AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Help wanted

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Help wanted
Total Posts: 3

Brooky

I posted this in the wrong forum so hopefully this is the best place. As i'm looking to setup my own AVP2 server

I know all about the networking guff however I want to set-up my own server I have the use of a pretty fat pipe (2MB) that can be used between 6pm and 8 am GMT and all of the weekend. However what I'm trying to find out is; is it better to do this under windows or linux; are the minimum specs differnet for the different platforms. Do I need to buy another copy of AVP2, how much RAM, what Processor, so in fact pretty much everything you need to know about setting up a game server max users for a CPU does AVP2 recognise dual processors etc?.

And finaly and this is pretty important, how do you stop cheets? As far as I can see, people using cheets really shaft the game play etc.. How do you stop this seeing the antics of [swissSK]diablo really got me thinking...

Any help gratefully accepted.. Brooky

FrostyX

Well the new update version 1.9.0.6 i think is supposed to help from hackers getting in but some ppl some time still get in!But its helped alot. All i can say if you see or hear ppl talking about something funny going on like somebody not being able to be killed i say just boot them!

FrostyX

Opps made a mistake its 1.0.9.6 version thats supposed to help!sry

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 37cf35f5ec07c77d70335373d53f94f3)