, do they?

[ This message was edited by: AlienSlof on 2002-05-26 04:23 ]

SirYawnalot

What message do you get when you're disconnected?

(dunno about AOL.. whenever i get one of their discs thru the door i use it as a frisby )

Anise

Sloffy's right. AOL don't like you gaming through their system. I used to be with them until I got NTL home then on to Broadband. Part of AOL's 24/7 thing is that you don't chew up bandwith with streaming data (games). I might be wrong and it might have changed now but last year that was the case.

Anise.

Darksonrizing

the game gave me a message that read:

Authorization Error

WS_WSAEHOSTUNREACH

I have simmilar problems with mechworrior3

but have no problems with Starcraft online

Darksonrizing

would a lan game make any difference?

AlienSlof

No problem with LAN games, you don't even need a CD key for those. If you are playing on a LAN that has an internet connection, preferably broadband, then you should have no problem with all of the LAN players going online though that one connection.

hitman

HELP I GET THE SAME THING! WTF IS WS_WSAEHOSTUNREACH? I WANT TO PLAY COUNTER-STRIKE IT SAYS MY CD-KEY IS WORNG MY WONID IS NOT CONNECTING AND I CANT CONNECT TO VALVE! HELP!dave_goyette@hotmail.com IF YOU CAN HELP!
I NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADMIN-MOD (I CAN';T USE IT CUZ OF THE FUCKING WS_WSAEHOSTUNREACH!)

Prezes

I'm surprised that any games of yours worked over AOL. I was tolded that the ports on which AOL operated do not allow for on-line gaming...

The error seems to indicate that you could not connect/find the game server

Have you patched the game to the latest version?
Do you even get a server listing?

killadutch

I am having a similar problem with Battlefield 1942 however I do not have AOL. It just says "Error: Could not connect."

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

im with slof and anise on this onw steer clear of AOL. LAN is the best for it
M>P

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 7fe25558ab54e0f48b856c1da98867a3)