AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Squeak! Primal Hunt.

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Squeak! Primal Hunt.
Total Posts: 19

Anise

Whoa! Major frame rate deviations in Primal Hunt! As soon as aliens appear my frame rate goes through the floor! Squeaky-flamin'-squeak! Consider if you will, a GeForce 2 GTS, 328MB RAM, an Athlon 850 T-bird. IBM Deskstar hard drives. It shouldn't drop like that! AvP2 was ok. Mind you, it did start to stutter after I installed - now was it the anti-virus software (which is on auto file scan) or was it after the firewall was installed. Hmm, virus checker, I think. Or, my poor pute has so much crud on it now that it needs a clean re-install to get it back to squeaky (squeak-squeak) clean.

SirYawnalot

Must be the virus scanner... I don't see why, but when I look back, my AvP2 performed like magic when I first got my 2ghz, but after a while it got all funky. Must have been after Mr Norton had been fiddling around with my comp. It runs fine if you turn down the detail levels, but then everything just looks ugly. My Primal Hunt runs just the same as AvP2, if not slightly faster actually.

the_demigod

I can't comment cause we're STILL waiting for our "official" copy....

dvVIII

I'm in the same 'waiting' boat as the_demigod.

Anise

Squeak! It rocks! Well, I think it does. I've started off as Dungeap -sorry, Dunya. Aliens right from the off. Murderous little gits. I've lost count of the number of times I've croaked it. Cor! I won't put any spoilers about some of the more exotic creatures but I'm loving it!

As to my slowdown problem that was cured by reinstalling Windows and getting shot of the shite that had started to clog the system. I, erm, also got -cough- an MSI Turbo2 mobo with an Athlon XP2100+. Shifts like stink it does (oh yes, coupled together with an MSI GeForce 4 Ti4200). Dumped ME and stuck 98 back on.

Seikken53

what about those borrowing critters? or the bull thingy? or the chamelean giant muscular thing? those in there?

SirYawnalot

By playing Primal Hunt I've realised one of the key flaws in AvP2, which is the camera positioning... the aliens are never really scary because they look about half your size, despite their being a good deal taller in game terms. The way of fixing this is to have the Marine's eye-view camera lower down - the Queen's is actually relatively a few feet above her head - so everything looks bigger. And scarier.

Anyway, the burrowing wormy things are great! And they actually follow you... they're not like big living mines, they stalk you under the ground until you get to some rocks, just like the beasties in Tremors. Mucho kudos to Third Law.

Nealith

Is there any way to kill those things? I tried and tried, but they seem to be impossible to kill...they just retreat underground and then keep popping up again!

AlienSlof

Got a bit of a problem, dunno whether it's a bug or what, but on the last human mission, there I am crawling around in these ducts, carefully trying not to get eaten by aliens around ever corner, and I've reached a bit where I think i'm supposed to climb up a ladder. Except I don't seem to cling to said ladder, instead plummeting to my death down this duct! Have I missed something important/gone the wrong way/found a bug? I can't seem to progress on, unless I cheat and I hate doing that...

Stupid feeble humans can't take a bit of a fall!

[ This message was edited by: AlienSlof on 2002-08-23 04:55 ]

SirYawnalot

Nope, I think they're pretty much invincible. You just have to watch that motion tracker and keep away from the ghost readings...

Slof, I think you've encountered... a BUG! *shrieks*

AlienSlof

Oh no!!!!! I might have to ...... CHEAT!!!!!!!!!

I so don't wanna do that!

Anise

I've not had that problem. I did find the human campaign rather short, though.

Hehehehe, more aliens to the square foot than I've ever seen! A few more and it would be (tongue firmly in cheek) of Serious Sam proportion. Actually, can you imagine surviving THAT many aliens! It wouldn't just be aliens around every corner it would be aliens on every brick and blade of grass. Ouch!

AlienSlof

I found the predalien campaign too short, but highly enjoyable! Alien is still my fave - just love being on walls and ceilings and eating ppl!

AlienSlof

\o/ yey!!! Done it! Didn't have to cheat either weyhey!

/me a happy alien

Seikken53

what... is primal hunt out already?

AlienSlof

Yep - been out a week already!

Seikken53

jeez... im too slow... curse school!

dvVIII

Yippee, I picked up our copy of PH yesterday (many thanks to our friends at Sierra/Vivendi...). Now if only the PC at home wasn't pooched...

Alien Hunter

lol bad luck, i had the smae problem, it pissed me off... i didnt want to cheat but, the game made me *sob* its not my fault *sob*

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 0017db7164991e109745daac73fab00f)