AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Aliens Vs. Predator Miniatures game

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Aliens Vs. Predator Miniatures game
Total Posts: 46

Nuthouse_Escapee

Hey folks, i'm making an Aliens Vs. Predator miniatures game! you know, like war hammer, battle tech, all those. its not my system though, its based on Dream Pod 9's system, called the Silhouette system (dont ask me why) you can find their web page at www.dp9.com
I also dont have any miniatures for this yet, as, well, none of them exist if i play it, i'll just mark whats what on a piece of paper or something! So far i have done the aliens, here they are! (their not perfect, nor are they complete or tested out, i have yet to try em!)

Alien Species For a Silhouette Based Aliens vs. Predator Miniatures Game

Types of Xenomorph:
Facehugger
Chestburster
Drone
Runner
Predalien
Praetorian
Queen
Empress

Facehugger

The Facehugger is the beginning of the alien lifecycle; it always starts with this larval form of Xenomorph. Being the beginning, this Xenomorph is incredibly simple, it has only two instincts: stay alive and find a viable host for implantation. To implant a host with an embryo, which later becomes a Chestburster, a Facehugger leaps at its prey and latches onto its face. Once attached it secretes a mild venom that paralyzes its victim, and sticks its ovipositor down the victim

Nuthouse_Escapee

Most of you are probably going "huh???" right about now, so heres an example of how this stuff comes into play:
A marine with a pulse rifle, and a gunnery skill of two six sided dice plus one, fires at a charging drone. The drone has an evade skill of two six sided dice, and the range is point blank, if the marine doesnt kill the drone THIS round, he's bug food the next ^_^. the marine rolls two d6 + 2 (the one bonus and the one bonus for point blank range), and the Drone rolls 2d6 + 0. the marine rolls a 6 and a 3, for a total of eight ( highest role + modifiers, wich are +2). The drone rolls a 3 and a 2, for a total of three. the marine beats the drone by a margin of success (MOS) of five, and the damage multiplyer on his pulse rifle is 8X, so he does eight times five points of damage for a total of 40 points of damage. the Drone's AV (armour value) is twelve, and the marine did it over three times that, for an Overkill. The Drone is smashed to itty bitty bits (sorry slof! ya lost another one ^_^). but in doing this, the marine gets sprayed with a sizeable bit of acid, since he was at point blank range. he did the alien 40 damage, so he then recieves that damage devided by four + five, for a total of 15 points of damage. the marine's AV is 15, so he recieves a light damage, bringing his AV down to 14, but not doing much else. if he recieves another light damage it becomes a heavy damage, taking two from his AV and if he gets two heavy damages ( heavy damage is when you score two times the target's AV in damage) he is dead. An overkill comes from dealing out three or more times the targets AV in damage.

This explain enough for now? if i missed anything important, give me a yell!

Nuthouse_Escapee

Here are the preds, like i said i would!

Predator Species For a Silhouette Based Aliens Vs. Predator Miniatures Game

Unblooded
Skilled
Blooded
Sniper
Leader

Unblooded
The Yautja are a predatory race

SM

Quote:
I also dont have any miniatures for this yet, as, well, none of them exist

Leading Edge produced metal Alien and Marine miniatures back in the late 1980's. Maybe you could track them down on eBay or something?

killadutch

swweeeeeeeet
cool idea *thumbs up*

Crazy Alien Lord

well i really hope nuthouse stays on this site for a while. with this as an example of his ideas we are looking at a great addition to this community in my oppinion. kick ass.
keep up doing things like this. hell maybe we can all send in acouple of dollars and get this game made.

A'hrisss

Hell yah!!! I'll go along with that.

Crazy Alien Lord

same here. although we need nuthouse to figure how much money it would be. and then if we do have to pay at all. and how much.
but hell we could pull this off.

TIKI

Lets beg for money

AlienSlof

Quote:

Leading Edge produced metal Alien and Marine miniatures back in the late 1980's. Maybe you could track them down on eBay or something?

Those do indeed appear on eBay from time to time, but they go for silly amounts of money - I know - I bought some for a mate's birthday!

Nuthouse_Escapee

Well, i'm deeply flattered realy . And i'm not a he, just so you people know! And if you people decide to pull this off, you'll have to do it without me :'(, 'cause my parents hate the internet and would go balistic if they found my stuff with my credit on it! and besides, we'd need dream pod 9's permision. Anyway, soon i'm testing out the stuff with my brother, i'll put the results up here . Thanks for all the support! (for a while there i thought nobody cared!). Oh, and does anybody know how i can get the pics up on this thread? cause like i said, i put pics of all the aliens (cept the empress, and if anybody has a good empress pic, e-mail it to me, k?) and a few preds, but none of em showed up .

