AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Thoughts

Forum: Various Stories
Discuss the multitude of stories appearing at GS.
Topic: Thoughts
Total Posts: 81

AlienSlof

Ahh, well, some of us, like Demi and me, are perfectionists - we want it ALL to be right, not just churn out endless mistake filled stuff.

Preliator

Quote:

we dont like to turn out mistake filled stuff LIKE YOU!!!

M Mistake filled why I outta, write another one! no you see the reson I like mine is becuz they are already PERFECT right right huh huh (weeeeeell minus the mispellings anyway. perfect yup thats me.
Doom on "imperfect" stories

killadutch

I'm one of those people who notice every spelling mistake in any story I read.

Anise

the_demigod

spelling mistakes detract from the reading pleasure cause their jarr the mind AWAY from the story...

AlienSlof

As do wrong words, Demi! ^^^

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Hey guys check out the perfect queen over here!!!!!
jokes sloffy

the_demigod

Quote:
As do wrong words, Demi! ^^^

agreed--me been playing Unreal2 and America's Army all day so me semi-conscious.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

unreal 2003 i think is much better. though it bloody slows things up a bit even with al the ram tht i hav and my G4!

the_demigod

Quote:
Ahh, well, some of us, like Demi and me, are perfectionists - we want it ALL to be right, not just churn out endless mistake filled stuff.

Some1 once said:
A good book is never completed, it is simply ABANDONED.

I find it to be VERY true.

DaggleC

I disagree with that. I think a lot of people neglect to piece their stories together properly. If you spend a lot of time working on structure, effect and atmosphere, then I don't think the story is abandoned. Most people don't, so it feels rushed; 'not as good as it could have been' and it feels abandoned.

The statement is just a huge sweeping generalisation.

the_demigod

What the author meant was that if you are a perfectionist, you will work on the book FOREVER, always tweaking this or that, perfecting one thing or the other.
There comes a time when you simply have to ABANDON the never-ending tweaking and "send the book out into the publishing wilderness"

DaggleC

If you are a perfectionist, you know when your creation is perfect. If you keep tweaking after than, it will get worse.

Stories are abandoned when peple get fed up of trying to get it finished as best they can.

Crazy Alien Lord

personally i think that slofs writing is more then publishable i think it blows all the other published novels on aliens and preds out of the water. although it does take a special individual to have interests in reading it. but good luck slof

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

hey lord man. sloffys wirtin is famous among us any way. we used to worship her and i still d coz she is an awesome writter. but publishers are as holes. talk in ralation to demi bout publishers!!!!!

the_demigod

Ahh, we're on my favourite topic--publishers...

Publishing in the Aliens, Pred and AvP universes isn't about talent.
Its about being known to the powers-that-be, about writing from comics, etc...
Its a sad, sad, sad story...

AlienSlof

And one I'm not sure I want to get into - I don't wanna be stuck writing someone else's story.

Renegade

WOOHOO!!! ive just started on chapter 3 of my short story, yay!!!

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

And one I'm not sure I want to get into - I don't wanna be stuck writing someone else's story.

yeh man!!! thats like the most buggered up thing out!! you wouldn't catch me doing someon elses writing for them.

the_demigod

All A, P and AvP EXCEPT the Hunter's Planet book are written on the basis of already existing comic books.

I had a look at the Dark Horse acceptance criteria, and they are murky, weird and over-legalised. IMAO any creative submissions will vanish IN the process.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 2d1a28532a13dfad1bba8f216272e693)