AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Sick Humor

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: Sick Humor
Total Posts: 30

CorporalHicks

I think Demigod's idea of only having registered people vote is an EXCELLANT idea. It really just sucks to have a story you're writing your heart out given lowscores by stupid people.

As for anyone who is interested, "A Tale to Tell" it should be re-uploaded soon. I didn't think there'd be much people interested. I'm also re-doing some of its scenes. Anyway, it'll be back in business soon.

Cougar

I was going to read that story, then the day I was going to read it the crash happened and I saw in that forum the missing stories, including "A tale to tell" so I thought: Fuck... Its better to know that people on the site vote for stories now, because I am hoping that people on the site have no "cruel intentions" !!

SM

Perhaps there's a way to have it that people can only vote if they fill in some comments. Of course they could just fill in 'This sucks' - but then maybe it does suck? Bit hard to force people to give constructive criticism.

DaggleC

This is just a thought, and probably quite time consuming, but the comments could be submitted a la newsie.

The mods could then filter the bad ones out, and paste the good ones. Or at least filter bad bits out.

As I say - a rough Idea

Cougar

Maybe some stories aren't so good as others and you don't enjoy them very much, but why don't you just put something nice to make them feel better? Just say that its not *that* bad and you have read worst and give the author some pointers?

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

Prezes

for sending positive "you're not bad, just write more" feedback we'll have the comment page....

Anise

Playing 'Devil's advocate', as I do sometimes, I doubt that removing the unregistered voter will do much good.

If you look at the 'last on' list on any given day you'll see that it's the same old faces day in day out. AvP2.net may have heaps of registered users but a lot of them are just no longer active.

I've been the only hunter on here at times but there've been up to 8 prey.

Keep the unregistered votes but interpret them as you will but rely on the registered and writers votes for more accurate feedback.

I don't agree with filtering out negative comments because no one is going to learn that way.

If a writer is a 'slam out a stalk and slash fic' then they are unlikely to be bothered about comments but writers who really want to improve are going to need the negative comments (constructive advice, yes, I said advice) to know where they are going wrong.

}{elios

Well, some people lack to inteligence to notice how stupid they are themselves.Its just a bunch of Bull.

Q-ball

well i think my stories have gone unnoticed but as soon as i get me pc i have more stories then so maybe i get more votes

Seikken53

my story has gone mostly unnoticed.. i have recieved pleasent emails from some readers... i feel darn lucky! too bad i plan not to update that story in a loooonnng while... but it is sad how people diss others stories (i did once when i was very tired... i beat myself with a stick and appaulogized to the author numerous times... thank god they were forgiving of a mistake!

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 0ff9be1f9d772322ef119b6eca5e03e1)