Later i might even post the "quick start" rules from the heavy gear rule book, if enough people want me to!

ALNS, i have every intention of staying for as long as my mom and dad dont notice . And dont give me any money, i'd just buy a game cube or something

Nuthouse_Escapee

Cmon! you people seem interested, who wants to learn to play this game?? If nobody wants to, i wont post the quick start stuff, cause honestly, it'd be a long post!

Nuthouse_Escapee

Hey, i've finished the marines! well, part of em : insparation is dwindling, but i'll make it in the end =D!

Here are the first two Marines:

Grunt
The Grunt is the basic foot soldier of the marines, barely accepted into the corps. Armed with only a Pulse Rifle, a side arm, and his/her natural human ambition, the Grunt is a decent unit if used right. The Pulse Rifle is an over-under arrangement; with a gas powered (or was the electric??) automatic rifle that fires M309 10mm x 24mm bullets. On the bottom is a grenade launcher that fires M40 grenades that fly in a straight line and do not bounce, but explode upon impact. The Grunt also carries a M-4A4 pistol as his/her sidearm. The M-4A4 normally fires light, high velocity bullets that fragment on impact.

AV 15, MP 4/6, Maneuverability 0
M-41A Pulse Rifle (bullets) BR 2, Acc 0, Damage X8, ROF (Rate Of Fire) 2, 2/99 (two spare clips of ammo, ninety-nine rounds per clip).
M-41A Pulse Rifle (grenades) BR 2, Acc 0, Damage X12, 8 (eight grenades, no clips).
M-4A4 Pistol BR 1, Acc 0, Damage X6, 3/12

Smartgunner
The Smartgunner carries a powerful drum-fed M-56 Smartgun. The Smartgun

Nuthouse_Escapee

I'm almost done with the marines, and have tested out two of the aliens, the good ol one shot K.O. 'Hugger, and the good ol dependable Drone. The Facehugger was exactly what it was supposed to be, hard to hit, and hard to hit with! The drone however, left something to be desired. He died much to fast :'( one good shot from a plasma caster and *SPLORT* no more drone! So, i'm upgrading his AV to 15 ^_^. I'll have the marines posted by tomorow!

Crazy Alien Lord

learn some coding and make it a comp game.

SM

Yeah... Real simple...

Nuthouse, Daemos wrote an article about his idea for an AvP : RTS about a year ago and we posted it. Might I suggest you plan out the system for your minatures game and submit in a similar manner? Might be easier for people to read in one go rather than posts here and there. If you want to do this, write it up and e-mail it to sm@absoluteavp.com

TIKI

Whos daemos?

Nuthouse_Escapee

But it's easier to post here , and more people read the forums, less read the essays, and unlike the essays, this is a reality, at least for me. its not just imagination! And theres an avp rts coming out THIS MONTH. Its called Aliens Vs. Predator: Extinction. Give it a good ol search on the yahoo.

Nuthouse_Escapee

Ok, here are the full marines like i promised, and i keep most of my promises... well, tell yah what. lets not go into that!
HERE ARE THE MARINES. (as usual, they are yet to be tested, blah blah blah...)

Grunt
Smartgunner
Demolitions Officer
Fire Support
Pyrotechnician
Anti-Tank
Sniper

Grunt
The Grunt is the basic foot soldier of the marines, barely accepted into the corps. Armed with only a Pulse Rifle, a side arm, and his/her natural human ambition, the Grunt is a decent unit if used right. The Pulse Rifle is an over-under arrangement; with a gas powered (or was the electric??) automatic rifle that fires M309 10mm x 24mm bullets. On the bottom is a grenade launcher that fires M40 grenades that fly in a straight line and do not bounce, but explode upon impact. The Grunt also carries a M-4A4 pistol as his/her sidearm. The M-4A4 normally fires light, high velocity bullets that fragment on impact.

AV 15, MP 4/6, Maneuverability 0
M-41A Pulse Rifle (bullets) BR 2, Acc 0, Damage X8, ROF (Rate Of Fire) 2, 99/2 (two spare clips of ammo, ninety-nine rounds per clip).
M-41A Pulse Rifle (grenades) BR 2, Acc 0, Damage X12, 8 (eight grenades, no clips).
M-4A4 Pistol BR 1, Acc 0, Damage X6, 12/3

Smartgunner
The Smartgunner carries a powerful drum-fed M-56 Smartgun. The Smartgun

Nuthouse_Escapee

Oh, i forgot to tell yah, the reason that the marines have no perks/flaws is because, honestly, i couldnt think of any. if you have any ideas, post em here!

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 3c9dfab26d29edb429fedbf831d6ae82)