AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

avp2 error? flicking screen!!!

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: avp2 error? flicking screen!!!
Total Posts: 5

jtsang

i have bought the game and have tried to install on both of my com. both shows the same thing, which is a flicking screen everywhere. the game functions fine though. just that the screen keeps on flicking, and polygons are flying everywhere. sometimes i see marines missing arms and legs. or my own alien flying.

so i ask my friends to try on their computers, and it works fine on theirs. wtf!!!

i have all drivers updated. i dunno what's going on. pls help.

my first computer:

athlon xp1800

geforce4 mx440

msi kt3 ultra

512mb ddr ram

my second computer:

celeron1A

geforce2 pro

asus tuv4x

256mb sdram

SirYawnalot

A problem like that doesn't sound like something to do with the hardware... which version of Windows are you running? And which apps do you run at the same time as AvP2?

jtsang

i run win2k

i always close all applications before i start my games.

the only programs that are running are the ones that always run under windows.

i also have Avast virus scan, icq, kazaa, and popup killer opened when i play.

SirYawnalot

Okay I have WinME and I don't get the same problem, but it sounds like a couple of these apps might be causing it. I don't have Kazaa but I do have Morpheus which is fairly similar. I tried running it only once at the same time as AvP2, and I remember vaguely something went wrong, can't remember what though. It might be a good idea to shut down Kazaa and Popup Killer before you start AvP2.

jtsang

i found the solution finally

it's my win2k

after i installed win2k service pack 2, everything works fine now.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 6f53eaba6664607f551954c69f56d6ae)