AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Bad to the bone players!

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Bad to the bone players!
Total Posts: 17

FrostyX

Hey all got any comments or tips on better pred,human,or alien fighting?And whats with these people saying that they can see you because the have high res. thats bull right?

AlienSlof

Why do u keep posting game topics in the movies section?

FrostyX

I dunno?How do i change it?

AlienSlof

U can't - 1 of us admins will have to do it.

Just keep an eye on what section u r in b4 posting.

FrostyX

ooo so thats why ok thx

Xenomorphmelt

High res makes the picture clearer so it would be easier to make you out. As far a being a better player, for marines, Use your motion tracker, it wasn't programmed into two games on accident. I find it to be a very useful tool. Use you Pulse rifle more often then other weapons, it is the best gun in the game because of its grenade launching feature. And don't run around so much, if you find a good spot safe from pred snipers, stay there and wait. Here's two all around tips for all three species, use your strafe buttons when you go around corners, that way you can be facing the direction you're turning, and use your team messaging to plan better attacks, it is a really good feature, and I am deeply sadened when I find hardly anyone using it. Some people don't even know it exists. Oh, Preds, the disk is a cheap weapon, and frequent use of the thing will earn you a bad reputation, in a real quick way. Well, that's all I can think of for now, hope it helps.

FrostyX

even at res they shouln't be able to see you!And about that finding a hideing spot bad idea.Because minute they find you and you don't see them off goes your head.I use the team msg and strafing..thats saved me i don't no how many times.Actually I've come to find that moving around a bit helpful!It loures the opposing foe to you and when they least expect it bam!

WorldsMostVenom...

I have for respect for disc-spammers than SC whores. At least the disc cant-rapid fire.

Gameplay for Aliens:

1:Keep moving. All the time. Unless you find a really good spot, which lacking long-range weapons, there aren't many.

2on't just bumrush people on the ground. USE THE FRICKIN WALLWALK. Its there for a reason.

3:At least make an attempt to stalk a MF before you make a lot of noise. Especially if you're a drone.

4:Crouch, and use the crouch-jump. Its a good method for dodging. You can also make use of the punce vertically, then come down with your tail.

5:YOU CAN HEADBITE EXOS!!!! DO IT! DO IT OFTEN!!!!!

FrostyX

You know discs and scs aren't that bad CUZ THEY ONLY GO 30

AlienSlof

All the whining is one of the reasons I don't play online, sometimes it passes into the realms of ridiculousness and out the other side! 'Don't use this weapon, or that tactic, Preds are cheating, Aliens are cheating, etc.' and other such nonsense! What's all that about then? The weapons and the species are there, what's wrong with using them? I only ever play at LAN parties where the idea is all about HAVING FUN, with no whinging.

I also only ever play as the alien, and I manage well enough even against auto targeting weapons, being spawn killed as a chestburster, etc. In most of the games I've played I can still run the other races ragged despite all their fancy weapons!

As WMVM said, successful alien play is all about making full use of its unique abilities - apart from when I've launched an attack on a player below me, I rarely touch the floor unless I absolutely have to. I spend a lot of my time on the ceilings - many people I play against are used to games where u don't need to look up, so often don't look for me up there! I'm lucky in that I always know exactly where I am, what way up I am....

Another tactic I use as Alien is creeping up on 2 antagonists duking it out, so involved in their own fight they don't notice me - I've often got 2 kills in quick succession like that!

And yes, the exosuits - 1 headbite will take them out completely! Only found this out by accident a week or 2 ago, when I cornered 1 and my jaws shot out!

And remember - it's only a game - have fun and don't whine!!!!

[ This message was edited by: AlienSlof on 2002-06-21 03:24 ]

WorldsMostVenom...

Word, Slof.

Incessant bitching is just as annoying as SKers or anything else. Sh*t talking as well. I know we got some younger kids on these games, but even then; Jeezus ppl, don;t take it so seriously.

FrostyX

Exactally why bother complaining its just a game!!!Nice tips slof ill have to try thoseTHX!!!SKers only spawn kill cuz they can't play and need the free kills or they are newbies and don't know so sometimes it doenst bother me sometimes it does.and the constant whining blah blah shutup!keep the good tips up really helping my gaming!

Jaglerz

Frosty,Xenomorphmelt.

Hi-Rez dont even come into seeing preds...i found out (with a cheat...yeah i know im cheap...BAD JAG!!) that pred eyes are gold glowing when you do the taunts and we can clearly see the pred when hes VERY near (Too near...) and when he shifts weapons..this is a tip... put out the music you got and LISTEN to the sound around you...alien wall-walking tickling..marine walk sound and pred weapon changing before using any kind of visual sight..that work if you have a least 3 speakers (i have 6 )

AlienSlof

Glad the tips help - here's another one:

Stick to walls just over doorways then as someone comes through, drop onto them - good way to pick up a headbite or 2

I only ever play as Alien, so I only know alien tactics.

FrostyX

Well thats new to me??Never seen their eyes glow gold maybe I gotta check inot that thank you!

FrostyX

Hey how do some ppl make a thread and it keeps going and going??????????AND I HOPE AVP3 HAS A PROGRAM TO STOP CHEATERS or avp3 will be just like avp2.......a hackers game!

WorldsMostVenom...

Also pretty easy to pick out the lazer-sight if you have any sort of tracking weapon equipped.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(US || 1167af1beca56d7f535b6789bfb668bb)