AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Yautja/Predator Home world what do YOU think??

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Yautja/Predator Home world what do YOU think??
Total Posts: 12

Da'Yeyinde

From what I have read from websites and from RPG related material, they say that Predators come from a jungle planet, because they like the heat.
Yah, But everytime they get wet, their equipment malfunctions. If they lived in a jungle, they would have a lot of water, because jungles are tropical. Humid and have lots of rain.

My belief is that they are either savannah or desert creatures.
Those would have the heat, but not a lot of moisture. Seasonal rains but long dry seasons.
Their skin is said to be either repitilian or amphibian. Also they have massive clawed feet, and clawed hands. Small eyes, but large tusks and smallish mouths. Clicking and roars, as well as other sounds make up their language.
Clawed feet can be used for digging, in their early evolution, same as hands.
Tusks, could be simply for battle, or a way of showing dominance. Like a mane on a lion, or the tusks on an elephant. Antlers on Moose, they rarely fight, because the bigger the antlers, the less likely the younger or smaller antlered ones are to fight.
You all have seen Predator and Predator 2, now think about how easily the Yautja climbed the tree.. Not too well, it flailed around. Yes it went from tree to tree easily by jumping, and stealth. But that is due to a lighter gravity on our earth.
Predator 2, again the creature had a problem with heights, and keeping its footing on a building.
People have used monkeys and Monkeys themselves have gone into buildings, from the outside, to steal things.
Those creatures are arboreal. IE they live in trees alot.

So my synopsis is this:
Yautja come from a rocky, savannah or high desert planet with a higher gravity than earth. Also they do not breathe oxygen. They are nocturnal predators who see in a different optic range than we humans.
They probably live in communities cut out of rock Or if savannah, they live near the trees at the edge of the plain.
They would not use their tusks for a killing bite, but probably use them in courtship rituals and as status symbols of dominance. As they have evolved, the tusks took on less of a meaning, and the ability to hunt, and bring back trophies took on more of a dominance. In their early days, the best hunters were the ones who brought back the most meat. Now they don't need meat, they bring back the best trophies.

What do you think???

Da Yeyinde

kuroikappa

It is very interesting and bleievable. I think you make a good point on the enviornment of their home planet.

Blackdawn_70631

Them living in a type of desert is something I always believed in as a kid, even my friend/writing partner agreed on it. Jungles are just too muggy.
Sandstorms and such from a desert's harsh weathers probally toughened there skin as well. Any creature can be big, but a powerfull hit from something, say a bullet, or heat source on a burning level will hurt any creature, but it doesn't the yautja.
In Predator 2 Harrigan pumped one bullet after another in the predator and it was only knocked out for a few minutes (which most likely was from the momentum of the fall combined with it's weight when the back of it's head smack onto the concrete). The second, whoever has read it, the three predators in the book Predator: Cold War had their backs pressed against a heat source that would of put a third degree burn on any human that touched it. This would probally be because their skin had been toughened through the many generations from harsh weathers.

CJ

i was just wondering, sence u seem to know so much about the predator, do u know how they reproduce? are they like humans when it comes to that, or...? and if they are like humans, do they have femals of their own species or do they mate with human women?

TheBlackCat

Humans evolved in a savanna area, and they are no where near as adept at climbing as Predators are. Also, Predators seem to specfically seek out high places, unlike humans who tend to stay on the ground as much as possible. If humans and Predators evolved in similar environments, you would assume they would choose to move around in the same manner, which they do not. I do disagreed with the jungle idea, for the same reason. I always felt, however, that predators evolved in a very mountainous region, where they would need to be effective at both climbing and level walking. That is why they generally seek out high places and are good at climbing relative to savanna-living species like humans, but are not as effective at climbing as exclusively tree-living species like monkeys.

That would also explain their resiliance. They would need to be protected against avalanches and falls from high places so they would need to be able to withstand powerful impacts, not to mention protection against cuts and scrapes from sharp rocks and physical strength to climb and move stones around. Small eyes with deep eyes sockets and heavy brow ridges would be less likely to get injured by falling rocks. The seemingly heavily reinforced plate of bone that makes up the top of their head also would be effective against falling rocks or hits to the head. If they lived in the desert you would expect that they would have nictitating memberanes (transparent second eyelids) and long eyelashes to protect against desert sand, which they do not have. Also, their large, open mouths that can't be completely closed and deep eye sockets would be perfect for trapping sand, something that would be bad for any desert species. However, folding their thick bony tusks over their mouth could protect the mouth and teeth from falling rocks and other impacts to their head. Infra-red vision would be effective in caves as well as at night. Claws on their hand and feet would make it much easier for them to get a grip on rocks when they are climbing.

