AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

The Past Few days...

Forum: Life As It Happens
Work [slavery], men&women, books, food, life as you see it.
Topic: The Past Few days...
Total Posts: 67

Viray

Busy is good in a way: it means there's something to do and that there will be food on the table. Still, I take it that it was quite the relief to get away from it all.

Your work on the site really shows, by the way. While you were busy revamping the site, all I was doing was rotting away at Summer school :P

Anything to graduate on time, I guess.

Prezes

School! I still remember those days ....

I turned 30 this year :(

I've been trying to clean up all the broken links in the database between content, and all the issues that have been building up over the years. We have been only for over 10 years now !!! The code & structure originally developed is for LAMP standard that is rather obsolete. So things work a bit differnet now, in the current LAMP...

Need to get all the news stories re-listed.

All the new content for AbsoluteAvP and AbsoluteHALO

and fix the bugs in AbsoluteGameStory

Viray

o.O

That's quite a bit of work for one man (I'm assuming it's just you). I can't believe how old this site is now; it's pretty damn awesome it's still up and running.

And 30 is still plenty young, especially in this era :P

Prezes

So am I, I think it's quite an achievement to to be still online.

We suffered hardware failures over the years, we lost loads of content as a result :(

At the beginning we used someone else to managed to domain names, and lost a few of them as a result...

There we a few software upgrades over the years that did go all that well. The functionality was not supported in the newer PHP and/or MySQL so I had to try and rewrite stuff quickly to ma it work again.

All good trills ;)

Love to see the old faces come back and for all of uss to catch up

Prezes

What a busy 2 months!

I went on holiday to Egypt for 2 weeks (on what I believe was a well timed & well deserved holiday); it was amazin! It did end up costing as more then twice as much as we planned :( (we will be paying for it for a couple more months!)

But it was brilliant!!!

Couple days after our return, on the Monday morning commute into work, someone drove into the back of my girlfriends car! We then had a week of trying to get things sorted (the guy did not want to give up his insurance details), so the police got involved. The car was almost written off, but it’s now been fixed.

However, my girlfriend is suffering with back problems, so that is keeping me busy as I need to do most things for her now :(

Coupled with heavy work load from my paying job, it doesn’t leave much time to sort things our here. BUT, much of the functinallity is back. I only have the user things to sort out now (profile pages, register/lost passwords, and PM’s)
I’ve been cleaning up the links, so you have seen the news items appearing on the site again (if the items are not linked properly in the DB, they don’t show).

So I think in a couple of days, I’ll send an email to our registered users to let them know we are still alive & kicking!

Viray

Glad to hear you got that issue sorted. Car accidents are never fun (for a very large number of reasons).

Also, since I'm sure you don't hear this often enough, great job on updating the site. Your work shows, so don't forget to take some time just to sit back and appreciate it.

Prezes

This week I spent couple of days in Hamburg for a team building event, great event as I learnt a lot about the people I work with. Just a shame about the timing as I got bucket load of work to get done in the next 7 working days before I break up for Xmas!

Will be working all weekend, will try get as much done as I can for the website too!

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 24e16fda2096d6c877be06ee5abdbda3)