AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Alien and Predator Crossovers

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Alien and Predator Crossovers
Total Posts: 37

TheBlackCat

Oh, I didn't realize that. I thought he was owned by DH.

But whoever owns him wanted to kill him, I am sure DH could find a way to do it with aliens or predators

Cougar

The best cross-over sort of thing I have seen before is Predator-Strike (Counter-Strike and Predator cross-over) - here.

Nealith

I have to agree with everything that Blackcat said (especially the suckiness of the Predator/JLA crossover). Although they are there to make money, I don't begrudge them this...they're using that money to keep the Aliens and Predator series alive.

I'd also like to add a point of interest. I personally like to think that the Terminator should be included within the Aliens/Predator universe. There is the A/P/T comic, which as Blackcat stated, rocked. There are also the Pulse rifles seen in the start of one of the Terminator movies, which Cameron slipped in (and when you think about it...that gives Terminators as much right to exist in the Alien universe as Pred 2 gave Aliens the right to exist in the Predator universe). Finally, there is a funny little thing I noticed in a couple of issues of The Terminator comic (I believe it was "the enemy within", but I'm not positive at the moment). One of the main characters is a police officer, and there are at least two incidents where you see a wide pan of the police station. In both instances, there are cops dragging away a crazed individual (I'm not sure if it's the same guy both times) who is ranting and raving. The first time he shouts "It's coming for us...hunting us for sport!" and the next issue that you see him again, he's yelling "7 feet tall...and green, like a lizard!"

Nowhere on the cover or the credits is the Predator's name mentioned...it's just implied by Darkhorse. How's that for a crossover?

TheBlackCat

That's hilarious. I had never heard of that before. I wouldn't be suprised if dark horse did that a lot. I doubt fox would mind, either, its free publicity.

Cougar

- i should read the AvPvT comics more :/ Haven't seen one in ages though

SirYawnalot

Well I've only ever read the AvP: Prey and Hunter's Planet books (and the Prey comic, and most of the Aliens and Predator books, but that doesn't really matter), which were both rather crappy in my opinion... which is rather odd, but still.

I'd love it if the Terminator universe could be spliced into the AvP universe. Nealith's right, if a pulse rifle appeared in Terminator, it's enough reason to shove in the muscly mechanoid... the only problem is that both universes have views on the future, and both clash horrendously. Oh well, the AvP universe already has artificial people, so I suppose in a way I've got my wish

Anyway! AvPvStargate!! Your opinions! Again! Please!

[ This message was edited by: SirYawnalot on 2002-07-22 17:39 ]

Cougar

Quote:

On 2002-07-22 17:37, SirYawnalot wrote:

Nealith's right, if a pulse rifle appeared in Terminator, it's enough reason to shove in the muscly mechanoid...

[ This message was edited by: SirYawnalot on 2002-07-22 17:39 ]

A pulse-rifle was used in Terminator? Original or the Sequal?

Nealith

Not sure...I have a feeling it was the original, but then again, logic is telling me that the Original Terminator was made before Aliens, so that couldn't be... You'll have to check it out to be sure. I know there are some Terminator FAQs on the internet, and you might be able to find some James Cameron shrines as well.

As for the timeline, it can actually mesh pretty well. All the stuff in Predator occurs before Judgement day, so no problems there. Then we know that the Skynet war lasts until at least 2029 (which is when the Time travel devices were used) At the time the Resistance believed they were about to finish Skynet off, but according to the AvPvT comic Skynet manages to hold out until 2036 before finally being destroyed, and releasing the cryptoterminators. The events in Alien don't occure until 2122, so earth has plenty of time to recover from the war. It would also explain alot of things too. Johner describes earth as a "shithole", which could possibly because of the damage Skynet did to it. Also, if Skynet could develop time-travel and the T-1000, it would probably be able to invent FTL travel...or at least have developed the technology that would allow the victorious humans to create it after the war was over.

After a nuclear holocaust, the surviving humans would probably be all too eager to start colonizing other planets too...

Also, if the Comic could be taken as canon, then some Infiltrators survived, and have been establishing themselves in positions of power amongst the human populace. Is the similarity between "Cyberdyne" and "Hyperdyne" more then a coincidence? Perhaps the G2 synths ("machines built by machines") rebelled because some Terminators were able to affect their programming, hoping to raise an army against the humans again.