Blackdawn_70631

Wow@ CJ. No one really knows for sure, but if you read the books carefully it shows there is a type of Sexual A to Sexual B intercourse (male on female).
In AvP: Prey Dachande was wanting to reach 80 suckers (kids) before the next season, now the season could mean the up coming season, mating season, or a season when they're allowed to mate. But it would most likely be a mated season.
Nat'ka'pu told one of his students he smelled of child bearer's musk, and that his betters would wish to mate with him. Then afterwards Nat'ka'pu thought about his wives back home that was stimulating to him. And back to the first book, Prey, Dachande finally found out Machiko was female after thinking the larger humans (the males) were the females, showing yautja females are the larger ones with a female's attributes. And reading that leads to children that are probally born the same way and does require food from the Mothers'.

hardkoreUSMC

Let me throw some science mumbo jumbo in this convo...

Being that they have high technology, their homeplanet "at one point" was probably as described above, but from the evolution of their technology, they probably terraformed it and changed it the way we are slowly changing our planet. Yes some of their equipment doesn't work in water, but some ours doesn't work either.

They adapted their technology accordingly, maybe they did in fact have a massive jungle planet. But i would like to think their planet has a wide variety of climates and so on.

Since their technology is so high, I'm quite sure they have "armies" and "fleets" to defend their own homeworlds with a centralized authority. The hunting rituals in my opinion is just a form of population control and order. They have to have scientists and what not developing these weapons and gear, because the average male more than likely would not be able to repair a jammed burner. That means that those scientists had to be educated some how; which equalls schools/colleges/ or some other forms of enlightenment.

What leaves me puzzled though is how come their bodies didn't adapt to space flight the way our bodies have gradually adapted to the Earth. In space, they would have lost use for their huge size and the barbaric traits. That denotes that they must have acquired their technology from an outside source. In space, a person would lose much of his legs and arms being that they are pretty much useless.

Just as the yautja have claws and such probably was at one point part of their evolution. If you can recall how humans started out with massive body hair and such, if you look now, we still retain some of those ancient traits (ie hair on your toes/ arms/ fingers, nipples on men). The yautja still retain theirs.

Da'Yeyinde

Black Dawn,
Just to throw another point out there. I like your rebuttal, and theroy about the mountains. I hadn't thought of that one.
But I don't think they are used to liquid water.
A good example of that is in Predator. Arnold is covered w/ mud hiding on a bank of the small lake or whatever body type of water.
The predator jumps down to find him. All you see is movement in the water, then fizzle, pop snap.. his cloaking device doesn't work. He looks at his hand and seems puzzled.
Like 'What the h*ll is going on here?!'
Perhaps, because they breathe a higher nitrogen/ methane(?) mix of atmosphere, the liquid on their planet IS NOT water.
With all the new discoveries being made. They have found rivers and lakes of liquid that is not water on the moons around Jupiter.
Just foood for thought.

Da'Yeyinde

TheBlackCat

Right, you are talking about Titan. However, Titan is extremely cold, no human could possibly surive there without a space suit and we all know the Predators require much more heat than humans. At the temperatures found on Titan methane liquifies. However, that would not occur in any environment that humans could survive in. It would either require very low temperatures (which Predators don't seem to like) or extremely high pressures (which would cause the predator to explode in our atmosphere).

It is possible, like hardkore said, that predator cloaking doesn't work in water simply because it can't work in water. However, even after thousands of years humans still have an instinctive attraction to plains like where we evolved. Just look at most parks. However, Predators seem to have no affinity for water or swamps even when their cloaking system is disabled. If they evolved in such an environment you think they would be attracted to similar environments on Earth. There is no evidence for that. You would think that when preparing for battle with Dutch towards the end of Predator he would choose the environment that is most comfortable in, the area that is most natural in, like how humans go to savanna-like parks to relax. If he evolved in a swamp, you would think he would be mucking around in the swamp area nearby. He wasn't using his cloaking system. Instead, he is in an extremely high tree with no sign of any swamp nearby, indicating this is the area most natural to him.

As for losing muscle mass and bone density in space, it would appear from AvP that the predator ships have artificial gravity. This would allow them to keep their muscle mass and bone density in deep space or in orbit.

hardkoreUSMC

Yeah, i would love to actually see CIVILLIZED Yautja

kuroikappa

that would be an interesitng sight.

hardkoreUSMC

*Dreams of a time when humans can visit yautja homeworlds WITHOUT the risk of being decapitated*

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 5bf3f768bddd96b3431142622b88cd25)