AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

game info

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: game info
Total Posts: 8

FrostyX

How do you get the skins to work when you go into a game??Last time I tried to get in a game it wouldnt let me in because it said game missing some resources any comments plz help asap

SirYawnalot

Which mods are you using? It takes more than just a skin to produce that error message (or it did before the latest patch-- I haven't played AvP2 since that one was released...).

FrostyX

well i tried to skins.The bloodyfrosty skin and a pred skin???

FrostyX

Will anyone help me before this thread goes away????????Does the server need to dwl the same skins for me to join with the same ones??

AlienSlof

I'm not sure exactly if it works the same way for AvP2 as it does on Quake 3 servers, but if the server is set to pure in Q3, then no custom skins will show at all, and also many cheats won't work either. I don't know for sure though, as I don't play AvP2 online. I also don't know what servers u play on. It might well be that the server needs to have the skins loaded too, though I think it being set pure is most likely.

If u r using a mod, then u and the server both have to be running the same version of the mod.

Hope this enlightens u a bit.

SirYawnalot

Nah, the LithTech engine's completely different to the Quake III engine. Before the patch came out, a player could load up as many skins and sounds as he/she liked, but the game would still run fine-- other players wouldn't be able to see the skins though, it's entirely clientside. Loading a mod actually changes the game resources, so having a mod running produces the message that Frosty's seeing. But as he's only got skins running, I don't see what's going on.

FrostyX

Exactally dont see why i shouldnt at least let me in although no one will see them???maybe i should re dwl them and try??? since the new patch came out??

FrostyX

Well i redid them and i got in this time but im the only one that saw it so that works for me lol!!!!

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 6ccf293c2c239a91df6e43c4cd4adfc8)