AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Fomorian's official AvP advance thread

Forum: AvP Universe
Everything that makes up the worlds of Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Topic: Fomorian's official AvP advance thread
Total Posts: 34

Fomorian

Well I think if there can be a Castlevania, Metroid or Contra title, there could be a perfectly acceptable AvP game on GBA. Heck, even DOOM is getting a port (a good one I hear). I believe those will be the same kind of players that would wanna play AvP advance (well if MY version of AvP get's made anyways).

Granted, there are lots of minors with GBAs, but you'd be surprised at how many older gamer have one. Think of the Snes nostalgics that now buy a GBA to get that old sidescroller feeling again. Think of all the action gamers that are in desperate need for adrenaline. AND most of all: think of the fans of the movies that don't/can't buy an expensive console or PC.

dvVIII

Fomorian, I wasn't suggesting they shouldn't make AvP for the Gameboy. The games are really one of the main things keeping the universe alive so I 'm all for as many Aliens and Pred games as possible. The concern is whether the content is appropriate for the audience and vice-versa.

Medicomp

Hi everyone(this is my very first post here)!Anyway I have some "ideas" :

1.It should DEFINETLY be first person,did anyone here play Ecks vs.Sever?If not the game has amazing heat vision graphics,this would work perfectly for the Predator.EvS also allows you to choose a charecter at the beggining of a new game,this would work for selecting a species.So 3d can be done,we just have to see if it can be done with 3 charecters and more vision modes.

2.I'd like to see a mix of indoor and outdoor enviornments,nothing fantastic just variety.

Fomorian

hmmmm... welp... At least that's an idea!

I had no idea Ecks vs Sever could do that! could you link me to a pic?

Yere

I think it would be better in 3rd person view, 1st person on gba?

I don't think it will be so easy

Fomorian

That is my opinion too (hence the article).

Medicomp

Quote:

On 2002-06-04 18:56, Medicomp wrote:

Hi everyone(this is my very first post here)!Anyway I have some "ideas" :

1.It should DEFINETLY be first person,did anyone here play Ecks vs.Sever?If not the game has amazing heat vision graphics,this would work perfectly for the Predator.EvS also allows you to choose a charecter at the beggining of a new game,this would work for selecting a species.So 3d can be done,we just have to see if it can be done with 3 charecters and more vision modes.

2.I'd like to see a mix of indoor and outdoor enviornments,nothing fantastic just variety.

Sure here's a link http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,537159,00.html

Fomorian

Oh well, the article is finished posting (thx again Demigod). Please post your thoughts here.

the_demigod

Quote:

On 2002-06-15 15:08, Fomorian wrote:

Oh well, the article is finished posting (thx again Demigod). Please post your thoughts here.

U gonna write anything else for us?

TheBlackCat

I wouldn't be so quick to write off the GBA as a "kid's" system. As the only REAL portable system on the market right now (wondeswan color doesn't count), anyone who wants to make a portable game has to come to them. That is why they are getting plenty of adult games (someone has already mentioned doom and eck vs server). Another example is metroid fusion. I know plent of "mature" gamers with GBA's. I wouldn't say it is any more "kiddy" than the PS2. I think expanding into the portable market, one full of "mature" gamers, would really expand sales of AVP games.

the_demigod

thats some nice pics...

Medicomp

Yes,I believe the EvS engine will work quite nicely.Considering the game already revolves around two charecters,it shouldent prove difficult to add just one more.EvS also has an abundance of levels,thus this proves it's possible to create a solid number of levels in a 3g game.It all comes down to a scarifice,if you want a 3d game,you're going to have to sacrifice some levels.However if you want a 2d game you can have a abundance of levels(think supermario worls,96!)but without the impressive graphics.I have to admit though,nothing compares to the feeling of 3d.The game doesn't have to sport each charecter with their own set of levels(this would be damn near impossible)but instead have the game evolve around a set few.Each charecter will experince the level through there own eyes(EvS again!).

Medicomp

Does anyone know when AvP:advance will be released?

Seikken53

i own the first alien versus predator.. i mean the FIRST! its a beat em up game... kinda stinks... disc blows.. spear rocks.. and u hafta pick up items to cloak.. ur only a pred... u only fight aliens.. the bosses are funky queens... they hafta to be hit at the EXACT time to even do DAMAGE!!! it stinks really.. its a side scroller

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 1fc3b74413953f7d12787ae5b43ab1a2)