AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Marcinko Nogochi's BIG Mistake

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Marcinko Nogochi's BIG Mistake
Total Posts: 10

Da'Yeyinde

Okay I just re- read Alien vs Predator - WAR...
Where there is a lot of insight into Yautja culture, and where we learn alot about the language.
One must ask the question, Why do the Yautja Hate Nogochi so much?
Yes it could be that she is a human. And that she was Blooded by an elder.
BUT her biggest mistake is that when she did something wrong.. She went into a submissive posture.
From what I have read in the books. Only Un Blooded and Servants do that.
Yes she should have made amends or apologies as best she could.
But if a Blooded warrior goes into a submissive posture, even once. They will be considered pretty low on status and almost cowardly.
I truly believe that if she had not gone into a submissive posture. She would have had more respect from the clans on whose ship she found herself.

What is your take on this?

Da'Yeyinde

Prezes

Leaving out the ignorance of the writer...

She is a female of a different species. That has and will always set her apart.

She is also physically smaller and weaker; this makes the male predators very unsettled that they often perform worse in battle than she does.

Not to mention we often the prey of their hunts! ( ..and human females have often been sidelined as not worth pursuing during the hunt)

I guess this places her in a position were she has t often be submissive during normal activities as she then outclasses her predator fellows during the hunt.

I pose the question, why does she stay with the males? Why does she not begin to emulate the behaviour of the female predators?
Why does she not move into the other social structure?

Da'Yeyinde

Prezes,
In the books, and comic books, she never set foot on a planet. She lived 1 to 2 years with them, and besides waiting over 2 years for a Yautja ship in the first place.. a distress beacon had been sent off. She had been blooded by the hunt leader of the yautja she had first encountered.
By being blooded she had the right to hunt with the ship that landed to check out why a distress beacon had been sent in the first place.
Yes she outclassed them on hunts, but she also didn't follow along with the "rules". Their way of life and their hierchy, stated when the hunt leader told them to do something, or be at a certain spot when out on the hunt. If you left that spot, or failed in your duties such as being a rope holder on a captured queen.. Then you died. Marcinko Noguchi saved a hunter and helped salvage a capture attempt of a queen, but left her post by doing so. That branded her an "outsider", yet again in the minds and eyes of the yautja.
But being a blooded warrior, she shouldn't have had to bow and grovel like she did. But she did...
Makes ya wonder...

hardkoreUSMC

From reading all the shit they put her through, I'm proud to fly the AIM name "YautjaKillerUSMC" !! Ooh-Rah!

I agree with points from both of y'all, but I think that she should have (although her mindset was different), grabbed two burners and went dad-gone Rambo on them up close and personal; blowing open doorways and wasting all that oppose.

If the yautja only respect the man with the biggest balls...then Machiko had bigger balls than all those males. She should have gone to seek the females, that might have benifited her more (Being that I carry the same mentallity of Duke Nukem, I would be like "GOOD we found where they live! Get Some Marines, Get Some!!"

The second she stepped in the ship she had disposition against her; no doubt about that. Personally, I commend her for staying with it as long as she did...look how much SHE benifited.

hardkoreUSMC

Going back to the original question...should she have done a submissive posture? For the mission's sake..yes; so that it would get carried out.

Her BIG mistake is allowing all them to live to hunt human...

"I've Got Muder..On My...MIND!"

Death or Glory/ Six Feet Under

Da'Yeyinde

Kore,
She didn't go submissive for the sake of a mission.
She went into the posture after touching a young upcoming big name Hunt leader who had come aboard the "Shell" the ship she was on.
I think you are right about her seeking out the females of the Yautja. But the ship she was on never went to a planet with yautja living on it.

Oh well.
Good to have your opinion though.

Da'Yeyinde

hardkoreUSMC

lol, no, i didnt say SHE did it for the mission...but if you think about it that is what it came down to. She could have popped her cork and went medival on their asses. She could have done any number of things, but she played their little game.

Crazy Alien Lord

Machiko's biggest mistake was believing that the yaujta would behave like Da'chende (in the first book) had acted in the situation. The only reason why Da'chende (hopefully im right on his name, its been a while, if nothing else he was also called broken tusk) didnt kill Machiko was because there were bigger threats to his survival then her, and if he intended to survive or atleast go out honorable he could use a partner. All the other yautja had gone against their orders and broken tusk had to fight against them also. So it was merely the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing that connected machiko with the yautja at all. Her only experience with yautja was with unblooded teenage males being morons and a injured yautja who had bigger fish to fry. Her biggest mistake was then believing that other yautja would act like broken tusk had acted when he had larger targets. If anything she prolonged her life long enough inorder to do the honorable thing in the end by fighting for a few examples of humanity that were worth saving. Her submissions kept her alive. If she had not taken the crap she would ahve been beaten to death most likely. And if she went on a moronic rambo jaunt then the yautja would start respecting her more, and although the respect would be for her skills as a warrior and hunter, they would be more interested in respecting her in the way they respect an especially challenging prey.

Alien Lord

hardkoreUSMC

Quote:
Machiko's biggest mistake was believing that the yaujta would behave like Da'chende (in the first book) had acted in the situation. The only reason why Da'chende (hopefully im right on his name, its been a while, if nothing else he was also called broken tusk) didnt kill Machiko was because there were bigger threats to his survival then her, and if he intended to survive or atleast go out honorable he could use a partner. All the other yautja had gone against their orders and broken tusk had to fight against them also. So it was merely the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing that connected machiko with the yautja at all. Her only experience with yautja was with unblooded teenage males being morons and a injured yautja who had bigger fish to fry. Her biggest mistake was then believing that other yautja would act like broken tusk had acted when he had larger targets. If anything she prolonged her life long enough inorder to do the honorable thing in the end by fighting for a few examples of humanity that were worth saving. Her submissions kept her alive. If she had not taken the crap she would ahve been beaten to death most likely. And if she went on a moronic rambo jaunt then the yautja would start respecting her more, and although the respect would be for her skills as a warrior and hunter, they would be more interested in respecting her in the way they respect an especially challenging prey.

Alien Lord

Yeah, good point.

Although, I believe Dachande was forced into befriending Machiko through the fact that she had a magnum revolver to his head and he was bound by the midsection to the table. The alternative would be to attack and he potentially would have had his grey matter splatted all over the background. That, and the fact that they healed him struck made him consdier the facts that:
1. These monsters that healed me are not totally monsters...
2. They could help me...
3. They appear merciful
4. They are the enemy of my enemy

I agree with the moronic rambo jaunt (although it doesn't seem as moronic to me as; it just seems fittingly hard-charging.)

Another factor of how Dachande was different. I nearly cried when he died, because he was the most human of the yautja.

1. He displayed leadership that seemed very noble
2. He thought outside of the box and was open to new ideas
3. He was very humane (merciful)
4. He had larger priorities on his mind other than "Hunt, Kill, Sex," (repeat)
5. The fact he befriended Machiko struck a chord with me.

It is also my firm belief that a full sized platoon of hard charging Colonial Marines could have contained the threat on that planet. But that's just my opinion as a Devil-Pup.

hardkoreUSMC

lol, a few daisy cutters would also solve the problem on that planet too...

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || e89cb430846356e9261ef610e6c65579)