This is just a short list of some of the ideas I've been having while pondering this, but imagine what could be done in the hands of some talented writers.

SM

If one completely ignores the Alien universe timeline, Aliens vs Batman and Aliens vs Superman aren't bad reads. They're not great, but their not bad either.

I took one glance at Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator (which takes place sometime around 2381, btw), saw Ripley and Call in it, then ran screaming into the night. Did not want to go there at all.

But how about Aliens vs Predator vs Witchblade vs Darkness? Oi vey....

My local comic shop has a whiteboard where they write the weekly releases, and when they wrote the above title they added "...on the Titanic, in an Abyss"

Who says comic book guys don't have a sense of humour?

Some filmic crossovers that I think would work would be Outland, Event Horizon, Pitch Black (mainly 'cos all three are influenced by Alien), and possibly Blade Runner. Not that I'm eager to see such crossovers, but I think they'd all fit rather nicely in the same universe.

Nealith

Both Batman and Superman's encounters with the Aliens occur in the 20th century...what does either have to do with Alien timeline continuity?

You should give A/P/T another chance. I enjoyed the art, and loved the story. (only major beef is with the Predator's face art) They do a good job of capturing the likenesses of both Ripley 8 and Call.

The Witchblade Darkness Aliens predator books blew chunks. It broke a pretty big cardinal rule: combining a sci-fi series with a fantasy series. Flipping through it it only got stupider...Witchblade meets a female Predator (who is of course superior to the males in every way) and empathically communicates with her (because ALL females across the universe share the bonds of sisterhood). Meanwhile, one of the Darkness' "Darklings", a little imp made out of pure magic, is infected by a facehugger. A darkling-hybrid is born which can be summed up in the word RETARDED.

I agree with your assessments for the other crossover films SM...though I'll again add Terminator to the list, because I'm dying for a sequal to the first story.

Cougar

Maybe Johner refered to Earth as being a "Shit hole" because the crew of the betty aren't really wanted their?

If terminator was filmed before Aliens then maybe Cameron took the pulse-rifle from that film and used it in terminator instead.

AlienSlof

Quote:

On 2002-07-22 17:37, SirYawnalot wrote:

Anyway! AvPvStargate!! Your opinions! Again! Please!

You been sneaking around in my head again Sir Yawnalot?! I've been toying with this idea myself, either for a short story or a longer one - I'm a huge Stargate fan and have often wondered what would happen when parasite meets parasite! Might just be Aliens v Stargate though!

TheBlackCat

The problem with AvPvT is, if Alien takes place 100 years (more or less) after the end of skynet, don't you think people would remeber? Earth's population should still be recovering after a nuclear war and then a genocide carried out by the terminators. That means Ripley should remember skynet, which she obviously doesn't. I do not think the military could censor an entire generation. That means that in the AvPvT univererse is farther in the future. I don't recall an actual century date in any of the movies or comics, as far as I can remember it is only in the A CMTM? Please tell me if it is anywhere else.

It also does not mesh with AvP eternal, which appears to take place early in the 21th century (between 2015 and probably 2035), which would be during or directly after skynet's reign. Another thing to note is that predator: xenogenisis must take place between about 2050 and the alien movie, since there is almost certainly no colonization left but it has to take place at least 100 years after the beginning of the cold war. That would be a problem since according to P xenogenisis, there is no nuclear war. That means it either takes place long after Skynet (which would push the alien movies way into the future), or must exist in another universe. Also, I believe that AvPvT probably conflicts with A v WildCATS, too. Also, in AvP they Chigusu seems to discount the possibility of intelligent XT's in their literature, which may conflict with what a heard about the Daemonite war in AvWildcats (but that might not have been known to the publci, I don't know).

That means there are most likely 3 universes.

1) AvPvT, the movies (and comics of movies), book 1-3, newt's tale, and the DC crossovers or AvPvDarknessvWitchblade

2) P: xenogensis, AvP eternal, most likely AvP xenogenisis, the movies except resurrection, all the P, AvP, and A comics except AvPvT, A CMTM, and the DC crossovers or AvPvDvW.

3) AvWildcats, and the DC crossovers or AvPvDvW.

Corrections/additions/comments welcome. If there are any disagreements please say so.

P.S. Did you notice in AvP Deadlist of the Species, when Caryn Delcroix (or whatever the main human's name is) is looking at skulls in Big Momma's ship, one looks a lot like it is wearing a Batman mask and there is a hand that looks I think a lot like Wolvarine's, with the claws. Although I cannot say for sure, I think this might be an easter egg they put in. That along with naming two of the guys investigating the ship Bart and Homer.

[ This message was edited by: TheBlackCat on 2002-07-23 09:33 ]

SirYawnalot

I think Alien took place shortly before the turn of the next century if memory serves. SM's got a point on the population front, if mankind was so severely reduced then by 2090 or whenever, humans wouldn't be making journeys across the galaxy to ferry in ore, let alone have many colonised worlds. Android technology also seems pretty experimental in Alien, Ash is not only clumsily (and organically, it should be noted) constructed, he malfunctions too. Also the android industry would have gone completely bust after the SkyNet incident. And if you wish to take it into account, the info on the Alien DVD (according to SM, i don't have it myself..) clashes horribly with the Terminator timeline (such as it is after Terminator 2 screwed it to hell with a rubbish script).

Anyway I reckon Stargate and Predators would work pretty well... from what we see in the AvP book series (if they're taken into account... but I guess we are talking about comic crossovers here, so they probably should), they could complement the Goa'uld pretty well, in terms of technology as well as species mentality. And of course, alien larva + goa'uld parasite sharing the same chest = rather intriguing

Nealith

The date that I gave (2122) was taken from the Alien timeline webpage, which in turn has alot of it's information gathered from the Alien series DVDs.

Ash's construction makes sense...of course things like computer chips and metal would be a thing of the past, given Skynet. Humans would want something radically different, something almost as organic as themselves. After the Skynet war any artifical intelligence technology would undoubtedly be pushed back into the experimental stages. Otherwise, Ash would have been much less experimental by 2122 (according to current predicitions and estimates).

According to the comics, the military DID censor the war. I suspect they probably blamed it on Russia, who launched the missles at them. The scope of the Skynet war wasn't quite as big as the movies led one to believe. Skynet launched nukes at Russia, and they retaliated by firing back at America. This leaves plenty of room for people to survive. After any amount of destruction on that scale, information is bound to be lost in the shuffle. If Terminators and H/Ks were only in use in america (and according to the movies, that's all we can be sure of) who is going to have access to knowledge of the Terminators except the Americans?

Say you don't accept any of those theories. Say Ripley and the rest of the cast SHOULD remember Skynet, at least in the history books as stuff that happened before they were born. So what? Does Skynet get mentioned in any of the movies? is there anything that says Ripley doesn't remember the war? The only thing I can think of is Ripley being nervous around bishop, and even then Bishop states that the "new models" have programming preventing them from harming a human in any way. Almost as though he were expecting the question, because of a reputation Androids had achieved...

I haven't watched any of Stargate except the movie, but I'd say the predators would fit in well with that. The Aliens a little less, but they might be able to establish a decent hive on the desert wasteland planet.

SirYawnalot

Glad you're agreeing with me for once on the Stargate front

There really isn't any evidence in any of the films to point either way, but organically designed androids wouldn't stop them from being synths, and therefore in the public's opinion, evil. America looks upon Russians as evil because they sell weapons to people (hmm), so imagine how they'd react to synths laying waste to two countries. Judging from what we saw in the Terminator films, everyone knew what they were up against, so censoring would be nigh on impossible methinks. If the subsequent films were ignored, it could have been said that Ash was an illegally created synth, because laws would probably have been passed preventing the construction of free-thinking machines. But we're not gonna be doing that (), and Buerke and everyone else seemed to be pretty cool with an android being used in every mission.

My bad on the Alien timeline.

Cliff

Predator versus Stargate mmmm. Predators are stronger on the ground but I'm not to sure about their ship weapons but no one has ever seen a pred war ship.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || efc24a390c282840fa97fdabfd46e13c)